Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Google cache shows Mse have deleted another thread on it. They're not allowed to mention it over there 😆.

I bet Martin Lewis and the ladbaby duo regret doing it, it's got hundreds of likes on all the negative posts from media sites like the BBC reporting on the No1. Literally fuck all support outside of their bubble. Very hollow victory

Screenshot_20221223_182739.jpg

Reactions: 26
Interesting post. I wonder if we need a general trussell trust thread? It's very questionable if a food bank is the kind of charity that should be run like a big corporation. I would only give to local charities these days as so much goes to the cause, they're often run efficiency and the funding isn't swallowed up in layer after layer of jobs.
Agreed to this and you know what I’m going to say, Jack Monroe using the TT as a means to promote her books is another huge red flag that I hope gets to a ladbaby level of public scrutiny. She’s managed a 7 book career on the notion they’re essential items for foodbank users and low income families and the TT have co-signed this time and time again. If this is actually true why aren’t the TT doing their own version for pennies rather than lining the pockets of Jack, her agent, and her publishing house? The TT are really bad vibes.

Reactions: 25

Pinko

VIP Member
I think Martin Lewis has made a bad move being linked to this. It just comes across as crass. And why the sob story video about downloads. I would bet some of their followers are finding it hard to pay bills etc but let's waste money streaming or downloading their awful song. I would feel ashamed begging for downloads. The tide is turning- people would rather listen to happy songs from yesteryear than sausage roll popped in as a lyric in a Xmas song. Get the hint- your popularity is on the wane

SG1981

Many of us will be old enough to remember Mr Blobby getting Christmas No 1 in 1993 ahead of Babe by Take That. Id even prefer that to this steaming pile of shit .Come back blobs all is forgiven 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Thread title from this meme which was the most liked recent post
314ECAD9-FC66-49CA-9292-E5661A388665.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Martin also said “ if you don’t like novelty Christmas songs, you can always donate directly to the Trussel trust or any other food bank”

Reactions: 22

StatusWoe

VIP Member
They've said far more about their own success in the charts than they have about food poverty. I don't think they're in it for the right reasons.

Reactions: 22

garyowen7

As someone who loves the history of the Christmas number one battle - I'm really annoyed, angry and disappointed about what LadBaby has done/is doing. I thought it was fun and quite liked them in the first year. Even the second year I didn't mind and thought it was a fun anomaly (plus the Stormzy is 72 years old song he beat would have been rubbish at number 1 too) - but from year 3 onwards it's been ridiculous. I know he says it's for charity purposes - but he should also know what an institution the CN1 is and that he's just being a greedy bastard. I know the charts are next to meaningless now, but I still love the history that's attached to the festive charts - and he's just ruined it. Half a decade of the twat!

At least with X Factor they were different artists, sometimes the songs weren't all that bad, and they sold lots of copies (and it was the biggest show on TV at the time). I bet LadBaby would walk down most streets and no-one would have a clue who he was. There's zero legacy in his songs, they're downright awful. Only having to sell 65,000 copies compared to when Rage ATM had to sell over half a million just shows how dogshit the charts have become. Whoever falls for their shit and genuinely thinks it's a good idea to buy it every year, is a total moron. The OCC need to change its rules so it actually reflects what people are listening to, as without its ACR rule, Wham! would easily be number 1 right now. And that's before we even get into their dodgy dealings and being grifting twats.

Total cunts.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Yel

Chatty Member
An absolute joke. Why does nobody ever research things before writing bullshit like this??? We aren’t the bad guys you stupid bint, they are! View attachment 1833514
Oh Louise you can do one. Influencers sticking together. 🙄

Read their tattle thread, you're not helping anyone by pretending there's not valid questions to be asked with their "buy our single, it's the best way to donate to the charity" etc behaviour.

CharDee MacDennis

Fucking pricks.
Fake personalities, over the top reactions, tiresome jokes, and just overall smugness. These two cretins will be doing their ridiculous open mouth poses with their thumbs up for weeks now before scurrying off into their smelly caves again until the next ego boosting publicity sham.

People hated X-Factor always having Christmas number 1, but this is way worse. Just an unfunny couple of twats from Nottingham recycling the same joke for the 5th year running.

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
Unfortunately, although this is the biggest backlash those two twats have received, the idiots of the UK outweigh us all. They’ll always get the #1. I was so sure after the whole touchy touchy feely feely incident that the braindead moron fans of theirs would turn on them. Nope. Still clapping away like seals at every unfunny thing that ugly pastry face does.
It’s depressing isn’t it. The fanbase has about 12 brain cells between them, they’re the sort of people who’ll probably be watching Mrs Brown’s Boys on Christmas Day.

• Haha

bassetbumpkin

Chatty Member
We'll never hear or see promotions for that song again. If it was for charity and not just the Xmas No.1 fame they crave, then surely they'd keep promoting and asking people to download to raise more?
Well exactly. And why wait for Christmas? The energy crisis has been going on months, as well as the general cost of living crisis. It’s all for their own gratification and glory. Instead of helping, what were they doing the other weeks of the year? Bringing out clothing lines, books and stupid sausage roll merchandise, taking money off people!! Put them in the bin!

Rose28454

VIP Member
Oh I could never get sick of smacking Martin Lewis. Patronising passive aggressive cunt that he is.
I for one am a big fan of Martin Lewis. I was in a lot of debt before I discovered his website and am now debt free and saving money on my shopping etc every day. However getting involved with those 2 was a mistake on his part

PeteM

VIP Member
God forbid they call out the political party responsible for the rise in food bank usage. Tory apologist pricks.

Well that was interesting 🤔

Martin Lewis asked the TT woman how much has been raised by Ladbaby -over 300 thousand! Is that all 😳

Reactions: 20

BigMavis

VIP Member
I'm still staggered by the lyrics. Things are bad here and people are struggling with the cost of living but its not a famine which I think that song is representative of. So clumsy and crass in my opinion, there's a lot of shame attached to people using banks they don't need this. Honestly I'm really quite angry about this. I definitely think lots of pressure needs to be put on these pair to ascertain exactly how much they've made from these activities over the years. Its not on.

Havingalookgirls

Are they actually taking the fucking puss with that song??? It's degrading as fuck!!
Pray for a sausage roll!!
Turn up the Christmas music to drown out the doom and gloom!
Taking the piss when they sing the leccy is running low!!
I had to stop watching, absolute fucking knows the pair of them

• Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Can't believe this is happening again. For the last few weeks I've been busy helping in a food bank if the funds are going there I'm not seeing it.
Donate independently to your local food bank please, people have nothing and ladbaby are getting richer :cry: please, it's awful.
In my experience those who shout loudest about their charity work are the least charitable. I don't mean you, you sound like someone who gives your time to charity quietly without looking for something back.