Ladbaby #3 Do they know we're grifting?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never seen any content from this couple in my life but my partner just mentioned to me that they’ve overtaken the Beatles for christmas number ones. I found the ‘reaction’ clip on their IG and it’s so glaringly obvious in an instant that they are completely fake. How have they become so ‘big’?? He has his eyes covered the whole time, it’s so obvious that he’s not crying. I’m actually irrationally angry about this. Next year do you think we can have another Rage Against The Machine moment?

Man named his kids after Nottingham Forest and cheated on his wife. Get him in the bin.

Reactions: 32
We'll never hear or see promotions for that song again. If it was for charity and not just the Xmas No.1 fame they crave, then surely they'd keep promoting and asking people to download to raise more?

Reactions: 13
We'll never hear or see promotions for that song again. If it was for charity and not just the Xmas No.1 fame they crave, then surely they'd keep promoting and asking people to download to raise more?
Well exactly. And why wait for Christmas? The energy crisis has been going on months, as well as the general cost of living crisis. It’s all for their own gratification and glory. Instead of helping, what were they doing the other weeks of the year? Bringing out clothing lines, books and stupid sausage roll merchandise, taking money off people!! Put them in the bin!

Reactions: 21
She is Kirsty Allsopp' twin. Watching her mouth reaching up to the microphone I thought she was going to swallow it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You'd think the fact that these were 'normal' working people when they first hit the internet, that they would fully understand the struggle. But they've got greedy and think they're better than those who have to choose to heat or eat.
Not sincere in the slightest. Act down to earth but money and 'fame' has gone to their heads. They're the worst sort of people. The ones who forget where they came from.
Luckily for them, they came into money before the biggest food and energy crisis. So they really have no idea.
Not humble, not sincere, not like us. Just opportunists posing as plebs.

Reactions: 16
The real work on food poverty is done by small, local charities run by dedicated volunteers and supported year-round by their local community. I heard this the other day and it seemed to me to be musically awful, mocking the real issues and totally tone deaf in terms of what those issues are. People in this country can be proud of the support they give. The shame is the austerity policies that have made it necessary for charity to put an inadequate sticking plaster on a gaping wound. To discover that the protagonists are greedy Tory-voting grifters has therefore come as no surprise. Let’s lay the blame for rising prices, rampant inflation and corporate greed right where it belongs. Epitomised by these two, making people question charity with their antics. I’d like to see them do a quarter of the good that my 35 (mostly elderly) volunteers do out of the goodness of their hearts for vulnerable people, year round.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hopefully they don't
Even the second year I didn't mind and thought it was a fun anomaly (plus the Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old song he beat would have been rubbish at number 1 too) -
Now there's an idea for next year's No1! Make it happen, Tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can’t believe this lot are number one again with their tacky tit song. I guess there is no real race for Christmas number one anymore as it kinda died along with the actual buying of singles.
Artists don’t make money anymore from selling songs only streaming and radio plays so it doesn’t surprise me they haven’t made a lot of money for charity from it. Artists make their money from touring these days

Reactions: 4
And this is why I won’t give to a charity. I’d much rather put food into the collection basket at Aldi when it goes direct to the local food bank 😡 not in someone’s over inflated wages
I work in the charity sector, and often what large and small charities do is get specific funding for the salaries of key specific job roles that are integral in pushing the charity forward. The income of a charity is divided into two categories: restricted (funds received that can only be used for specific purposes) and unrestricted (can be spent on core costs for the charity such as salaries/overheads etc).
For charities to thrive and grown. they often need expensive team members with the relevant strategic business acumen to manage the organisation. Im not defending the TT or saying that the salaries are defendable as I don’t know enough about them, but it is likely that they have the salaries pre-funded by trusts who provide funds purely for that purpose, meaning the money you donate will actually be used for the charitable activities!
More generally, it is frowned upon to have larger than average salaries for too many team members as it puts people off from donating, and these salaries are rigorously questioned by funders and trustees of the charity for this reason! But still, I believe there are many over inflated roles in the sector!
Personally, knowing what I know from my work, I donate only to small local charities at grassroots level. I think they do the most practical work and you get more bang for your buck!

Reactions: 7
Even the comments on their own Instagram post aren't favourable (they'll be blocked and deleted soon im sure!)

Even the comments on their own Instagram post aren't favourable (they'll be blocked and deleted soon im sure!)
They seem to be going backwards in their popularity don't they? Not everyone can be wrong lol. I don't think Mark saying 'support the tories' will go in their favour either 😂😂😂😂

For charities to thrive and grown. they often need expensive team members with the relevant strategic business acumen to manage the organisation.
Interesting post. I wonder if we need a general trussell trust thread? It's very questionable if a food bank is the kind of charity that should be run like a big corporation. I would only give to local charities these days as so much goes to the cause, they're often run efficiency and the funding isn't swallowed up in layer after layer of jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But say a prayer.
Pray for a sausage roll.
This is abhorrent, mawkish, piss taking.
Has Lewis thrown a huff?
Had a look at ladbaby insta last night, its pathetic how desperate the wife is. How anyone could believe they're genuine is beyond me.

Reactions: 9
It's funny because I remember the first thread on these two and people were coming on defending how genuine, relatable, funny and that they were a normal couple that worked. And this was several years into their fame when he had already given up work and they'd made millions. Ah well at least most people now see it!

Selling 65'000 copies of 3 different versions isn't noteworthy, that probably is the same 20 odd thousand people buying most of them. The wider public has no time for this.

Reactions: 10
Wonder how long it will b before they use Kobe as the cash cow to promote autism awareness . Her screaming on that live was so uncalled for . How did they get the trophy thing soo quick anyway last night oh yea coz they already knew they had got no.1 . They are becoming more & more fame hungry everyday its quite pathetic

Reactions: 6
It was the strangest reaction with her all fake anxious hand wringing and him sat covering his eyes! Surely if its all about the charity him fake weeping like that makes no sense! It was definitely all about them - no mention of the charity whilst they were wailing and back slapping each other!

She's works for ITS - enough said! 😠

It's hilarious how they've broken the singles chart with their shite.

Yes, they may have taken over The Beatles, but their shite grifting songs will last less time than it takes their sausage rolls to go offf.

Omg I've just watched that reaction video and honestly thought they were on a split screen until she hugged him! Bizarre! 🤣

Wonder how long it will b before they use Kobe as the cash cow to promote autism awareness . Her screaming on that live was so uncalled for . How did they get the trophy thing soo quick anyway last night oh yea coz they already knew they had got no.1 . They are becoming more & more fame hungry everyday its quite pathetic
It was "already on the motorway to them" as it was announced.

Yeah alright.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.