Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my, the swooning, fawning, over the top recommendations of all her work she’s reposted on her Stories... and they’re all from Calum! :ROFLMAO:

Apparently she’s the best straight writer around for her skill in being LGBTQ+ inclusive.

Ok then.

Reactions: 1
Oh my, the swooning, fawning, over the top recommendations of all her work she’s reposted on her Stories... and they’re all from Calum! :ROFLMAO:

Apparently she’s the best straight writer around for her skill in being LGBTQ+ inclusive.

Ok then.
Calum has a book out too. Think Becoming, but a more LGBTQ+ one. He's about as likeable as she was in Becoming. One does have to wonder what her former friends and University coursemates must think of her, as they all get mentioned quite horribly in Becoming. Yet likely had to put up with the early edits of Becoming.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I wonder what the Brummie guy off her course (can't remember his name already, Sean?) girlfriend thought about reading that he had been hitting on Laura for years any opportunity he got.

Yes, I wonder what the Brummie guy off her course (can't remember his name already, Sean?) girlfriend thought about reading that he had been hitting on Laura for years any opportunity he got.
Pete was his name in the book.

Hopefully the girlfriend recognised it for the exaggeration it most likely was, since I highly doubt “Pete” called Laura “beautiful” and complimented both her arse and her writing at every opportunity, while also negging her.

Hilarious also that she seems to hold back from shagging him as he has a girlfriend, but later details how much she prefers being the one men cheat with, not cheat on... he’s the only straight man in the book she doesn’t sleep with (except Hal... yes I finished the book, the entire Hal thing is the most INSANE part of a memoir I’ve ever read. It reads like bad fan fiction written by a 12-year old girl with extremely unrealistic ideas about love. I was both cry-laughing and open-mouthed through the entire thing).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Pete was his name in the book.

Hopefully the girlfriend recognised it for the exaggeration it most likely was, since I highly doubt “Pete” called Laura “beautiful” and complimented both her arse and her writing at every opportunity, while also negging her.

Hilarious also that she seems to hold back from shagging him as he has a girlfriend, but later details how much she prefers being the one men cheat with, not cheat on... he’s the only straight man in the book she doesn’t sleep with (except Hal... yes I finished the book, the entire Hal thing is the most INSANE part of a memoir I’ve ever read. It reads like bad fan fiction written by a 12-year old girl with extremely unrealistic ideas about love. I was both cry-laughing and open-mouthed through the entire thing).
Is there a summary somewhere? I might have been tempted to buy her books once upon a time (as I'm sure most people here may have been!) but thankfully those days are long gone!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is there a summary somewhere? I might have been tempted to buy her books once upon a time (as I'm sure most people here may have been!) but thankfully those days are long gone!
I summarised some of my thoughts on the previous page, with some examples of stuff she mentions. There might be some detailed reviews on Goodreads? Apart from that, I have no idea.

Yes, Hal! When they meet in Times Square and he goes stomping off and they have an awkward meal in a Mexican and then he avoids her for 3 days. Wow. To be fair, he sounded like a bit of a twunt but what did she expect??

• Haha
You can buy it for about £3 on kindle. Go on, it's a good day or two's gobsmacking read.

She’s at great pains to tell us she is single in the Q&A. Apparently she’s living vicariously through the love lives of her female characters. That will be why they sound so insufferable, then!

“Cultivating a beautiful, meaningful life is the gateway to great art, so I try to make everything feel as good and deliberate as possible, from my morning routine to where I take my afternoon walk to the way I arrange my coffee table books. From there, it’s hard not to feel inspired.”

God she sounds like a right poser. How does one arrange their coffee table books creatively? Like it’s a game of Jenga?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
She’s at great pains to tell us she is single in the Q&A. Apparently she’s living vicariously through the love lives of her female characters. That will be why they sound so insufferable, then!

“Cultivating a beautiful, meaningful life is the gateway to great art, so I try to make everything feel as good and deliberate as possible, from my morning routine to where I take my afternoon walk to the way I arrange my coffee table books. From there, it’s hard not to feel inspired.”

God she sounds like a right poser. How does one arrange their coffee table books creatively? Like it’s a game of Jenga?
Who talks like that? God, she's dead inside.

Reactions: 4

When I read this, I genuinely thought it was satire that you had written 😂! Can’t believe an actual human being says these things.

• Haha
She thinks her books are great art, and thinks curating a beautiful, meaningful coffee table was the key to helping her create this art?

• Haha
I noticed she keeps changing her bio, which doesn't sound like a woman whose high self esteem is "your problem". It was all “I write woke books about love...” “I write modern love stories for people who don’t believe in love...” “I write feminist romcoms...” “I write books where no one needs saving...” (etc).

How about “I write steaming turds distinctly average books that don’t do as well as I expect them to...”?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I noticed she keeps changing her bio, which doesn't sound like a woman whose high self esteem is "your problem". It was all “I write woke books about love...” “I write modern love stories for people who don’t believe in love...” “I write feminist romcoms...” “I write books where no one needs saving...” (etc).

How about “I write steaming turds distinctly average books that don’t do as well as I expect them to...”?
“I write ‘books’ in which the main characters are always shockingly similar to me and constantly fawned upon/praised/wanted as a narcissistic masturbatory exercise” ???

• Haha
Reactions: 7

She changed it AGAIN is she ok? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.