Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This makes me so angry! There is so much information out there from really successful bestselling authors on getting a book deal etc etc AND THEY DO IT FOR FREE!
And she literally did a free workshop for Fabulous magazine last month on the same subject. Will reuse the material and make £££ (she's said "spaces are limited", which is a ploy to get people to jump on board quickly)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
And she literally did a free workshop for Fabulous magazine last month on the same subject. Will reuse the material and make £££ (she's said "spaces are limited", which is a ploy to get people to jump on board quickly)
Well spaces aren't limited are they?! It's online and doesn't involve her having to read and feed back on a load of ideas (that she'll nick), so that's just trying to drive people to sign up. I'm not on Twitter but I wonder if Dolly and Pandora can be alerted to this with an @ - she's nicking their intellectual property now to make money. I know the new book isn't doing that well so she's trying a money making scheme, but really. Even if it's only the 35 people who watch her interviews (Isabel Broom one was painful) who sign up, that's still £3500 odd quid made on a Sunday scam.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Well spaces aren't limited are they?! It's online and doesn't involve her having to read and feed back on a load of ideas (that she'll nick), so that's just trying to drive people to sign up. I'm not on Twitter but I wonder if Dolly and Pandora can be alerted to this with an @ - she's nicking their intellectual property now to make money. I know the new book isn't doing that well so she's trying a money making scheme, but really. Even if it's only the 35 people who watch her interviews (Isabel Broom one was painful) who sign up, that's still £3500 odd quid made on a Sunday scam.
She's also doing 1 to 1 sessions for £350 a pop. Thought she'd be too busy writing another shite book to do that https://www.learnwithlaurajane.com/11-calls

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just pick a figure and stick to it love
What’s the betting she read here earlier today and sent herself this question from a fake account to “prove the haters wrong”?

She did a bad job at it quite frankly, donating on a % sliding scale is a pathetic cop out. She does realise that if she committed to donating 5% of earnings no matter what, if the course didn’t sell out she’d still be donating less money overall?! Is she desperate for cash or something?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
What’s the betting she read here earlier today and sent herself this question from a fake account to “prove the haters wrong”?

She did a bad job at it quite frankly, donating on a % sliding scale is a pathetic cop out. She does realise that if she committed to donating 5% of earnings no matter what, if the course didn’t sell out she’d still be donating less money overall?! Is she desperate for cash or something?!
I would say yes, desperate for cash at this point.

Reactions: 4
I would say yes, desperate for cash at this point.
I do wonder what her finances are like, actually. Quite nosey of me, but she has previously talked a big game about multiple income streams and managing money, but it doesn’t seem to match up with the reality.

Remember LJ pretending her London flat was all hers, and she didn’t have a housemate? Kind of reminds me of her old pal Alice Judge Talbot, who also talked up her finances a lot but was living on her parents property at the time (and ended up allegedly handing over £14k to a potential con artist).

Reactions: 9
I do wonder what her finances are like, actually. Quite nosey of me, but she has previously talked a big game about multiple income streams and managing money, but it doesn’t seem to match up with the reality.

Remember LJ pretending her London flat was all hers, and she didn’t have a housemate? Kind of reminds me of her old pal Alice Judge Talbot, who also talked up her finances a lot but was living on her parents property at the time (and ended up allegedly handing over £14k to a potential con artist).
I think I learnt about LJ via AJT as I had a kid at a similar time and was following her as some kind of guru. How the scales fell. Both cut from the same cloth. Egotism combined with narcissism. AJT's recent behaviour makes me wonder for her sanity.

I know for a fact her book deal wasn't great. Her publishers are definitely getting their pound of flesh, and LJ is scavenging to supplement.

I want to personally warn every single person about to take that "course". If it's claiming to be everything she knows, will it involve a how to for those wildly unsuitable outfit posts with the captions. Money well spent.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How crushingly disappointing. I think it's Pete from Becoming, here to give his side of the story.
That's easy enough to get if you know where to look.... but posting the how's does violate the rules sadly. But people did get chatty on other
socials back when Becoming was released.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I want to personally warn every single person about to take that "course". If it's claiming to be everything she knows, will it involve a how to for those wildly unsuitable outfit posts with the captions. Money well spent.
Sounds like you have experience in her courses? I fear that taking one would make fork out even more cash for therapy after, to get over the trauma!

Reactions: 1
There was a reason she deleted her FB account and it wasn't because she didn't use it.
Oh right. I assumed that. Along with the fact she has no friends.

Can you not just give us the gist of what was said, or post screenshots with the names cropped off/blocked out? I have no idea where to start looking and it sounds like you already have the info.

This thread needs an injection of gossip since LJW is so dull, and after the recent tease of info which turned out to possibly be Laura herself attempting to clumsily collect user’s emails, I think most of us do not have the patience for cryptic posts or taunting us with information without revealing it...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm LOVING the gallery of self-praise for her books :ROFLMAO: The narcissism is INSANE. Someone here said she reminded them of Trump and I get it! A little deluded and humourless. A cursory glance at her book and I think she should have made a gallery of these: "A big fat pile of meh." "Bottom line: mediocre." "Just awful. "I couldn’t finish this book." "Not funny" 🤭

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.