Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Yeah he looked disappointed when she said they had been offered the house. I think he thought she was about to tell him they had a freebie (sorry PR Trip) holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I just find her so utterly cringe. She really does give me the rage.

Harping on about this as if it’s a done deal when the reason their offer was accepted is because it fell through with the previous buyers🙄🤯.

You can see from her husbands reaction he was immediately concerned about finances.
"The buyer's sale fell through" *cheering*

What a bunch of twats. If she believes in the law of attraction, does she also believe in karma?

• Heart
I stumbled across Lara's account recently as I'm also trying to get on the property ladder, but my God I've never seen such an unbearably smug person. Manifested that house, my arse!

I'm a bit baffled as to what her angle is, too. In her most recent vlog, she talks about needing to not spend anything due to the house costs. Literally in the same breath, she mentions going to Cornwall that week and wanting to buy new hair straighteners. Sounds about as frugal as spending a small fortune in Home Bargains!

Idntknow

Ive stopped watching her now, she knows fuck all about budgeting and she knows fuck all about minimalism.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
But essentially she knows very little about finance, she’s just tried to grasp onto what she sees as her little niche. Unfortunately most people know the basics she’s putting out - it’s hardly worthwhile info. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it’s pretty basic and immature really. It makes me cringe. I appreciate I’m not her target audience mind you.

Reactions: 13

Lht30

Chatty Member
So easy to save money and have a no buy year when you are #verykindlygifted clothes, holidays etc. The reality of hard graft and saving with no luxuries is really, really difficult (& miserable at times!)

Merywel

After today’s video, I’m like JUST GO FOR A SMALLER HOUSE MATE!!
I hate all this talk about the market isn’t “normal” etc. It is what it is, you get what you can and get on with your life! I live in a two
bed flat and we were grateful we could afford that 3yrs ago! Yes I’d like to have more space but at least we have a roof over our heads and a little space to call home.
I understand her frustration but I really can’t understand why they won’t accept their situation?

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Panic not people Lara has a mood board and manifested it being a good year for her so if we could all make her dream come true by voting for her in some influencer award shit as she really wants one.

• Haha

instasham13

Chatty Member
Didn't realise there was a thread for this woman. I followed her thinking she was actually someone living on a budget. Quickly realised that wasn't the case at all.

She is just a sell out now. Add after add and she loves herself ALOT.

Beakytoo

Chatty Member
Omg, the grabby, pathetic, waste of space is on the beg for a fucking sofa now!! Go on Google you twat and look like the rest of us. She really does make my blood boil.

• Angry
Looks like Lara might be a reader of Tattle as
on her latest video she added a disclaimer she’s NOT a financial advisor when advising on side hussles.
Shame she didn’t do that on her previous video where actually she gave financial advice!
It also seems that the enormity of the financial burden they’ve taken on is hitting home considering she mentioned the words ‘scary, consuming and frightening’. Yep. I’d also be cacking my pants if my husband was commission only and we’d taken on a 500k mortgage. Maybe Lara should consider getting an actual job!

• Haha

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
In her thank you stories for her noble peace prize, sorry some banking event award she thanks Stu for all he does for the family whilst she is working. She really is taking making a few videos regurgitating advise she gets off the net as a serious, full time job bless her.

She'll be carrying that award around on the school run and when she shopping in home bargains ffs. All her sit down videos will have the award on a shelf in the backdown from now on.

Expect she'll be throwing herself a little party celebrating the award with her friends and family this weekend. Do a little speech like when she announced they had brought a house.

• Haha
  • Heart
I think the penny may have dropped they’ve over stretched themselves financially considering things being ‘tight’ was mentioned several times in todays video.
Maybe time to ‘manifest’ an actual job that pays a regular income, rather than wafting round charity shops buying more toot to clutter the place up.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
An investment 😂 I have no idea why she thinks she is some sort of savvy money saving expert! She literally knows nothing about finances! I think I am quite bill/money savvy just by using common sense and I think I’m more knowledgable than her! She thinks she is some financial gura and it’s cringe! And actually, a bit worrying if people actually turn to her for advice 🙄😳

Interesting that over the weekend she’s posted a lot of AF links. Years of ‘oh you should only make meaningful purchases’ to ‘let me link 8 random pairs of pyjamas you might like’ :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow

allaboutthegossip

I really hope that no one takes financial advice from Lara Jarvis. It is so dangerous to take advice from someone who is not a professional.

Ellyjelly

VIP Member
Ive stopped watching her now, she knows fuck all about budgeting and she knows fuck all about minimalism.
She’s the opposite of a minimalist, shes a hoarder, buys cheap tat, talks bollocks about finances and so boring I’d rather watch paint dry. Has she actually shown her house yet?

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
I cringed for her on the call to Craig, the estate agent. Trying to be pally telling him they have been looking for 2 years and really want the house. You could tell by his response he really could not care less.

I can't believe her expectations as a first time buyer. She is looking at a 4 bed house, in a nice, village location, off-street parking, log burner, nicely decorated, 2 reception rooms, 3 if you count the open plan dining area and she still hesitated because she didn't think the garden was big enough.

I am still not convinced that Lara or her husband are serious about house buying.
I thought that was hilarious. It's not xfactor! A sob story isn't going to make up for 25k! And his whole "Paying an extra 12 or 13% is ridiculous", well no it's not. My neighbour's place was on the market last year at 325 and went for 385. My mum sold hers a few months back and it was listed at 130 and went for 170. That's totally not unusual, that much on a 450k house is really not unusual.

"We're in the best position." No love, the best position is the person with the most money. yeah, they might appreciate no chain, but money will win every time.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I find her choice of holiday to Finland with just her husband a strange one. Surely if you went away to somewhere so snowy, where you saw reindeer, went sledging and huskie riding you'd be constantly wishing you had the children with you.
If you wanted an adult only anniversary break I'd plan something either really romantic or something wild that you couldn't do with kids.