Last film you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rented 1917 and JoJo rabbit.

1917 was absolutely spectacular. Really captured the horror of the trenches, and the cinematography was stunning. I also liked the inclusion of Sikh and black soldiers even though people complained at the time of tokenism. Yes Sikh (and black) soldiers did serve in WW1, no at the time of the film they were not in the area, but I enjoyed seeing the representation.

I was disappointed by Jojo Rabbit. I've enjoyed all of Taika Waititi's previous films but I felt this one missed the mark. I'm all for a bit of dark humour but this just wasn't funny. I found it more sad than funny to be honest. Wouldn't recommend.

Reactions: 2
Death Becomes Her, classic black comedy with many memorable quotes - "I CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU!", "did you remember where you parked the car?"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Watched Ma last night. Would not recommend. The lead actress Octavia Spencer was fantastic but the film itself wasn’t. It had potential to be great but just fell flat; lots of cliches, characters I didn’t really care for, not a lot of atmosphere.

Last edited:
Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds. Silly nonsense but an easy comedy to watch.

Winning London which is a Mary-Kate & Ashley movie 😂😂 Not one of their best movies from my childhood memories lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Downsizing. It was okay, not what I thought.
Very strange film. I watched this with my husband as it was listed under ‘comedy’ on Netflix. Don’t think we even raised a smile once and we turned off before the end as we were bored to tears!

The Runaways on Prime
put it on for background noise while I did some online shopping and ended up watching the whole thing & got no shopping done. Was really good, but not sure how truthful it is to the actual story of the band. I should do some research.

Reactions: 1
Very strange film. I watched this with my husband as it was listed under ‘comedy’ on Netflix. Don’t think we even raised a smile once and we turned off before the end as we were bored to tears!
The trailer was very deceiving! The whole thing was the first 1/4 of the movie and looked really good! Each half could have been completely different films 🤷🏼‍♀️ Defo in the “Top 5 worst movies I’ve ever watched” 🥱🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I watched Billy Elliot last night. One of my favourites. Always makes me cry happy tears.
‘It’s my wee Billy!! He could be a genius for all we know!’ ‘We’re finished son, what choice have we got? Let’s give the boy a bleeping chance!’ 😭😭😭

Then the night before last I watched Never Let Me Go which also made me cry. Sad tears that time though 😢.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to love Mary Kate and Ashley, and this was one of my favourites haha! Which ones did you like?
Two of a Kind was brill but my fave movie has to be Holiday In The Sun!
Shame they've both gone a bit odd now..

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I watched Billy Elliot last night. One of my favourites. Always makes me cry happy tears.
‘It’s my wee Billy!! He could be a genius for all we know!’ ‘We’re finished son, what choice have we got? Let’s give the boy a bleeping chance!’ 😭😭😭

Then the night before last I watched Never Let Me Go which also made me cry. Sad tears that time though 😢.
What is never let me go?

Reactions: 1