Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Level 16. Just watched it on Netflix cause I was bored of scrolling but wow!! I recommend it!

It's a thriller and it's about a prison style boarding school full of girls. They've been there since s young age and don't know anything about the outside world and believe they're being "trained" for adoption. It's about discovering why they're there, really good!!!
i watxhed this the other day too, i liked.it but i felt the ending was a bit of a disappointment it seemed rushed in a way

Greyhound
Not much of a storyline, and I don’t want to offend with that, it’s set in WW2 during the battle of the Atlantic but at the start it seemed like there was going to be additional storylines, there wasn’t any. I spent the whole film confused as to what was happening. Partly to be fair that was due to all the sailor lingo/chat which isn’t something your average person knows. Would not recommend. I only watched it for Tom Hanks as I firmly believe he’s never been in a shit film - perhaps I’m not the target audience of this one.

Curly Top

VIP Member
I saw Tulip Fever, which is an adaptation of a Deborah Moggagh book.

It was set in the Netherlands in the 1600s.

Excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Pure escapism, and a very satisfying ending.

hypoharpy

The witches 2020 version. I enjoyed it- the effects were good, Octavia Spencer was the standout as the grandma.
The earlier film was better though - the witches in the coven were creepier and the amazing Angelica Houston proved what a class act she is .

wastelandbaby

It was either I, Tonya or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - I very rarely sit down to watch films unfortunately so this was way back in the summer. I also started watching Midsommar and despite liking what I saw never got round to finishing it so I'll have to go back to that. I might put on the 2005 version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tonight though which was my favourite film as a child for a bit of a festive nostalgia fix while I work!

Matricks

"Apollo 13" - one of Tom Hanks' more rounded performances, and the story/tension still grips even though most people old enough to remember will know the real outcome.