Kylie Flavell #5 Plundering Patreons with Vapidly Vacuous Vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
KyLie looks like she is wearing emerald green sackcloth @Denise0211 πŸ™ˆ Or a kind of baggy housecoat someone might wear in the 1950s to cleanπŸ™„ Where is the always-bared midriff?!

Snap! @nostoneunturned πŸ˜…
πŸ₯¦πŸͺ›πŸ”‹πŸ§ͺ❎🟩πŸͺ€πŸ«‘πŸ¦–πŸ€’For someone so hung up on the deets she really choked on this still shot . Random mid century frump is a disturbing trend in fashion in Melbourne these days … I don’t get it

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Fear not fellow Tattlers! The middrif makes an appearance in the new video. I grabbed that screenshot since the "When you say 'modern' what do you mean??" and dead eyes look made me roll mine. Lol. Guido replies "100 years" and she seems relieved. πŸ™„ It's a shame bevause the video begins with a scene of pasta and Guido happily pouring vino and that could have been fun for a change.

I also think I caught a YSL bag, but the clip rolls by too quickly so I'll have to pause and pay attention tomorrow. πŸ•΅

Also she uses oddly modern music which isn't her usual style.

Reactions: 4
I wonder what he sent?πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚ The name looks familiar...anyone remember if this is ol' teacups? AKA that Canadian business partner for Bottega Flavell?
Screenshot_20210923-190437_(1).png

• Wow
Reactions: 3
a water menu in itself is insane, let alone a 13 page one πŸ™„ kylie living her Italian life just like a local πŸ˜‚
On one hand I want to shrug at this because I've absolutely been to multiple restaurants with extensive water menus - including one that offered a tasting flight with a "water sommelier" and another with a 45 page water menu.

However, on the other hand, you absolutely have to go into experiences like that with some irony and for a laugh. I also feel the same for Michelin star restaurants. If you go with family or friends who are very into food or just have great senses of humor if they aren't it's so much fun. Otherwise save it for special occasions like a birthday or anniversary. I would dip out on someone who wanted to take me to any Michelin starred restaurant on the first date (in fact, I have straight up ghosted a few people that did this because it weirded me out so much). I know this can come off as snobby but there is a particular vulgarity in both flashing about in a sportscar to a multi-Michelin star place on the regular and aspiring to that as Kylie did. Unrepentant gold digging & excessive consumerism is never cute - nor is it "cinematic". Unless you consider Michael Bay or Sofia Coppola movies cinema...

@HenriBeyle as others have said you truly dodged a bullet there, although I'm sorry you had to go through the experience in the first place

The mask, yes finally! And FFS what is she wearing?
That dress(?) has got to be a joke.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
On one hand I want to shrug at this because I've absolutely been to multiple restaurants with extensive water menus - including one that offered a tasting flight with a "water sommelier" and another with a 45 page water menu.
Thank you, @estellastheme for your kind comment. The more I reflect on it, I am reaching the conclusion that maybe the Pizzeria near the Pantheon didn't cut it with K. because there was only the choice between Aqua Panna and San Pellegrino on the menu. Going back to my French roots I'm more of an Evian and Badoit man myself. The bubbles in Perrier are a little too robust for my delicate constitution.

HB

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just spent an hour catching up on this thread, so entertaining in so many ways! So happy I found this site.
@HenriBeyle, how interesting you dated KyLie. What was she like to spend time with? Is there anything you can share? I'm just a little curious. :giggle:

• Heart

However, on the other hand, you absolutely have to go into experiences like that with some irony and for a laugh. I also feel the same for Michelin star restaurants. If you go with family or friends who are very into food or just have great senses of humor if they aren't it's so much fun. Otherwise save it for special occasions like a birthday or anniversary. I would dip out on someone who wanted to take me to any Michelin starred restaurant on the first date (in fact, I have straight up ghosted a few people that did this because it weirded me out so much). I know this can come off as snobby but there is a particular vulgarity in both flashing about in a sportscar to a multi-Michelin star place on the regular and aspiring to that as Kylie did. Unrepentant gold digging & excessive consumerism is never cute - nor is it "cinematic". Unless you consider Michael Bay or Sofia Coppola movies cinema...

@HenriBeyle as others have said you truly dodged a bullet there, although I'm sorry you had to go through the experience in the first place

That dress(?) has got to be a joke.
Now now, according to Kylie you must just be "envious" you never went to those tacky parties filled with gold diggers and conspicuous consumption. 🀣

I just remembered one of her IG posts or stories at New Years, the first with Guido anyway. She said they all partied and danced til the wee hours in some villa, then the next day drove to someone's beach home in the Maremma. I imagine she perhaps thought her life of parties would have continued. But then the pandemic hit, and she likely noticed Guido overall doesn't seem to be a party type and most of his friends have kids. I can't help but laugh, thinking her switch to Matronly Lady of the Manor happened not out will, but a new role to play for content.

Reactions: 8
I immagine this attempted hook-up with Kylie happened when she was a down and out in Rome - no water - no electricity - no toilet so a barometer would have been sooo useful to forecast the weather as it doesn't need any of the above & would make a 'bella figura' on her wall, that's if there was enough light to see it. However Henri you would have scored if you had invented a story of owning a luxury hotel minimum - better luck spoofing next time.

• Haha
In the beginning of the preview clip for Friday I thought maybe they were out to lunch and exploring a market. Instead it's more renovations. View attachment 775575
Back to the dress, it reminds me of packages that arrive, now and again, at our house. The Amazon courier delivers a package and when you open it up, the dress is enclosed in a cellophane envelope, full of fold marks.

That’s how K’s dress looks, just out of the package !

• Haha
I went & had a look at her Move to Italy videos to see what she said about teaching & working - so much good advice but it didn't seem to help her much if her output is now only vlogging. Btw somewhere she did comment on teaching in a school & how scornful she was of her colleagues. As always a put down to her work colleagues like the Italian film crews she had spent 'hours' trying to get them to work better. Her haters she quotes 4 years ago said much the same thing as we do but she never believes it.
She got her revenge on me though bc after cringing thru 3 MtoItaly, her face somehow got stuck on my laptop so every time I open it her big mouth with the sharky teeth & slitted eyes comes on my screen😩
How much more interesting to read about working and teaching in Korea @Orangeolive

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I went & had a look at her Move to Italy videos to see what she said about teaching & working - so much good advice but it didn't seem to help her much if her output is now only vlogging. Btw somewhere she did comment on teaching in a school & how scornful she was of her colleagues. As always a put down to her work colleagues like the Italian film crews she had spent 'hours' trying to get them to work better. Her haters she quotes 4 years ago said much the same thing as we do but she never believes it.
She got her revenge on me though bc after cringing thru 3 MtoItaly, her face somehow got stuck on my laptop so every time I open it her big mouth with the sharky teeth & slitted eyes comes on my screen😩
How much more interesting to read about working and teaching in Korea @Orangeolive
Thanks for taking the plunge for us!πŸ˜… What did she say about her teaching colleagues? Did they not have a faux accent like hers?!

• Haha
Lmao... stuck on your screen! Yikes. But at least it's just a picture and you don't have to hear the fake accent to go with it. 🀣

I also didn't think all of her advice was terrible (some was though). In terms of budgeting and money (in those moving videos and also some of the cooking videos) I think it's weird to lay out exactly how much each grocery item costs... 3 cents for black pepper (for some reason I think she was using dollars instead of Euros? Was that Australian dollars or American dollars?). She could have just said something like I spend about xxx weekly on groceries, about xxx on going out, xxx on traveling, and here's how much my rent and utilities cost when I was living in this size place or whatever. I have seen a lot of vloggers who do this in Korea and Japan, and the expat community here talks about it often with people who are looking for jobs or considering moving here. I know that wasn't the point of the cooking video. The cooking chicken and potatoes video reminded me of going to a friend's house to cook dinner, but not in any way that you'd want to film it.

It was weird for me that K complains about all the haters and says she'd much rather make a cultural piece than tell people about how she moved to Italy, but her channel seems to be riddled with these "move to Italy" type videos that obviously have a lot of views. If you're going to tell people how to move to Italy at least own up to it and don't pretend that's not what you want to be doing. There isn't anything wrong with it inherently, it's just cringey when she pretends it's such a chore.

Kylie, if you're reading this... good on ya for showing yourself wearing a mask.

• Heart
Lmao... stuck on your screen! Yikes. But at least it's just a picture and you don't have to hear the fake accent to go with it. 🀣

I also didn't think all of her advice was terrible (some was though). In terms of budgeting and money (in those moving videos and also some of the cooking videos) I think it's weird to lay out exactly how much each grocery item costs... 3 cents for black pepper (for some reason I think she was using dollars instead of Euros? Was that Australian dollars or American dollars?). She could have just said something like I spend about xxx weekly on groceries, about xxx on going out, xxx on traveling, and here's how much my rent and utilities cost when I was living in this size place or whatever. I have seen a lot of vloggers who do this in Korea and Japan, and the expat community here talks about it often with people who are looking for jobs or considering moving here. I know that wasn't the point of the cooking video. The cooking chicken and potatoes video reminded me of going to a friend's house to cook dinner, but not in any way that you'd want to film it.

It was weird for me that K complains about all the haters and says she'd much rather make a cultural piece than tell people about how she moved to Italy, but her channel seems to be riddled with these "move to Italy" type videos that obviously have a lot of views. If you're going to tell people how to move to Italy at least own up to it and don't pretend that's not what you want to be doing. There isn't anything wrong with it inherently, it's just cringey when she pretends it's such a chore.

Kylie, if you're reading this... good on ya for showing yourself wearing a mask.
I thought it was a good idea, the pricing thing, but made no sense. she claims to shop in small places, why not go there and quote prices instead of supermarkets? for me, as I hVe said before, it just implies she doesn't have local shops she goes to regularly or at all. I always found that Italians really remember clients,something I really loved.
when I lived in rome my mum visited maybe twice or 3 times a year,and even then the local markets she went to near me and bought things from to take home (without me) recognised her and knew what she wanted

Just took her a year and a half during a pandemic and lockdown to figure it out !

Clever girl !

Although, maybe she’s getting ready for the chicken coop reno.

Last edited:
  • Haha

To be fair her channel is also riddled with some very bizarre anti-anxiety type videos including a completely bizarre anti-suicide infomercial one where she superimposes herself smiling into the camera over some flowers split screen next to her talking face. I think that was circa the time she was talking about wanting to start a mental health community or something? She just seems to keep jumping from niche to niche to either find something that works whether she enjoys it or not (hence acting like something is a chore, you can always tell when content creators are not into whatever subject they are doing) or because her dilettantism really only allows a surface level exploration before the next shiny topic catches her interest (pretending to be an expert in everything is a chore because you realize just how little you actually know about most things you are pontificating on). I did appreciate some of the move to Italy videos as they seemed much more informative than her usual stuff. If she was 100% about making something cultural or cinematic and not caring about "haters" she would absolutely cull her old videos that didn't fit into that oeuvre.

@ Ted 1 Stop it ! Because it's overtime tonight with a flog to endure and pick apart😰
On a more serious note (as if) what @ Michael of the Mountains speculated why they put out the stringer for the property to rent to see the reaction. Could well be but I still think K&G ran up against the rest of the family firm who are very cautious. - as Guido has often said about his father & his Tuscan aphorisms - Kylie sticking her nose in the running of their business. I mean they haven't divided up the property yet as Guido gave an email of the family & not his own

@estellastheme. Exactly, she swings between different genres to see which have more success & followers, with minimum output. Obv the 'heart-to-heart ' ones were dead easy as she was lolling about on her bed or similar, while the ones on the move needed more content & effort. Now she has her sidekick husband & the never-ending cinematic views of the Tuscan cliched landscape...and still she complains of the expense & time to produce her vlogs. Btw the Patreon aims haven't changed - new equipment etc so she can spend how & whatever eg. clothes, bags & boots are surely equipment n'est-pas?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.