Laura Byrne

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgh why send you kid to nursery when you are home all day and you live in a Covid hot spot! If you have to go to work as a key worker or even have a 8 hour online working day from home then I can understand but she is home doing nothing and she’s thrown her little girl into the firing line when we know this new strain can affect children. Madness to me

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can’t get a space for my daughter in nursery and I am a key worker! Infuriating!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
It isn’t “right” for my family that my children are at home with their dad who works full time while I am at work in the NHS. I understand that the priority is for those children who have two key workers but she should be giving her space to someone else when she doesn’t even work

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It isn’t “right” for my family that my children are at home with their dad who works full time while I am at work in the NHS. I understand that the priority is for those children who have two key workers but she should be giving her space to someone else when she doesn’t even work
Does your child normally go to nursery? Ours is open business as usual, have they said your child can’t go on their normal days?

Its their decision. We all have to do what is right for our family.
I don't think that's really the attitude to take 😳 when so many people are having to be inconvenienced in so many ways but do it regardless as they're all doing their bit to try and salvage 2021 and stop the spread, not just thinking "oh I'll send my child to nursery WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO just because it's 'right for me' '"

They clearly have space for her. Take that up with your nursery.

I don't think that's really the attitude to take 😳 when so many people are having to be inconvenienced in so many ways but do it regardless as they're all doing their bit to try and salvage 2021 and stop the spread, not just thinking "oh I'll send my child to nursery WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO just because it's 'right for me' '"
Meh. My daughter is secondary school age and struggles to be at home so I don’t begrudge anyone from making use of a service offered by a nursery. If school was open mine would be going.

• Sick
Meh? Your reply to a pandemic is meh!!! Argh if everyone had been a little less meh we wouldn’t be in the position nearly a year on :mad:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry, what's the issue with her sending her child to nursery? Unless the nursery is running with fewer staff than normal, she's not taking anyone's space? It's more or less business as usual in early years settings. I'm sure in circumstances where staff are off the nursery would prioritise children of key worker's anyway. She probably still has to pay even if she doesn't send Everly, not sure if their free hours would have kicked in yet. She's not breaking any rules, so really struggling to see what the problem is tbh. The nurseries are open, she can send her child. Whether you choose to keep your child at home, that's your decision.

I do think it's a personal decision and there is no right and wrong...
On one hand I think we should all do our bit to keep each other, ourselves and our children safe... therefore I think maybe as a stay at home mum she should consider keeping Everly home... not to avoid taking up a space, but from a safety point of view.

On the other hand, last time nurseries seem to close to all but essential workers, and this time they're not. If it was that unsafe to remain open, they wouldnt be open!

Reactions: 4
Does your child normally go to nursery? Ours is open business as usual, have they said your child can’t go on their normal days?
Yes she normally goes to nursery but they will only remain open for children where both parents are key workers

Yes she normally goes to nursery but they will only remain open for children where both parents are key workers
How strange! Do you still have to pay for the place?!
Of the nurseries I know the my baby and my friends kids go to, they are all taking the normal kids they usually have. I don’t think Laura can really be called out for that, it’s not her fault that her nursery hasn’t closed to non key workers. I’d give up my childs nursery place for a key worker but if they don’t tell you there’s key workers asking for places what can you do?

Reactions: 2
How strange! Do you still have to pay for the place?!
Of the nurseries I know the my baby and my friends kids go to, they are all taking the normal kids they usually have. I don’t think Laura can really be called out for that, it’s not her fault that her nursery hasn’t closed to non key workers. I’d give up my childs nursery place for a key worker but if they don’t tell you there’s key workers asking for places what can you do?
Nurseries are remaining open regardless this time. It's not like last time where they limited it to key workers. At the moment all children can still attend nursery .

I am in Scotland and it isn’t the case here.
That explains it then. Laura lives near London, different rules in England. Early years are open for all, not just keyworkers. Not her fault Boris and Nicola aren't on the same page, lol.

That explains it then. Laura lives near London, different rules in England. Early years are open for all, not just keyworkers. Not her fault Boris and Nicola aren't on the same page, lol.
I wasn’t insinuating that, I envy that she has a space for her child. However the guidance that should be for the entire of the UK is that we are in lockdown and you should only be sending your child to a nursery if there is no other option to limit the risk of spread to other children and to protect staff

• Heart
I can't get worked up about it either. I have two toddlers that don't go to nursery and they are climbing the walls.. I would ppssibly send them too if I could afford it. She also might be sending her so she can focus on homeschooling Harrison? Plus a lot of previous posts have stated that people think she is struggling with poor mental health right now .. maybe she needs it for her own sanity. X

Did anyone watch her cleaning out Everleys room? Is she a hoarder or shopping addict or something? I’ve never seem so many things and so much stuff crammed into one room/house. It made me feel stressed out just watching it 😳

Reactions: 10
Did anyone watch her cleaning out Everleys room? Is she a hoarder or shopping addict or something? I’ve never seem so many things and so much stuff crammed into one room/house. It made me feel stressed out just watching it 😳
Yes those kids have far too much stuff ( mostly gifted) you'd think she'd donate some to a womens refuge or something .