Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chateau Marmont

I wonder about that awful video she shot where she depicted a terrifying rape. Nobody was willing to own up to making the video. I think at the time it was linked to Marilyn Manson? It was bizarre.

I agree that she's not as liberal as she wants people to think, as she doth protests too much when anyone confronts her over her dodgy quotes. I don't for one minute believe she "came from nothing" like she recently claimed either. It's been said for years that her father bought her career.

I actually haven’t listened to Norman f**king Rockwell, is it any good?
Personally, I love it. The best songs, for me, are Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing..., Next Best American Record and the title track.

My favourite album will always be Born to Die. That was a one in a million quality record that she'll never match.

Reactions: 19

LaraQ

VIP Member
She wrote a song about Harvey Weinstein,before all the allegations came out.She basically confessed that they had a consensual sexual affair.Went right off her after that.

• Wow
Reactions: 15

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I like a few songs but I think she needs to be quiet and let the music do the talking. That whole post she did about other female artists (mostly black women) being able to reach the top of the charts with sexually charged songs while she gets backlash for it was a load of tone deaf crap when black women are attacked for existing. Every female artist who sings about sex gets a load of backlash so idk why she thinks she's the only one. Maybe if she upped the quality of the music, she'd top the charts.

Reactions: 12

Influenzapandemic

NFR & Born to die are masterpieces. I also love Ultraviolence, her new songs are sounding great as well. Those who say she has no talent clearly don’t listen to her music or lyrics.

I think her latest ‘misstep’ is all for press personally to sell the album.

I agree with some of her sentiments saying that she is treated differently because she talks about subjects a lot of people might not but she shouldn’t have purely mentioned women of colour, Chuck a few white names on and it wouldn’t have been such a problematic statement.

I do think she’s had one too many fillers in her face but she has gained a few quarantine pounds so I think that has filled her face out too making her look a bit puffy.

Reactions: 11

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Lana is completely deluded if she thinks shes the most attacked white woman in the music industry. The only things I've seen her criticised for are her lacklustre live vocals and her romanticisation of abusive relationships to a partially young and impressionable audience. She is completely wrong regardless. The women she listed certainly do get attacked for releasing sexually fuelled music. However, it is catchy and radio friendly (when censored). Her music isn't entirely suitable for mainstream radio which is why she may feel singled out when she hears these songs on the radio and not hers. Radio play is very much centered around which record labels paying obscene amounts of money for their artists to be overexposed on the radio and on top hits playlists anyway. My point is that the women that Lana listed are heavily criticised for their music, moreso than Lana herself, with the addition of being called racist slurs on a daily basis. Black women are so often stripped of their femininity, with racists calling them men and making animalistic comparisons, hence why a lot of WOC may feel liberated when singing/rapping about sex or their bodies. There is definitely some form of internalised racism or prejudice in Lana's statement. As someone previously mentioned, there are a lot of white women who make blatant sexual references in their hit songs and you clearly haven't listened to their hits in detail if you think otherwise (Gaga's 'I want to take a ride on your disco stick' springs to mind as a very obvious sexually charged lyric). Lana sees white women as inherently fragile and delicate so these obvious sexual references flew over her head. Black women are expected to perform at a level of perfection at all times. Nicki Minaj outraps most men in the industry yet isn't respected by men because she is a woman of colour and isn't always at the top of her game in terms of some of her feature verses. Men rap about drugs, violence, cheating on women, performing barely consensual sexual acts on women etc and receive nowhere near as much criticism as these women who sing about THEIR OWN bodies. Beyonce can release one annoying song and suddenly she's overrated despite objectively being one of the best performers in history. These women don't need another high profile white person (wrongly) criticising them on top of all the pressures they already face in the music industry and online.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw her live at Latitude Festival in 2019. I was right at the front (had to secure my spot hours in advance) and I must say she was incredible live. It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. She definitely has a very loyal fanbase as there were lots of us (many who had travelled from different countries) waiting for hours and hours for Lana to come on stage. When she came down to sign autographs/take photos everyone was losing it. I also must say she is very pretty in real life. For some reason, I didn't think that she'd be so I was surprised. She was less than a metre away from me at one point and she genuinely looked beautiful.

Having said that, she is so problematic and I wish she'd minimise her social media usage because I am genuinely embarrassed at this point to say I am a fan of her music. I love her music and I always go back to it, not much really captures the imagery and specific emotion that her music envokes for me.

Reactions: 10

Cotedazur

I love Lana’s music but can’t understand why she’s gone from being very quiet and private to constantly on social media clapping back. It’s a very sudden change after almost 10 years of being famous. Would also love to know why she cancelled her entire UK tour last year and never rescheduled it (this was before the pandemic).

Reactions: 9

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I wonder about that awful video she shot where she depicted a terrifying rape. Nobody was willing to own up to making the video. I think at the time it was linked to Marilyn Manson? It was bizarre.

I agree that she's not as liberal as she wants people to think, as she doth protests too much when anyone confronts her over her dodgy quotes. I don't for one minute believe she "came from nothing" like she recently claimed either. It's been said for years that her father bought her career.

Personally, I love it. The best songs, for me, are Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing..., Next Best American Record and the title track.

My favourite album will always be Born to Die. That was a one in a million quality record that she'll never match.
I was just gonna say that I remember reading that she’d had anal sex with Marilyn Manson....it’s all I think about when I see her.

• Wow
  • Sick

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
She’s the only person in Hollywood who shagged Harvey Weinstein voluntarily, she never even got a film role out of it.
I conclude she must be crazy as fuck.

• Sick

snowybam

She also mentioned Kehlani and Doja Cat; if she was listing "the most successful women in the music industry" then why not Taylor Swift / Dua Lipa / Lady Gaga? The context was that they had released songs about being sexy/wearing no clothes, why list six WOC?

She implied that they weren't "delicate" like her, which is covert racism. It was also ridiculous and tone deaf of her to suggest that the WOC she mentioned somehow have the artistic freedom and success (Kehlani is barely top 40) that she doesn't have - as if WOC in the music industry don't face more criticism than her every day?!

Always hilarious when artists claim to be taken out of context when they're being criticised for a statement they posted completely unedited on their own social media 😂
Because Taylor swift has never sang about having sex with her partner in the back of a drivers car like Beyonce. Or said suck my balls. Yet she's one of the most adored signers. And lady gaga has never sang about her wet ass pu$$y...
She used those women, who happened to be woc cause they are the most popular rn and sing about things that people condemn lana for. She's always looked at as being too promiscuous. If she only mentioned white women in her statement people would be pissed off that she's eluding only white singers are chart toppers. Plus she did mention whites too. But that's overlooked.

She's back

When she was 27 (2012) she was dating a fifty year old she grew up loving.....

She was fairly pretty when she first came on the scene but I haven't been a fan of her drab dull sound. She's always great for gossip though I will give her that. Seems she's had/got a lot of demons with drink and drugs.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/blind-items-revealed-2_4.html (history with Weinstein)

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/10/blind-items-revealed-5_6.html (more Weinstein)

Thankyou for all the links, wow!

I think shes very right wing and obsessed with shock value so gets herself into weird sexual relationships and stupid situations to fuel her ego (she likes to think she's mega edgy so she plays to that) imo.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

cholulamare

Chatty Member
She mentioned the most successful women in the music industry. The fact that they were black was nothing to do with it and this is why she moans about being taken out of context.
She also mentioned Kehlani and Doja Cat; if she was listing "the most successful women in the music industry" then why not Taylor Swift / Dua Lipa / Lady Gaga? The context was that they had released songs about being sexy/wearing no clothes, why list six WOC?

She implied that they weren't "delicate" like her, which is covert racism. It was also ridiculous and tone deaf of her to suggest that the WOC she mentioned somehow have the artistic freedom and success (Kehlani is barely top 40) that she doesn't have - as if WOC in the music industry don't face more criticism than her every day?!

Always hilarious when artists claim to be taken out of context when they're being criticised for a statement they posted completely unedited on their own social media 😂

Reactions: 7

Influenzapandemic

I love all of her albums. Don’t get me wrong, I’m under no illusion that she’s authentic or has full creative control but no one else makes music like this so she’s unique in that sense. The combination of her voice, the lyrics and the whole retro feeling around it just takes me places. I don’t really care what she posts on social media because most celebrities are morons anyway.
Precisely It makes me nostalgic for 1960-70’s America even though I was born in the 80’s in England! I listened to NFR constantly last year and I think it’s the only album I have ever bought where I don’t skip a song, it flows so perfectly and I love every song.

• Heart

Chateau Marmont

What do people think of her? She's in trouble yet again for yet more quotes "taken out of context", which seems to happen whenever she opens her mouth. Is it the social media pile on culture being stupid or is the taken out of context line an excuse for saying the wrong thing?

I love her music but she does seem messy to me. I also feel very sad about how much she has ruined her face with surgery...she doesn't even look like herself anymore and she was so naturally gorgeous.

Skinnylike

every abum by her is a masterpiece. even lfl which i think a lot say is her worst album, is still great

• Heart

LinaLamont

I love all of her albums. Don’t get me wrong, I’m under no illusion that she’s authentic or has full creative control but no one else makes music like this so she’s unique in that sense. The combination of her voice, the lyrics and the whole retro feeling around it just takes me places. I don’t really care what she posts on social media because most celebrities are morons anyway.

• Heart

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The thing I cant get past with LDR is that she seems really fucking dumb.

The last album was brilliant but the fact that she's an idiot does tarnish the music for me. The Instagram caption and the Annie Mac interview last week were just more of what she's been showing us for years. She's a lot less liberal and a lot less clever than she wants us to think she is / than we want her to be.

I totally agree with whoever said it would be embarrassing to admit to being a fan now. How can you defend "My boyfriends have been rappers" / "Trump didn't know he was inciting a riot"?

This article sums it up pretty well:
Thanks for sharing the article. I think in her mind she wanted to state the obvious before people called her hypocritical, but it has backfired.

You shouldn’t need to come out with statements about the colour of people’s skin in your photos, having friends of different ethnicities or being inclusive, if you do, you look more like you’re using them to prove something.

Really, you should just live your life and if you have people of various ethnicities in your circle of friends, then you do, and if you don’t, you don’t.

Reactions: 6

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
When she was 27 (2012) she was dating a fifty year old she grew up loving.....

She was fairly pretty when she first came on the scene but I haven't been a fan of her drab dull sound. She's always great for gossip though I will give her that. Seems she's had/got a lot of demons with drink and drugs.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/blind-items-revealed-2_4.html (history with Weinstein)

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/10/blind-items-revealed-5_6.html (more Weinstein)

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
Another talentless trust fund kid bankrolled by her parents.

Her lips have always looked ridiculous.

Her voice sounds like she's on Mogadon.

I think you can tell that I'm not a fan.