LadBaby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Christmas no1 used to be a Christmas highlight, along with Christmas TOTP (I'm old). I must have been living under a rock, as I don't know of these two but my goodness aren't they just 😱😳😱.

I'm Thankful for the help/support to a charity, but only if its completely clear how much goes to the charity. This "100%"profits, to a great deal of people this would read as everything going to the charity - reading here that's not the case then 😔😢

Can I ask - what do they do for a job? Are they Instagrammers/YT...

If they are earning very well from this, they are not as dippy as they look/sound.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm Thankful for the help/support to a charity, but only if its completely clear how much goes to the charity. This "100%"profits, to a great deal of people this would read as everything going to the charity - reading here that's not the case then 😔😢
100% of profits doesn't mean 100% goes to the charity unfortunately... especially not for money hungry people like these two. For example, if I sold a product for £30, and it cost £5 per product to make, I could claim my services (time and effort) cost £24 per product, therefore the "profits" are technically only £1. You as the consumer would put in £30 thinking you're giving £30 to charity, but really you're giving me £29

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Can I ask - what do they do for a job? Are they Instagrammers/YT...

If they are earning very well from this, they are not as dippy as they look/sound.
[
[/QUOTE

He did used to work. Rox gave up work when she had the boys.

Reactions: 2
They have been doing YouTube sketches for a while now; remember watching one back in 2016.

Seriously all they care about is making history getting to number 1 again. Its vulgar

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So they bang on about feeding the poor and raising money, yet all they really have done is bang on about being number 1. So Mark and your gobby wife Roxy which is it? Raising money for food for poverty or feeding your already repulsive narcissistic heads with wanting history with being number 1. And your telling me you have not made a penny from it... come on you wouldn't do it for free. Roxy you crying in a park was publicity . First year great but now I await next year and the year after you won't be able to stop yourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So they bang on about feeding the poor and raising money, yet all they really have done is bang on about being number 1. So Mark and your gobby wife Roxy which is it? Raising money for food for poverty or feeding your already repulsive narcissistic heads with wanting history with being number 1. And your telling me you have not made a penny from it... come on you wouldn't do it for free. Roxy you crying in a park was publicity . First year great but now I await next year and the year after you won't be able to stop yourselves.
They may not have taken a wage from the single but trust me they have made loads of money off it and will continue to do so.

Reactions: 14
They may not have taken a wage from the single but trust me they have made loads of money off it and will continue to do so.
Exactly this. They have completely raised their profile meaning more followers, views, ad revenue and will be able to command bigger fees for brand deals and sponsorships. They can play the dumb giddy couple but they know what they are doing

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can’t stand them or the people who don’t see that their version of charity begins (and pretty much ends) at home.

The charts are irrelevant but it would’ve been uplifting for everyone for a classic to get to #1. I hate everything being politicised, especially when you have shysters getting rich off the charity gimmick.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
100% of profits doesn't mean 100% goes to the charity unfortunately... especially not for money hungry people like these two. For example, if I sold a product for £30, and it cost £5 per product to make, I could claim my services (time and effort) cost £24 per product, therefore the "profits" are technically only £1. You as the consumer would put in £30 thinking you're giving £30 to charity, but really you're giving me £29
Thank you for this Redfloss 👍

Well, bloody hell they are right on the nose with this malarky. I won't be watching them - now I know this, they are a pair of shits. All about the money - just another pair of gits making money from old rope ☹

Reactions: 4
I’m sick of seeing his gormless face and her dancing in the background! Just duck off

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
My sister works for an care home for children with complex disabilities who made a song to try and reach christmas number one and raise funds to support the long term care needs for that home. They messaged ladbaby on facebook and twitter to see if he would help give them a shout out to increase the funds and were ignored, and as above said fair enough aiming for number one drives publicity and money for the cause mostly, but they are so fixated on their own popularity and ego. They could've easily done a charity live feed or something different or interviewed people they have genuinely helped to improve fundraising potential. But no they will only do if it means they get something out of it, they are selfish, not selfless. Josh peters the youtuber said a few years ago they were signed to his management to help improve their channel and likeability and it seems everything is just planned and for publicity.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm just glad Kunt is becoming more well known off the back of this campaign, and Mark and Rox's tantrum / tears.

I've been a fan of Kunt for many years when he was solo and lost count of how many times I've seen him live. I saw The Kunts at the start of this month, which is basically him and his punk band doing his songs in a louder fashion!

I've met him a few times at gigs and he's honestly such a down to earth bloke, really friendly, no airs and graces, genuinely very funny and the promoter at my local venue said Kunt is an absolute dream to work with / book, no demands, no diva behaviour, doesn't want a duck off big rider etc. And yes I know he's fairly underground, but he has a very loyal following and he always sells out when playing here.

I played my late mum a couple of his tracks, she thought they were "so naughty, but hilarious", so next time I saw him play I bought a CD for my mum and asked him to sign it for her. He drew a "spaffing cock" (his words) on it with his message and autograph, my mum was so made up she insisted coming to his next gig and cried laughing, adding that it was a "good job she was wearing a Tena Lady!" 🤣

I must admit, he can be pretty close to the knuckle in his material, but I'm not easily shocked, but I did misjudge the crowd the other week and played a couple of his songs to my mate's mates, who were shocked and said to turn it off. 🙈

I unfollowed them both, couldn’t stand it any more 😬
Same. They were quite amusing back in the day. But gotten two big for their boots, they are insincere, grabby egomaniacs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My sister works for an care home for children with complex disabilities who made a song to try and reach christmas number one and raise funds to support the long term care needs for that home. They messaged ladbaby on facebook and twitter to see if he would help give them a shout out to increase the funds and were ignored
Hope a real Christmas song is number one next year. These two don't deserve it. They're hiding behind the word charity to benefit themselves

Remember the year Justin Bieber was going for a UK Christmas number one and was up against an NHS charity single, and he actually asked his fans to buy the NHS single and get that to number one instead? Despite what people think of him, I think that was a really nice thing to do. Ladbaby would never do that. They're only looking out for themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 25
We (my 9 year old son, on the spectrum and everything is incredibly black or white with him)re sat flicking through Christmas songs on YouTube on Christmas Eve and band aid came on. He asked what it was, well he actually thought it was one massive pop group, and I explained how they were all famous people when I was little and they sang a song together to raise money for those in need. Then a few interviews came up so I let them run thinking he’d twig better. And he said “so basically it’s rich people telling poor people to give money to poorer people to look good?”
Umm
Im not disputing that a lot of awareness has come from “celebrities” promoting charities such as the trust, but it does seem like a lot of virtue signalling these days.
I immediately thought of this thread. Now im

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Charity singles are good for raising awareness and getting everyone to band together. I have a lot of respect for celebrities who do stuff like this and will actively support/donate to the charity as well.

Then you have the people who don't give a tit about the charity and just want the money. This guy and his greedy wife don't seem genuine. Its disgusting to take advantage of people and throw the word charity around to try convince people to buy a song just to boost your ego. If they had any talent they'd write their own song instead of sticking the words sausage rolls into other people's songs. Pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm just glad Kunt is becoming more well known off the back of this campaign, and Mark and Rox's tantrum / tears.

I've been a fan of Kunt for many years when he was solo and lost count of how many times I've seen him live. I saw The Kunts at the start of this month, which is basically him and his punk band doing his songs in a louder fashion!

I've met him a few times at gigs and he's honestly such a down to earth bloke, really friendly, no airs and graces, genuinely very funny and the promoter at my local venue said Kunt is an absolute dream to work with / book, no demands, no diva behaviour, doesn't want a duck off big rider etc. And yes I know he's fairly underground, but he has a very loyal following and he always sells out when playing here.

I played my late mum a couple of his tracks, she thought they were "so naughty, but hilarious", so next time I saw him play I bought a CD for my mum and asked him to sign it for her. He drew a "spaffing cock" (his words) on it with his message and autograph, my mum was so made up she insisted coming to his next gig and cried laughing, adding that it was a "good job she was wearing a Tena Lady!" 🤣

I must admit, he can be pretty close to the knuckle in his material, but I'm not easily shocked, but I did misjudge the crowd the other week and played a couple of his songs to my mate's mates, who were shocked and said to turn it off. 🙈

Same. They were quite amusing back in the day. But gotten two big for their boots, they are insincere, grabby egomaniacs.
I've met him too and seen the band in concert and they were great , very funny the Jimmy Saville song is so funny I played it about twenty times in a row the first time I heard it .

And yes he's proper down to earth and a lovely guy

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.