Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is hugely insulting to Marian Keyes, who writes all her books, has sold in the tens of millions, is incredibly funny and charming, and a general super star šŸ˜‚ thereā€™s nothing wrong with romance or chick lit.
I quite agree. Marian Keyes is a brilliant writer her books are so far from the shite that LJW writes theyā€™re not on the same planet.

Reactions: 2
Between her and Kristina Adams I'm not sure who is the most deluded and believes there own self-importance, think they might actually compete for the title.

Reactions: 1
An hour for herself? What? She lives on her own, works for herself, and has no pets or children. Surely she has the majority of her hours for herself, Jesus Christ. The privilege needs to be severely checked with this one.
6F98976A-2923-421F-82B4-06378936FE62.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I cannot with her outfit posts. Wearing a gigantic, ugly coat as if sheā€™s some kind of fashion plate, with a ā€œwittyā€ caption.

Bore off.

Why on earth has she changed her Insta bio to say ā€œI write books about modern loveā€???

In what way are her unoriginal, uninspired, cheap little rip-offs about ā€œmodern loveā€? Theyā€™re just basic beach reads, Laura.

Why do I feel sheā€™s been inspired to claim she writes about ā€œmodern loveā€ because of the current heightened popularity of the NYT column (and Amazon TV show)? It reminds me of how she constantly puts on a new persona - sheā€™s tried to be Dolly Alderton at times, she went through a Phoebe Waller-Bridge phase when she was trying to sell a TV show, and now sheā€™s trying to rebrand her trashy, throwaway novels as some kind of study on modern day love stories?

No thanks.

Also, Iā€™m not sure if I ever wrote this on here, but I read Ice Cream for Breakfast when it came out, as a colleague raved about it. duck me, Iā€™ve never read anything so self-indulgent and full of such glaringly obvious ā€œrealisationsā€ about life? Plus, a good chunk of it had free pages to write your own lists etc, aka the laziest publishing trick to beef up an Instagrammerā€™s book.

Reactions: 8
Why on earth has she changed her Insta bio to say ā€œI write books about modern loveā€???

In what way are her unoriginal, uninspired, cheap little rip-offs about ā€œmodern loveā€? Theyā€™re just basic beach reads, Laura.

Why do I feel sheā€™s been inspired to claim she writes about ā€œmodern loveā€ because of the current heightened popularity of the NYT column (and Amazon TV show)? It reminds me of how she constantly puts on a new persona - sheā€™s tried to be Dolly Alderton at times, she went through a Phoebe Waller-Bridge phase when she was trying to sell a TV show, and now sheā€™s trying to rebrand her trashy, throwaway novels as some kind of study on modern day love stories?

No thanks.

Also, Iā€™m not sure if I ever wrote this on here, but I read Ice Cream for Breakfast when it came out, as a colleague raved about it. duck me, Iā€™ve never read anything so self-indulgent and full of such glaringly obvious ā€œrealisationsā€ about life? Plus, a good chunk of it had free pages to write your own lists etc, aka the laziest publishing trick to beef up an Instagrammerā€™s book.
I've just had to unfollow. I can't take it any more :ROFLMAO: I followed the odd dating column but thought "I've heard this all before". I read her stuff about friendships and I thought "Is she trying to be Carrie Bradshaw 15 years too late?" I bought Our Stop and thought it was... OK. Nothing amazing. Definitely not modern love. Then someone told me it was based on The Note so I read that. OMG. Blatant. And that's when I went right off her. Then I read this thread and realised I wasn't alone! This whole "author life" and "headshots" and third person hashtags. I can't believe anything she posts now! I mean, most of us seek validation when we post, but it's painful. Now I feel cleansed.

I've just had to unfollow. I can't take it any more :ROFLMAO: I followed the odd dating column but thought "I've heard this all before". I read her stuff about friendships and I thought "Is she trying to be Carrie Bradshaw 15 years too late?" I bought Our Stop and thought it was... OK. Nothing amazing. Definitely not modern love. Then someone told me it was based on The Note so I read that. OMG. Blatant. And that's when I went right off her. Then I read this thread and realised I wasn't alone! This whole "author life" and "headshots" and third person hashtags. I can't believe anything she posts now! I mean, most of us seek validation when we post, but it's painful. Now I feel cleansed.
I said the same about The Note versus Our Stop. The Note came first and was about the authorā€™s own story. Sold 250k. Our Stop aped it a couple of years later, sold 25k. Inferior book. Try-hard. Copycat. Made me squirm reading it. Plus sheā€™s banging on (in the creepy insincere teenage ā€œbabe you look amaaaaaazinā€ comments for the VANILLA new headshot ) about her book being award winning. The only award Our Stop won was for its marketing team (and rightly so cause they worked harrrrrrd to roll it in glitter).

I like how her headshot deliberately hides her chin with her jumper. Look her up on YouTube, watch the Waterstones video from last year. She looks VERY different, especially in the chin/neck area.

Reactions: 5
She's missed her calling that one..... forget the love square, she release a book on how to take the perfect selfie and mislead people. As that's all she does.

I got an advanced copy of her new book from Netgalley two days ago and itā€™s tit šŸ˜‚
I didnā€™t even know she had a thread here until I saw her name pop up šŸ˜‚ I struggled through it but Iā€™m glad it was free.
It was a struggle.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.