Ladbaby #3 Do they know we're grifting?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon the fact he went on so many shows alone promoting the song is maybe the song was his idea...He started Ladbaby and now she is the meat in the videos...She has her own clothing line and she did a spot on Lorraine...The song was a way for him to stay relevant.

She is Frankenstein's monster and he is probably jealous..She is more marketable than him with this fake crazy persona..

I reckon he doesn't like it.

Reactions: 14
They've said far more about their own success in the charts than they have about food poverty. I don't think they're in it for the right reasons.

Reactions: 22
Just seen Louise Pentland jump to their aid. A shame really as I thought she’d got a decent brain in her head

• Sick
Reactions: 4
No TT food banks near us either, and we live in a large town. There are two run by small local charities/churches. You are only allowed to visit them once every 3 months. And must be referred by a professional who will give you a voucher.
You don’t get a say in the items given (so plenty of wastage if you have allergies or intolerances, for example) you are handed several carrier bags of heavy tins to carry and a handful of religious leaflets - if you don’t have transport you have to carry them home yourself. Which makes it inaccessible for those with mobility issues. I’m in good health but that was a long walk which killed my back.
It was honestly quite a humiliating experience, obviously grateful for the assistance at a very tough time, but not a lot of thought goes in to what the recipient actually needs.

Having been there, hearing those lyrics and knowing those two cream off the profits of other people’s experience at the lowest point in their lives, just makes me feel angry.
I’m really sorry to hear what you have been through. However tins tend to be a go to as they have a longer life span and less likely the need to be refrigerated.

I’m not one to defend many people but let’s face it, you can’t blame the Ladbaby family for winning when it’s a numbers game. No one has forced anyone one to buy their song. You could say the same for anyone in the charts. Would you go blaming Stormzy is 72 years old if he won? He’s not done badly for himself over the years, would you accuse him of using his fans? Would you blame Elton, the Beatles, Mariah?

• Angry
Reactions: 3
No TT food banks near us either, and we live in a large town. There are two run by small local charities/churches. You are only allowed to visit them once every 3 months. And must be referred by a professional who will give you a voucher.
You don’t get a say in the items given (so plenty of wastage if you have allergies or intolerances, for example) you are handed several carrier bags of heavy tins to carry and a handful of religious leaflets - if you don’t have transport you have to carry them home yourself. Which makes it inaccessible for those with mobility issues. I’m in good health but that was a long walk which killed my back.
It was honestly quite a humiliating experience, obviously grateful for the assistance at a very tough time, but not a lot of thought goes in to what the recipient actually needs.

Having been there, hearing those lyrics and knowing those two cream off the profits of other people’s experience at the lowest point in their lives, just makes me feel angry.
Sorry you've been through this experience. Their help sounds self centered - the fact that they give you religious leaflets (so pushing their religion on people who desperately need help), won't cater for allergies, and won't even provide transport to carry items home - sounds really selfish of them. Sounds like they are creating a service to make themselves feel good that they are pleasing their God, or showing off to other members of their community - NOT creating a service that genuinely cares about others. As you say, there is a lack of options, so they are exploiting service users. Really frustrating

Reactions: 2
I’m not one to defend many people but let’s face it, you can’t blame the Ladbaby family for winning when it’s a numbers game. No one has forced anyone one to buy their song. You could say the same for anyone in the charts. Would you go blaming Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old if he won? He’s not done badly for himself over the years, would you accuse him of using his fans? Would you blame Elton, the Beatles, Mariah?
did any of those other people say to gullible fans that buying their single is the best way to donate to a food bank?

Reactions: 15
First thread on tattle..Half the contributors were supporting these two...Now its all negative.. Definite shift.

Lots of bot acounts accusing people of jealousy for slagging them on twitter...The official response obviously.

Still morons saying it wasn't him in the nightclub when he could have doubled his wealth overnight suing for defamation.

No hope for these idiots is there ?,

Reactions: 10
Sorry you've been through this experience. Their help sounds self centered - the fact that they give you religious leaflets (so pushing their religion on people who desperately need help), won't cater for allergies, and won't even provide transport to carry items home - sounds really selfish of them. Sounds like they are creating a service to make themselves feel good that they are pleasing their God, or showing off to other members of their community - NOT creating a service that genuinely cares about others. As you say, there is a lack of options, so they are exploiting service users. Really frustrating
That's a bit of an assumption though. Often the leaflets included highlight stuff going on for the entire community in churches, here they do weekly hot meals, free play sessions for children and some art type stuff- all free of charge and not to do with religion but based on the ethos many church volunteers hold. I'm not religious btw but have seen the good many do, not to mention the countless hours they spend doing food bank related stuff in the first place. Someone struggling to carry stuff (tins are obviously a popular donation as they are usually good value, don't need storing in a fridge etc and have long shelf lives, also don't usually take a tonne of cooking) can often let them know and they'll help arrange something.

Even if it is for selfish reasons which I'm dubious about, at least they are genuinely doing some good.

Reactions: 8
Often the leaflets included highlight stuff going on for the entire community in churches, here they do weekly hot meals, free play sessions for children and some art type stuff- all free of charge and not to do with religion but based on the ethos many church volunteers hold. I'm not religious btw but have seen the good many do, not to mention the countless hours they spend doing food bank related stuff in the first place.
I always get a bit upset seeing local churches not being as supported in their community. It may just be because I live in a small town so the support we get is already limited, but it seems to me that local churches do perform a lot of good service for the community as a whole, and especially the homeless population. I think it was last winter that the local church was running warm breakfast mornings and this winter it seems to have moved to the local library which is nearby (though only in the form of biscuits and tea)

I think the message to donate to your local foodbanks/charities is always just better. Ultimately the money they collect is going to touch very few people in very limited locations at best

Reactions: 5
Curious to know if anyone lives near these two cretins. How awful for the neighbourhood to see them bringing the area down.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’d heard of Knob and Gob before but they were never really on my radar until I saw this meme on a Facebook page:

D97579B0-C9B7-4854-8440-1D9CBA25AE31.jpeg

I knew Tattlers wouldn’t let me down if there’s stuff to be read! Most of the comments under the post were supportive of them - “CEOs of charities make big money, so…” and a couple of folk even tagged him in (I don’t think he replied).

I often have a music channel on at home so I’ve had Christmas songs on a few times over the last five years but I don’t remember seeing any of their songs on it. Three different versions of Do They Know It’s Christmas are often played so it’s not as if they don’t play charity songs for whatever reason

Reactions: 10
Curious to know if anyone lives near these two cretins. How awful for the neighbourhood to see them bringing the area down.
When they lived in west bridgford they were local to me, they were always in Asda filming crap giving away stuff for their YouTube, that soon stopped. The lanky streak of piss is a fan of Forest same as me and thank duck I’ve never seen him or id be telling him what I think. Funny though that when he is at football, he hides in a pub out the way not wanting to be noticed, friends have told me that and if any calls him a grifter or whatever he scarpers and looks mortified. Hardly the actions of the honest man is it?

Reactions: 13
I always get a bit upset seeing local churches not being as supported in their community. It may just be because I live in a small town so the support we get is already limited, but it seems to me that local churches do perform a lot of good service for the community as a whole, and especially the homeless population. I think it was last winter that the local church was running warm breakfast mornings and this winter it seems to have moved to the local library which is nearby (though only in the form of biscuits and tea)

I think the message to donate to your local foodbanks/charities is always just better. Ultimately the money they collect is going to touch very few people in very limited locations at best
I will say that although he has no affiliation either way with the churches my dad said when he was a homeless heroin addict for years it was the Christian charities that looked after him the most, regardless of their motivations.

Reactions: 8
The negative attitudes to some churches and religious charities do have a basis, though. E.g. lots of LGBT people feel uncomfortable in those environments due to discrimination they've encountered in the past. I know the Salvation Army has a terrible reputation among the LGBT community. And when it comes to people who've been raised in an oppressive or abusive religion it's understandable that they'd prefer something secular. People don't like being preached to when they're receiving help and sadly this is something that happens.

In fairness, I know lots of churches help the community without it being conditional on any religious belief. They shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush. Just saying that I can see where these attitudes come from.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.