Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
She is just so, so grateful for the opportunity to go to her favourite place in the world, Harry Potter World (coz it is free) but remember you guys could get to go too if you ask for tickets as a birthday or Christmas treat. Patronising, condescending cow.

• Angry
Reactions: 16

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
I went and looked at a car at the weekend …..didn’t buy it as it wasn’t quite right. I only bloody saved myself £30k I’m so proud of myself …..🙄 Thick as mince that one. Here’s an idea …..get a bloody proper job then you’ll be really earning not fannying around garden centres having brunch with the other Wannabe’s. And also living in a council house paying a subsidised rent also helps. God help them when they have to pay a hefty mortgage…….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
When the announcement on YT of a hugely expensive holiday was imminent, I anticipated 2 weeks in the Maldives or somewhere equally exotic…but ONE week in Greece for 5-6k is obscene…especially when she’s always on the blag for free towels, mattresses and garden furniture 🤯. Better get plugging that Curve card again Lara, bills need paying.

• Heart
  • Angry

DozyDora

I think the ASOS haul she has uploaded today is all levels of wrong. Spending three hundred quid on clothes you don’t want and fully intend to return? Who actually does that! Wasteful, ridiculous. She’s the epitome of the throw away, showy, faddy Instagram culture that is the epicentre of the instamums. She is another one with no notable USP and just jumps on every bandwagon going. No spend year, anyone?! I’ve unsubscribed. Lara love, if you’re reading this - you need to up your game.

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
This woman is such a fraud. She isn’t in the slightest bit frugal or minimalist. Quite the opposite. She is just tight & a hoarder.

Latest video.
Not long ago she couldn’t afford new towels plus there was an attempt at a beg for a new mattress for one of her kids. However, she’s just spent at least £100 upwards on Vinted / charity shop/ boot fair clobber for herself. She’s actually a bit of a spendaholic considering she’s always banging on about being frugal.
Priorities Lara.

• Wow
There’s a playlist on her YouTube channel with 55 decluttering/minimalising videos…and yet her house looks like that! How has someone who has supposedly been on a no buy year for 2 (or 3?) years accumulated so much stuff while also claiming to be a minimalist/decluttering expert? Bizarre!

• Haha
  • Wow

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
she said in the home bargains haul that she is really worrried about money work is quiet and its a huge mortgage!
the cost of living rises by the day
she spent £90 in home bargains on "essentials" but to be honest nothing!

• Haha

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
Coming from a sub let council house to a mortgage with huge bills and upkeep ….trying to keep up with the other instahun who are quite frankly vapid and I’d avoid like the plague. Our Lara needs to get a wee job …..

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
She won because she begged people to vote for her. Just like she begged for garden furniture. Works a charm.

New thread title: Lara Joanna Jarvis # 2: I’m begging, begging you…

• Haha

clairelouise2

Her fridge, how she just stuffed everything in there, then decided to add some storage boxes as she’s seen a few organisation videos on YouTube but has no clue how to do it properly

Then just rammed everything back into the boxes so all she has done is added more stuff

She is a hoarder, she will just fill this new bigger house with all the things like the last one

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
I’ve paid off my mortgage….that’s because I started work at 16 did long hours and sometimes two jobs to afford a flat at 20 then obviously move up to different houses with the equity. Also I have nice towels and don’t have to beg for garden furniture or bloody mattresses….also I have savings and OH has a good well paid salaried job. I would be beside myself if my OH was commission based waged and I fanny around in social media for a living after buying a £500k plus money pit. You only need to look at the food bills escalating along with gas, electric, petrol …..I guess Mrs Jarvis best hop to a charity shop to find some chunky jumpers as heating that house will be spenny ….. it as long as you give the illusion 🙄

• Heart

andreaoid

Sarah, you savage! Lara will lose sleep over people thinking her £500k house is percieved as average and fairly achievable. Oh no... :LOL:

1647423833027.png

• Haha

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
I think it’s because her furniture from the sub let council doesn’t live up to the expectations of living in a £500k + house and there’s not enough of it. Worries me she’s paying for a holiday but begging for towels and mattresses for her children ….fucking priorities…..

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
How is this woman giving financial advice?

Spent loads on the most un-usable clothes (in that you'd need a very very specific and fancy event to wear them to) and gives rubbish advice in her passive side hustles video.

Developing an app doesn't sound very passive to me, in fact it sounds like a full time job. Love how she says she might launch one - pigs will fly before that happens.

Mentioned getting £1000 a year in dividends, but you'd need about a house deposit invested to make that!

Crypto as a passive side hustle? She didn't warn enough about the risks and made it sound like easy money, and surprise surprise that was because a crypto platform was sponsoring the video. The #ad really wasn't made clear - is there somewhere we can report her for this?

Don't even get me started on the Airbnb and vending machine - they're not side hustles and need loads of money to start as business ideas.

She never mentions any downsides or about liabilities and insurance with these ideas - clearly has no idea what she's on about!

The sad thing is someone will watch thar video and put all their money in crypto and could make a loss - she doesn't care as long as she gets that ad revenue for her next swanky holiday!

pandafeet_og

Just put myself through watching her vinted video, no idea why!! I've never seen anyone so unprepared for her own videos, and she calls that work?! "Mmm yeah, can't remember how much this was" "maybe one of you can remember how much I paid for this" wtf???? Zero effort, lazy, thrown together, nonsense!!!!

Jobagels

I still can't understand why she wants to stretch herself so far when she's spent so much time banging on about how house prices are inflated and will crash soon.

If she genuinely believes that, why on earth would she want to take out such a massive mortgage for a first home?

Her advice is useless, contradictory and just comes across as insincere. It's almost like she wants to tell her viewers something so she has less competition 🙄

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
Why is the reel she just posted a hack? She says it’s a time saver but I don’t get it. She boils the broccoli whole, then cuts it. As opposed to the alternative which would be cutting the broccoli then cooking it. I don’t see the time saving!
Money saver Lara hasn't worked out that the smaller you cut things the quicker they boil. Quite important really with a cost of living crisis where energy is unaffoardable! You will just use more gas/electric boiling or steaming a whole broccoli. Is she going to eat or reuse the stalk? If not she's just wasted energy cooking for the bin

Also what's her time worth - arguments like that are you vs your normal salary. Given her "job" gives her the luxury of being home, I would get chopping.

If it's so timesaving, clever and economical, why does sainsburys not just freeze whole broccolis and sell those?!!! really it boggles my mind what her logic settings are!

I’ve paid off my mortgage….that’s because I started work at 16 did long hours and sometimes two jobs to afford a flat at 20 then obviously move up to different houses with the equity. Also I have nice towels and don’t have to beg for garden furniture or bloody mattresses….also I have savings and OH has a good well paid salaried job. I would be beside myself if my OH was commission based waged and I fanny around in social media for a living after buying a £500k plus money pit. You only need to look at the food bills escalating along with gas, electric, petrol …..I guess Mrs Jarvis best hop to a charity shop to find some chunky jumpers as heating that house will be spenny ….. it as long as you give the illusion 🙄
WELL DONE YOU 👏 really we should all be listening to your tips - not he financial blogger of the year!

• Heart