Lana Del Rey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like a few songs but I think she needs to be quiet and let the music do the talking. That whole post she did about other female artists (mostly black women) being able to reach the top of the charts with sexually charged songs while she gets backlash for it was a load of tone deaf crap when black women are attacked for existing. Every female artist who sings about sex gets a load of backlash so idk why she thinks she's the only one. Maybe if she upped the quality of the music, she'd top the charts.
She mentioned the most successful women in the music industry. The fact that they were black was nothing to do with it and this is why she moans about being taken out of context.

She wrote a song about Harvey Weinstein,before all the allegations came out.She basically confessed that they had a consensual sexual affair.Went right off her after that.
Had no idea about this! Need to get my Google investigation on now

Reactions: 1
She mentioned the most successful women in the music industry. The fact that they were black was nothing to do with it and this is why she moans about being taken out of context.
She also mentioned Kehlani and Doja Cat; if she was listing "the most successful women in the music industry" then why not Taylor Swift / Dua Lipa / Lady Gaga? The context was that they had released songs about being sexy/wearing no clothes, why list six WOC?

She implied that they weren't "delicate" like her, which is covert racism. It was also ridiculous and tone deaf of her to suggest that the WOC she mentioned somehow have the artistic freedom and success (Kehlani is barely top 40) that she doesn't have - as if WOC in the music industry don't face more criticism than her every day?!

Always hilarious when artists claim to be taken out of context when they're being criticised for a statement they posted completely unedited on their own social media 😂

Reactions: 7
She also mentioned Kehlani and Doja Cat; if she was listing "the most successful women in the music industry" then why not Taylor Swift / Dua Lipa / Lady Gaga? The context was that they had released songs about being sexy/wearing no clothes, why list six WOC?

She implied that they weren't "delicate" like her, which is covert racism. It was also ridiculous and tone deaf of her to suggest that the WOC she mentioned somehow have the artistic freedom and success (Kehlani is barely top 40) that she doesn't have - as if WOC in the music industry don't face more criticism than her every day?!

Always hilarious when artists claim to be taken out of context when they're being criticised for a statement they posted completely unedited on their own social media 😂
Because Taylor swift has never sang about having sex with her partner in the back of a drivers car like Beyonce. Or said suck my balls. Yet she's one of the most adored signers. And lady gaga has never sang about her wet ass pu$$y...
She used those women, who happened to be woc cause they are the most popular rn and sing about things that people condemn lana for. She's always looked at as being too promiscuous. If she only mentioned white women in her statement people would be pissed off that she's eluding only white singers are chart toppers. Plus she did mention whites too. But that's overlooked.

Reactions: 9
Because Taylor swift has never sang about having sex with her partner in the back of a drivers car like Beyonce.
TS has a bunch of songs about sex including one that's literally called *Illicit Affairs*
And lady gaga has never sang about her wet ass pu$$y...
She has a song called Sexxx Dreams that's all about masturbating.

Lana said the women she mentioned had "songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, bleeping, cheating, etc". If you think that those WOC do, and those white women don't, then I have questions. Most of those WOC don't have overtly sexual personas (I don't find Beyonce singing about "having sex with her partner" in a car as scandalous as you). Qwhite interesting that she chose them regardless.

She used those women, who happened to be woc cause they are the most popular rn and sing about things that people condemn lana for. She's always looked at as being too promiscuous.
She glamorised domestic abuse with Ultraviolence and THAT is what people were criticising her for. Which I don't believe any of the women she mentioned have done (afaik). If you think she gets more criticism for being promiscuous than Black women, I don't know what to tell you. She was taking the valid criticism people had and twisting it into an excuse to be the victim and attack WOC.

Again, if she was going for "the most popular rn" (she wasn't), then why mention Kehlani / Camilla Cabello / Doja Cat over any of the more popular white artists?

If she only mentioned white women in her statement people would be pissed off that she's eluding only white singers are chart toppers.
That's pure whataboutery and wouldn't happen. Long and short of it is, she didn't have to mention anyone by name at all. But she did, and the list was very bleeping conspicuous.
Plus she did mention whites too. But that's overlooked.
Actually just ONE white person. Alongside six WOC.

Reactions: 4
Lana is completely deluded if she thinks shes the most attacked white woman in the music industry. The only things I've seen her criticised for are her lacklustre live vocals and her romanticisation of abusive relationships to a partially young and impressionable audience. She is completely wrong regardless. The women she listed certainly do get attacked for releasing sexually fuelled music. However, it is catchy and radio friendly (when censored). Her music isn't entirely suitable for mainstream radio which is why she may feel singled out when she hears these songs on the radio and not hers. Radio play is very much centered around which record labels paying obscene amounts of money for their artists to be overexposed on the radio and on top hits playlists anyway. My point is that the women that Lana listed are heavily criticised for their music, moreso than Lana herself, with the addition of being called racist slurs on a daily basis. Black women are so often stripped of their femininity, with racists calling them men and making animalistic comparisons, hence why a lot of WOC may feel liberated when singing/rapping about sex or their bodies. There is definitely some form of internalised racism or prejudice in Lana's statement. As someone previously mentioned, there are a lot of white women who make blatant sexual references in their hit songs and you clearly haven't listened to their hits in detail if you think otherwise (Gaga's 'I want to take a ride on your disco stick' springs to mind as a very obvious sexually charged lyric). Lana sees white women as inherently fragile and delicate so these obvious sexual references flew over her head. Black women are expected to perform at a level of perfection at all times. Nicki Minaj outraps most men in the industry yet isn't respected by men because she is a woman of colour and isn't always at the top of her game in terms of some of her feature verses. Men rap about drugs, violence, cheating on women, performing barely consensual sexual acts on women etc and receive nowhere near as much criticism as these women who sing about THEIR OWN bodies. Beyonce can release one annoying song and suddenly she's overrated despite objectively being one of the best performers in history. These women don't need another high profile white person (wrongly) criticising them on top of all the pressures they already face in the music industry and online.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
every abum by her is a masterpiece. even lfl which i think a lot say is her worst album, is still great

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t see anything online. Where did you read that?
When Mark Zuckerberg called her out she will have seen the dollar signs that the multi billionaire has....

As for Bellamy the Daily Mail hint at it with 'sweet music' and then drawing attention to them splitting when spotted.....

Reactions: 3
When Mark Zuckerberg called her out she will have seen the dollar signs that the multi billionaire has....

As for Bellamy the Daily Mail hint at it with 'sweet music' and then drawing attention to them splitting when spotted.....

Thanks a lot for that. I didn’t realize she was so fancy-free if I can call it that.

I actually read an old interview with her small-time Scottish rocker boyfriend at the time, who laughed of rumors about her and Axl Rose and he jokingly said he shares her, but given the things that have surfaced in this thread - who knows...

Reactions: 2
And when will Marilyn Manson be exposed as the violent abusive sadist he truly is? He must be incredibly connected or know similar men in Hollywood to be so protected. He hides behind the first amendment and knows all the right people. I think he has blackmail material....notice that Rose McGowan says nothing about him. Not such a staunch defender of women after all.

And when will Marilyn Manson be exposed as the violent abusive sadist he truly is? He must be incredibly connected or know similar men in Hollywood to be so protected. He hides behind the first amendment and knows all the right people. I think he has blackmail material....notice that Rose McGowan says nothing about him. Not such a staunch defender of women after all.
Hasn’t he already been exposed as that? I don’t know anyone who is under the impression that Manson is a sweet, innocent angel. He’s a creep and that’s always been very obvious.

The thing I cant get past with LDR is that she seems really bleeping dumb.
I totally agree with whoever said it would be embarrassing to admit to being a fan now. How can you defend "My boyfriends have been rappers" / "Trump didn't know he was inciting a riot"?
Is ‘my boyfriends have been rappers’ the new ‘I can’t be racist, some of my best friends are black people’ ffs 🤦🏾‍♀️ 😂 I like her music but sometimes I just wish she’d be quiet!

Reactions: 2
I'm not a poster on here at all, much more an avid reader but I see so many people (mainly on twitter) convinced her and her family are right wing because they come from money and I don't see it at all. Her father's Instagram is massively outspoken on how awful Trump is and his posts are very pro-Biden and BLM and her sister has been in a relationship with a woman afaik?

I'm not a poster on here at all, much more an avid reader but I see so many people (mainly on twitter) convinced her and her family are right wing because they come from money and I don't see it at all. Her father's Instagram is massively outspoken on how awful Trump is and his posts are very pro-Biden and BLM and her sister has been in a relationship with a woman afaik?
I have no idea, but her family could be all those things and still be right wing. There are plenty of right wing people who are anti-Trump, plenty of right wing gay people, and Biden is politically centre-right.

Hasn’t he already been exposed as that? I don’t know anyone who is under the impression that Manson is a sweet, innocent angel. He’s a creep and that’s always been very obvious.

Is ‘my boyfriends have been rappers’ the new ‘I can’t be racist, some of my best friends are black people’ ffs 🤦🏾‍♀️ 😂 I like her music but sometimes I just wish she’d be quiet!
No one is under the impression he has ever been sweet or innocent but he hid behind a deliberately manufactured caricature to partake in horrific acts of sexual violence. I would like him to be arrested but I feel that will not happen

A celebrity who I'm unfamiliar with has just exposed Manson in an instagram post. He sounds like a monster and I hope none of his victims feel like they were at fault. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with it because of who he is.

I didn’t realize the man on the NFR album sleeve is Jack Nicholson’s grandson Duke Nicholson.

I thought it was a cut and paste job from some random 1940’s photo of a sailor or such. He really looks of that time.
Interesting. I believe I read a Lana Del Rey interview once about the NFR album cover saying that it was Jack Antoff off who was pictured with her. Jack Antoff also produced Norman Fuckin’ Rockwell. However after doing a basic Google search I see that that is wrong information. Thank you for sharing this. Small world Hollywood is for sure

A celebrity who I'm unfamiliar with has just exposed Manson in an instagram post. He sounds like a monster and I hope none of his victims feel like they were at fault. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with it because of who he is.
Evan Rachel Wood - I remember her from the film Thirteen and she was in The Wrestler, but I mostly remember her for being in a relationship with him which always seemed creepy (she was 18 and he was mid-late thirties). She has alluded to him being her abuser for a long time but has now named him. Four other women have come forward today as well. I hope legally/criminally they can pin something on him and get some justice.

Evan Rachel Wood - I remember her from the film Thirteen and she was in The Wrestler, but I mostly remember her for being in a relationship with him which always seemed creepy (she was 18 and he was mid-late thirties). She has alluded to him being her abuser for a long time but has now named him. Four other women have come forward today as well. I hope legally/criminally they can pin something on him and get some justice.
I'm so bad with actors haha, musicians and random celebs who are famous for nothing are more my thing. I know justice will never be served for these women but I hope they strip him of everything he has and also receive therapy for their trauma.