Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm. Potentially pushing a ā€œchildfree by choiceā€narrative now with the caption on this latest post? I think we saw this coming?

34E5103A-5E8D-43A6-BE22-DF9CC00E3837.jpeg

Reactions: 2
A child she was teaching in Italy drew a banana in a hat and was very unapologetic about it being odd and silly when all her friends were confused by it. Laura liked that spirit of staying true to yourself despite what others think and had the drawing tattooed.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
The thing I find really odd about her is the extremity of it all. She had a bad relationship with the Italian guy, she becomes celibate and swears off relationships.

For whatever reason the adoption has not worked out, now she is "childless but not through choice" or however she is wording it. It's just so weird to close your options like this. I mean, she could feasibly meet someone in the next few years (she is mid 30s?) and have a child with him or use a sperm donor or use a surrogate. Anything could happen, life is not fixed in the way she seems to think it is.

Reactions: 7
The thing I find really odd about her is the extremity of it all. She had a bad relationship with the Italian guy, she becomes celibate and swears off relationships.

For whatever reason the adoption has not worked out, now she is "childless but not through choice" or however she is wording it. It's just so weird to close your options like this. I mean, she could feasibly meet someone in the next few years (she is mid 30s?) and have a child with him or use a sperm donor or use a surrogate. Anything could happen, life is not fixed in the way she seems to think it is.
Honestly, I think itā€™s because she views herself as special, and she wants to be seen this incredibly inspiring woman who has all her tit together.

Everything has to be a big decision, it has to be a new life path, it has to be her calling and a gift from the universe. She canā€™t just live like the rest of us, because she so desperately wants to be above the rest of us.

I think she is very narcissistic and therefore grandiose in her feelings about herself and her life. She wants to be Elizabeth Gilbert (another grandiose, attention-seeking narc, in my opinion).

Reactions: 8
Totally agree about Elizabeth Gilbert and LJ definitely sees herself in the same mould (I think she even mentions her in Becoming). Both insufferable and smug.

Reactions: 2
Can someone tell me if they are able to PM me if they try? I have a bit of info about LJ that I'd like to share but I'm not sure if it's allowed. I don't seem to have the option to DM :(

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Can someone tell me if they are able to PM me if they try? I have a bit of info about LJ that I'd like to share but I'm not sure if it's allowed. I don't seem to have the option to DM :(
I canā€™t see the option to message you, unfortunately. Can you not just post on the thread? Or is the info against the rules or something?

Reactions: 1
I donā€™t think you can PM as your profile is so new. Post it Iā€™d say ā€” a mod will remove it if
Itā€™s against the rules.

I canā€™t see the option to message you, unfortunately. Can you not just post on the thread? Or is the info against the rules or something?
It'll be against the rules! I don't suppose you'd like to [anonymously] email me veeveebr0wn1 at gmail dot com?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.