Lana Del Rey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Lana’s music but can’t understand why she’s gone from being very quiet and private to constantly on social media clapping back. It’s a very sudden change after almost 10 years of being famous. Would also love to know why she cancelled her entire UK tour last year and never rescheduled it (this was before the pandemic).
Yeah I’m not sure why the change in her media behavior. However interview-wise she’s been saying the wrong things for years.

Regarding her tour, think someone above posted a link to a blind article saying poor sales.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I’m not sure why the change in her media behavior. However interview-wise she’s been saying the wrong things for years.

Regarding her tour, think someone above posted a link to a blind article saying poor sales.
Poor sales doesn’t sound right as she keeps it extremely minimal with tour dates - I know the tour before last she only did a total of 4 UK dates including Scotland. Lots of her British fans end up travelling to the nearest city to see her as a result.

Poor sales doesn’t sound right as she keeps it extremely minimal with tour dates - I know the tour before last she only did a total of 4 UK dates including Scotland. Lots of her British fans end up travelling to the nearest city to see her as a result.
Yes and when I last saw her she initially chose to do two shows at a more intimate venue but upgraded to the Hydro Arena for one night due to demand. That was 2013 though, around the time of Young and Beautfiful, almost a decade ago now would you believe...

I love Lana’s music but can’t understand why she’s gone from being very quiet and private to constantly on social media clapping back. It’s a very sudden change after almost 10 years of being famous. Would also love to know why she cancelled her entire UK tour last year and never rescheduled it (this was before the pandemic).
Her social media used to be fun before she was mega famous - see the account throwbacklana on Twitter if it still exists - but I agree, she's gone from having a professional, well-managed presence to total mess.

She's barely played any gigs in the UK for years. I took a really long journey to see her in Liverpool 2017 when she played there because I knew that was probably my only chance to see her after already waiting years for a venue I could handle (before that she mostly did festivals/standing only gigs which I can't cope with). So glad I did.

Reactions: 5
I love Lana's music, well Born To Die, Lust For Life and Norman bleeping Rockwell. I haven't listened to Honeymoon or Ultraviolence, are they good?
NFR is so so good and I listened to it a lot in 2020. I think her voice is beautiful. But personality-wise, she seems problematic. Didn't she grow up in a rich family? I think she is actually probably very right-wing - she gives off that vibe somehow.

Reactions: 1
Another talentless trust fund kid bankrolled by her parents.

Her lips have always looked ridiculous.

Her voice sounds like she's on Mogadon.

I think you can tell that I'm not a fan.

Reactions: 6
NFR & Born to die are masterpieces. I also love Ultraviolence, her new songs are sounding great as well. Those who say she has no talent clearly don’t listen to her music or lyrics.

I think her latest ‘misstep’ is all for press personally to sell the album.

I agree with some of her sentiments saying that she is treated differently because she talks about subjects a lot of people might not but she shouldn’t have purely mentioned women of colour, Chuck a few white names on and it wouldn’t have been such a problematic statement.

I do think she’s had one too many fillers in her face but she has gained a few quarantine pounds so I think that has filled her face out too making her look a bit puffy.

Reactions: 11
NFR & Born to die are masterpieces. I also love Ultraviolence, her new songs are sounding great as well. Those who say she has no talent clearly don’t listen to her music or lyrics.

I think her latest ‘misstep’ is all for press personally to sell the album.

I agree with some of her sentiments saying that she is treated differently because she talks about subjects a lot of people might not but she shouldn’t have purely mentioned women of colour, Chuck a few white names on and it wouldn’t have been such a problematic statement.

I do think she’s had one too many fillers in her face but she has gained a few quarantine pounds so I think that has filled her face out too making her look a bit puffy.
I agree, whether daddy threw money at her career or not, I’m glad she exists as an artist.

I genuinely think she mentioned the first women off the top of her head. If those are the names that spring to mind then it speaks for their relevance in the industry right now, also, Ariana is not black.

By Video Games she’d already had fillers and rhinoplasty. I don’t mind the blonde, but I really miss her auburn hair.

I saw her live at Latitude Festival in 2019. I was right at the front (had to secure my spot hours in advance) and I must say she was incredible live. It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. She definitely has a very loyal fanbase as there were lots of us (many who had travelled from different countries) waiting for hours and hours for Lana to come on stage. When she came down to sign autographs/take photos everyone was losing it. I also must say she is very pretty in real life. For some reason, I didn't think that she'd be so I was surprised. She was less than a metre away from me at one point and she genuinely looked beautiful.

Having said that, she is so problematic and I wish she'd minimise her social media usage because I am genuinely embarrassed at this point to say I am a fan of her music. I love her music and I always go back to it, not much really captures the imagery and specific emotion that her music envokes for me.

Reactions: 10
I totally agree I wish she would cut back on social media as it tarnishes her in my opinion.

I love her music, there is something about it, it’s hits so hard. In fact to me it’s escapism, I can’t help put an album on and pulls me right in until I get all the feels.

Reactions: 3
I love all of her albums. Don’t get me wrong, I’m under no illusion that she’s authentic or has full creative control but no one else makes music like this so she’s unique in that sense. The combination of her voice, the lyrics and the whole retro feeling around it just takes me places. I don’t really care what she posts on social media because most celebrities are morons anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love all of her albums. Don’t get me wrong, I’m under no illusion that she’s authentic or has full creative control but no one else makes music like this so she’s unique in that sense. The combination of her voice, the lyrics and the whole retro feeling around it just takes me places. I don’t really care what she posts on social media because most celebrities are morons anyway.
Precisely It makes me nostalgic for 1960-70’s America even though I was born in the 80’s in England! I listened to NFR constantly last year and I think it’s the only album I have ever bought where I don’t skip a song, it flows so perfectly and I love every song.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m gonna have to listen to this NFR album a few more times. The only standout for me has been California.

I’ve not idea what Honeymoon or Lust for Life are like as albums. She wasn’t really on my radar during those periods.

I loved the production of BTD so much so much. I think Emile Haynie is amazing.

I met her a few years ago at the back of the venue before her show.

There was a group who were religiously hanging around the back since the morning whereas I and some others convened inside the venue, outside the stage door.

I befriended a mum and daughter duo who were very passionate fans, think Lana follows her on Twitter, they’d been to some of her other shows.

Someone was testing the music and fans were convinced that Lana was already rehearsing, so this brought many running back into the venue, but she in fact hadn’t arrived yet.

After a while the mum told me to keep it to myself but that her daughter is around the back and Lana had arrived. I quietly went out and surely so, her, her father and boyfriend at the time were there and we spoke for a little bit.

The three of them couldn’t have been nicer and Lana did her upmost to meet everyone whilst her manager was pushing her to go into the venue. Her father told me she just loves you guys. Lana had a laugh as I told her I had nothing for her to sign than some magazine cover with Kim Kardashian on the front of it. However I gave her my concert ticket for signing.

We took two selfies together. Concert itself was wonderful too but I was definitely already hyped up from our encounter.

Not me but these are some recent off-duty photos with fans I saw online. She’s so relaxed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The thing I cant get past with LDR is that she seems really bleeping dumb.

The last album was brilliant but the fact that she's an idiot does tarnish the music for me. The Instagram caption and the Annie Mac interview last week were just more of what she's been showing us for years. She's a lot less liberal and a lot less clever than she wants us to think she is / than we want her to be.

I totally agree with whoever said it would be embarrassing to admit to being a fan now. How can you defend "My boyfriends have been rappers" / "Trump didn't know he was inciting a riot"?

This article sums it up pretty well:

• Haha
The thing I cant get past with LDR is that she seems really bleeping dumb.

The last album was brilliant but the fact that she's an idiot does tarnish the music for me. The Instagram caption and the Annie Mac interview last week were just more of what she's been showing us for years. She's a lot less liberal and a lot less clever than she wants us to think she is / than we want her to be.

I totally agree with whoever said it would be embarrassing to admit to being a fan now. How can you defend "My boyfriends have been rappers" / "Trump didn't know he was inciting a riot"?

This article sums it up pretty well:
Thanks for sharing the article. I think in her mind she wanted to state the obvious before people called her hypocritical, but it has backfired.

You shouldn’t need to come out with statements about the colour of people’s skin in your photos, having friends of different ethnicities or being inclusive, if you do, you look more like you’re using them to prove something.

Really, you should just live your life and if you have people of various ethnicities in your circle of friends, then you do, and if you don’t, you don’t.

Reactions: 6
I love her music, especially her first two albums

But she just baffles me as a person. Too much trying too hard for the shock value

She’s the only person in Hollywood who shagged Harvey Weinstein voluntarily, she never even got a film role out of it.
I conclude she must be crazy as duck.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
She’s the only person in Hollywood who shagged Harvey Weinstein voluntarily, she never even got a film role out of it.
I conclude she must be crazy as duck.
When speaking about her song “F**ked My Way Up To The Top” she said "You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry, but none of them helped me get my record deals. Which is annoying."

• Haha
Lana del Rey had affairs with Mark Zuckerberg and Matt Bellamy? I never read about this before... can that be true?

I also find it hard to believe that Kate Hudson and Zuckerberg's wife would be ok with their men having affairs... both seem to be really strong women.

Lana del Rey had affairs with Mark Zuckerberg and Matt Bellamy? I never read about this before... can that be true?

I also find it hard to believe that Kate Hudson and Zuckerberg's wife would be ok with their men having affairs... both seem to be really strong women.
I can’t see anything online. Where did you read that?

Reactions: 1