LadBaby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They seem to have run out of ideas and just try too hard to be funny. All they post is one quickly shot amateur video a couple of times a month then beg for people to give them £3.49 every month to watch their livestreams. They seem to have such an easily life compared to vloggers with a fraction of the "work". Anyone else not finding them funny?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I love ladbaby. The points you've made are what makes them unique. Their videos aren't professional quality and I find it charming that they are literally shot on their smart phone. They have proper day jobs (he's a graphic designer)and don't vlogg every day. Their kids aren't shoved in front of the camera and made to perform and it's all about fun. They upload every Sunday. They're the opposite of what everyone moans about with regards to other youtubers.

Reactions: 61
I agree to a point, but if they get millions of views each month, sell a tit load of merch, do lots of brand deals, and have jobs why do they need to keep asking people to pay 3.49£ every month for their livestreams and to to support them- where they presumably do feature the kids (as they are there in the previews)?

It's like pewdiepie asking for payed subs every month.

I do think they've had a few funny viral clips, and now just try too hard and are rarely funny as way too forced.

Reactions: 24
They seem to be quickly losing any originality they had and their desperation is showing through in the last few vlogs.
He’ll soon be packing in his job for a full-time money grabbing YouTube “career”

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I 100% respect your views. I've only started watching them these last couple of months so my opinion might change one day.

Reactions: 2
I love ladbaby. The points you've made are what makes them unique. Their videos aren't professional quality and I find it charming that they are literally shot on their smart phone. They have proper day jobs (he's a graphic designer)and don't vlogg every day. Their kids aren't shoved in front of the camera and made to perform and it's all about fun. They upload every Sunday. They're the opposite of what everyone moans about with regards to other youtubers.
I completely agree with you, I love both ladbaby and his wife, they're hilarious. I look forward to there video every Sunday!

Reactions: 6
I 100% respect your views. I've only started watching them these last couple of months so my opinion might change one day.
My points were more on them being just as hungry for money and unlike the others charging people for live streams.

I do wonder if he has a full time job, they are raking it in espically now as they have ads running on their Facebook videos. Goes against their brand but think he's jacked it in or just does bits and pieces.

Just unnesisarry to be asking for money when their content is so easy to make, but money does corrupt all.

Reactions: 4
He's definitely given up work but keeping it quiet.

Book deal, two adverts on national tv, merch, adverts on facebook and youtube that get millions of views a week, facebook live streams that cost £3.50 a month. They are amongst the highest earning social media people in Europe at the moment!

Reactions: 13
They are getting quite a bit of backlash for being money hungry now. They have their ebay and birds eye adverts on tv/radio $$$ pushing a book $$$ and now the 12.99 lunchbox. They are saying its the cheapest it can be sold for as food safe, but I think they just didn't get a good supplier.

Also people are annoyed at the constant requests to "become a facebook supporter" for 3.49 a month to watch their live streams. Their response back is that its offered at cost and its a full time job.

1, how can it be offered at cost if the price is the same regardless of if they have 10 or 10'000 people paying it?

2, how is it a full time job? That's just insulting, going live and talking about random tit takes some time to prepare but no it isn't a full time job. Just click the go live button on their phone, it's not like they have a pro set up or anything.

People are waking up to how money grabbing they are.
43069883_1756383491156490_4144414716451618816_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They are getting quite a bit of backlash for being money hungry now. They have their ebay and birds eye adverts on tv/radio $$$ pushing a book $$$ and now the 12.99 lunchbox. They are saying its the cheapest it can be sold for as food safe, but I think they just didn't get a good supplier.

Also people are annoyed at the constant requests to "become a facebook supporter" for 3.49 a month to watch their live streams. Their response back is that its offered at cost and its a full time job.

1, how can it be offered at cost if the price is the same regardless of if they have 10 or 10'000 people paying it?

2, how is it a full time job? That's just insulting, going live and talking about random tit takes some time to prepare but no it isn't a full time job. Just click the go live button on their phone, it's not like they have a pro set up or anything.

People are waking up to how money grabbing they are.
View attachment 1221
I've got to admit I'm going off them. They're videos are getting boring and desperate. It's a shame because they had something special but they've let money ruin it.

Reactions: 13
I've got to admit I'm going off them. They're videos are getting boring and desperate. It's a shame because they had something special but they've let money ruin it.
It's because it's so forced and they just have money in their sights. Why make 10k a month if you can make 100k instead. Money ruins everything. Would have been far better content if they just had modest amounts coming in each month. It's a business to make money at the end of the day.

Anyone hoping they will make Christmas number 1?
Me! ? Although the parents of children with down syndrome are going for it too according to this morning so I think it's gonna be a difficult choice!

Me! ? Although the parents of children with down syndrome are going for it too according to this morning so I think it's gonna be a difficult choice!
Am ashamed to say we bought it and played it in the car whilst Christmas shopping.

It reminds me of typical novelty Christmas number ones and charity records from 80s and 90s with them talking over the words at times.

Problem with the song it sticks in your head!

I used to really like their videos. They were hilarious. And they seem a really lovely family... But they've managed to (which is great for them) turn it into a full time business. I'm not a fan of the recent videos.

I’m not a fan of sausage rolls or Ladbaby anymore particularly, but as it’s for charity good luck to them.
Can't say I am a massive fan either of both but I like it because of the charity. In a weird fashion it's put those jumping on the food bank wagon this Christmas look a bit pitiful. Which am glad in some respects too because the vlogs I have seen with the reverse advent calendar the way these YouTubers talk, it's like these people are dogs in rescue centres and not people.

Ladbaby I just find least offence of them all, cliche obvious and racking in the money no doubt. I think him and his wife's relationship genuine though. The boys are adorable too.

Don't watch him a lot though. Just occasionally.

Same here, I still watch Ladbaby on and off and as they only post once or twice a week they are tolerable.
I suppose if the vlogs are bringing in the money it’s only natural and sensible that they would get more professional about it.
Unfortunately, for me what made them more endearing was the amateur and naive look of their Vlogs (whether faked or not) and this seems to have been somewhat lost lately.
However they do seem like a genuinely nice family who invest real time and attention on their boys.
Far preferable to the majority of family vloggers who use their kids as props.

Reactions: 4
Well he's number 1 on iTunes and Amazon...and trending at number 2 on YouTube currently!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.