Lauren Mahon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a lovely encounter with this “lady” let me start by saying I absolutely loved her account and her realness about life with cancer. Big respect for that but since her insta took off and she’s got representation she seems to be getting way to big for her boots to the point she’s just not relatable anymore. Constant paid partnerships, ads, free trips. Comes across as very grabby now but her latest insta story really got me. Asking her followers to bombard some poor guy on insta because he got his hands on the Liam Gallagher set list from insta and she wanted to hold it and get a pic with it.... anyway I just thought it was quite irresponsible to get her 45k followers to msg some poor guy as you know in the world of social media some of her “fans” would not have been kind about it and she’s encouraging this. So I told her... and got a lovely reply back telling me I need to get out more and to jog on and this is “a big bleeping deal to her” ok Hun

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Totally agree. Big respect for her as GirlStoleLondon and she's done loads of great things with YouMeBigC but she has really become obnoxious, grabby and full of herself. The Liam begging thing made me cringe a bit for her.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. Big respect for her as GirlStoleLondon and she's done loads of great things with YouMeBigC but she has really become obnoxious, grabby and full of herself. The Liam begging thing made me cringe a bit for her.
Total cringe!!! But also, who would encourage all their followers to bombard him. Not cool. Say he’s quite a shy person he could be really intimidated by it. That’s what really annoyed me. Iv learned to just ignore her constant ads and paid partnerships and bragging but I couldn’t ignore this!! She put on another post “shame I’m getting agg about this” what do you expect!! I hope other people have msged her about it! Otherwise she’s directing that story at me 😂 she needs to give her head a wobble

Reactions: 2
Totally agree. Who does she think she is?! I’m a big fan of the big c podcasts but i’ve lost all respect for her now. Very disappointing.

Reactions: 3
First time posting but I totally agree, massive respect for all she done but she does seem to have suddenly gone all paid, gifted, ad, etc. And as for the Liam set list, she almost came across as if he'd stolen her personal property, a real sense of entitlement. Was disappointed to be honest. Notice she deleted the pic on her story with the half smoked ciggy in her hand pretty quick too.

First time posting but I totally agree, massive respect for all she done but she does seem to have suddenly gone all paid, gifted, ad, etc. And as for the Liam set list, she almost came across as if he'd stolen her personal property, a real sense of entitlement. Was disappointed to be honest. Notice she deleted the pic on her story with the half smoked ciggy in her hand pretty quick too.
I noticed that too!!! Sick of seeing every bragging post with a gift or paid partnership. She told me I need to get out more. Yea wish I could get out as much as you for free love!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iv just seen that the poor guy has given her the setlist he got for LG. After seeing all the comments bombarding him from her followers I am shocked and feeling so sorry for the guy!! Imagine getting all that grief for nothing! I think he felt obliged or intimidated to give it to her :(

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I love and respect her a lot as a person but it’s just paid post after paid story after paid post. Ok cool I get you need to earn your rent. But this is getting annoying now

I think she is a full time influencer now. Is that a job? Soho farmhouse seems the place they all gather
I think your right but I find her posts so strange.

The Way She Capitalises Every Word
And Talks In Really.
Short Broken Sentences.
And Weird Slang That Teenage Boys Use.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Completely disagree with everything you’ve said here. Lauren’s amazing and she’s been through a lot. She’s also helped me with some stuff when I had a cancer scare. She’s lost a lot of people close to her recently, and she’s got friends who are also dying. She’s a lovely lovely lady, yeah she’s hobby but she’s got a massive heart of gold.

I think your right but I find her posts so strange.

The Way She Capitalises Every Word
And Talks In Really.
Short Broken Sentences.
And Weird Slang That Teenage Boys Use.
She almost died from cancer. And she’s lost a lot of people close to her from cancer recently. I think your bullying her. You don’t know her personally or know her life or her story or what she’s been through.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Completely disagree with everything you’ve said here. Lauren’s amazing and she’s been through a lot. She’s also helped me with some stuff when I had a cancer scare. She’s lost a lot of people close to her recently, and she’s got friends who are also dying. She’s a lovely lovely lady, yeah she’s hobby but she’s got a massive heart of gold.

She almost died from cancer. And she’s lost a lot of people close to her from cancer recently. I think your bullying her. You don’t know her personally or know her life or her story or what she’s been through.
I don't think anyone is bullying her or dismissing what a cataclysmic effect having cancer and losing friends has had on her. Many people are still very much in that place themselves. Not a single person is begrudging her her health and happiness, not one. I think the issue is very much with the paid ads, affiliations and trappings of the 'influencer' lifestyle which don't sit well with some people anymore. She's lost some of that connection and authenticity. Expensive designer shopping, Soho farmhouse and countless freebies, ads and affiliations will do that.
Like many people who've found 'insta-fame' she'd be well minded (as would @bowelbabe ) to remember what exactly raised her profile and got her all those gigs in the first place.

Reactions: 9
I thought there might be a thread on here about her…. Iv just had to unfollow her. I agree she has been through a lot and set up a charity and raised money for cancer which is great but I just couldn’t sit through her latest stories begging for money for her “brand” or rebrand as she’s put it. She is asking for investors. Ok fine but then asking us average normal people if we can give her money too…. “If you’ve got any money squirrelled away in your bank” we’ll yea I have but that’s for my future and security after a ver uncertain couple of years. Not to fund you galavanting round London eating in fancy restaurants. (Which is what her following story was after the begging) instead of living the Ab Fab life why don’t you invest your own money, you’ve got a lot more than the majority of your followers have.
Sorry for the rant it just really bugged me, there didn’t even seem any sincerity in it, just sounded cocky and arrogant and very entitled….

Reactions: 15
Yes! Lack of sincerity nails it for me. I think that’s the issue I have with the style of her posts, it feels too try hard and just comes across as fake.

Anyone else really uncomfortable with her begging stories right now?? How much has she spent on jaw surgery, shopping trips etc??

Reactions: 6
Anyone else really uncomfortable with her begging stories right now?? How much has she spent on jaw surgery, shopping trips etc??
I did actually feel quite sorry for her today. I work in the charity sector and know how tough it can be to make things stack up financially and how stressful it can be. That said, if whatever she’s doing isn’t landing with people and getting the engagement she wants then begging for freebies and support is only going to paper over the cracks. If she’s doing the same sort of thing over and over again she’s just going to keep running into the same problems.

My issue with the freebies and splashing the cash is how inauthentic it is. She likes to portray this image that she’s a salt of the earth cockney girl, but at the same time she’s swanning off for weekends at Soho House, spending hundreds of designer bags etc. Which is it? Because at the moment I’m not relating to either persona so maybe that’s why the Girl v Cancer stuff isn’t resonating either.

There’s a thread on here about Lauren’s podcast cohost Deborah which criticises her for the same sort of thing - lots of freebies, not being relatable - but I actually find it easier to watch from her. She’s never tried to hide the fact that her family are loaded so all the trips to Wimbledon etc are normal for her (as unrelatable as they might be for the rest of us!)

Reactions: 6
I did actually feel quite sorry for her today. I work in the charity sector and know how tough it can be to make things stack up financially and how stressful it can be. That said, if whatever she’s doing isn’t landing with people and getting the engagement she wants then begging for freebies and support is only going to paper over the cracks. If she’s doing the same sort of thing over and over again she’s just going to keep running into the same problems.

My issue with the freebies and splashing the cash is how inauthentic it is. She likes to portray this image that she’s a salt of the earth cockney girl, but at the same time she’s swanning off for weekends at Soho House, spending hundreds of designer bags etc. Which is it? Because at the moment I’m not relating to either persona so maybe that’s why the Girl v Cancer stuff isn’t resonating either.

There’s a thread on here about Lauren’s podcast cohost Deborah which criticises her for the same sort of thing - lots of freebies, not being relatable - but I actually find it easier to watch from her. She’s never tried to hide the fact that her family are loaded so all the trips to Wimbledon etc are normal for her (as unrelatable as they might be for the rest of us!)
Fully agree. I felt sorry for her too. Just feel cringe when she asks for money but then is having multiple free stays at Soho farmhouse next!