Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fall on Netflix nearly sick a few times don't like heights. But a question how the hell isn't it so windy up there when me and my friend went on a high ride at Blackpool we felt like we were getting blown off the stairs

Reactions: 3
Just finished the Luther film was quite good but started to get a bit meh towards the end, too unbelievable maybe but worth a watch

I tried to watch The Menu. I thought Ralph Fienes was so good in it.
But I had to stop watching! I’m such a wuss; it creeped me out too much 😂
Finally watched Glass Onion and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Fall Netflix but the plot was spoiled because Gogglebox showed a major plot spoiler.

Watched Fall and Luther last week.

Fall was ok, I saw the 'twist' coming a mile off though.
Luther was passable, but a) there's something about Andy Serkis I find distractingly annoying in every film he's in, so struggled to get past that, and b) Luther is nowhere near as good without Alice Morgan.

Reactions: 2
Just watched 'Orphan - first kill'. I loved the first movie so I was hoping this would be good and it didn't disappoint.

Reactions: 4
Watched Scream 6 last night, always enjoyed the franchise and was buzzing for the reboot for nostalgic reasons.
Five wasn’t great but 6 Is worse and I feel they should’ve left it well alone and shelved it once Neve Campbell pulled out for 6.
Courtney Coxs face is a huge distraction and I’ve had a dream Ghostface was a chasing me hence me being awake at this time 😂😂

I’ll be making a second attempt at the Luther film tonight, fell asleep part way through on my first attempt last week.

Reactions: 1
'Missing' which was like the movie 'Searching' with John Cho from a few years back. Kind of all takes place through a computer screen? I hope I am making sense, it's hard to explain haha. I enjoyed the movie.

Palm Trees and Power Lines (2023)
An aimless 17 year old girl enters into a relationship with a 34 year old man who grooms her into becoming one of his "working girls".
3.5/5 Believable acting and a realistic scenario, if a little overlong and low key.
1.png

Watched Scream 6 last night, always enjoyed the franchise and was buzzing for the reboot for nostalgic reasons.
Five wasn’t great but 6 Is worse and I feel they should’ve left it well alone and shelved it once Neve Campbell pulled out for 6.
Courtney Coxs face is a huge distraction and I’ve had a dream Ghostface was a chasing me hence me being awake at this time 😂😂

I’ll be making a second attempt at the Luther film tonight, fell asleep part way through on my first attempt last week.
I loved it its now second on my list of Scream films

Last I watched was Fisherman's Friends 2 on prime as I went to the musical last Month. Not sure i'd rush to watch again but was ok

Reactions: 2
I’m usually a book worm but as I’ve started teaching A-Level film I’ve been branching out on viewing a variety of films as a bit of a New Year’s resolution. I started by creating a list of all the Oscar/bafta nominated films and used these emojis to signify if I’d seen it, wanted to see it or wasn’t bothered ✔▶⛔ (I’m not that nerdy honestly) Triangle of Sadness was mad! Like a random mix of White Lotus style with some nauseating visuals of vomit and sewerage - but I was so gripped I couldn’t look away!

I got bored quickly with the list so went through the Palm D’or winners since the 1950’s. This has been much more enjoyable! Films I’d not heard off or vaguely heard of that played some significant role in the history of film.

I particularly enjoyed ‘The Conversation’ (1974) FF Coppola with Gene Hackman. Also caught up with Barton Fink, Marty and Sex, Lies and videotapes.

Anyway I came in here to share that I’d watched Navalny, the Oscar winning documentary from this year. It was excellent and the whole scenario is so corrupt and crazy. If you are interested in Russia or documentaries in general it is a must see.

Anyone recommend and other ‘lists’ I should look in to? I thought about looking in to certain Directors and watching their first, most successful and most recent releases.

Sorry for the boring long post 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.