Kiera-Rose

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because same sex parents exist, are we now supposed to deny fatherly instinct in a traditional hetero family, and same for motherly instinct? I support LGBTQ community, but this is just too woke and blown out of proportion.
We don’t have to deny parental instincts, no. But like I find most gender stereotypes destructive, I find the binarity of „motherly“ and „fatherly“ instincts very conservative. Also it’s a way of romanticizing „I’m the main carer, as most women are, and therefore don’t look at my child like some distant relative, like my partner does, but from my partner it’s „fAtHeRlY InStInCt“.„
It SO fits into her anti vaxxer-attitude as well, that conservativism.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I reeeally think you’re reading too much into this, she put up a post to say Happy Father’s Day to her husband. That’s all. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as deep as you’re seeing it…

Reactions: 12
What’s with same sex parenthood? Who has the „fatherly instinct“ in a lesbian relationship? What even is „fatherly instinct“? That’s such a hetero- and cis-normative thing to say. It’s a way to create that „children need a father and a mother“-myth, which limits the rights of homosexual couples.
Just because you don’t remember her saying that, doesn’t mean, she didn’t say it.
She might be bi but she’s in a heterosexual relationship with a man and has a child with him . You are reading far too much it.

Reactions: 7
Thinking about it, I wonder if this is her way of overcompensating for the fact that she said in one of her more recent videos that she 'felt like a single mother'. It's meaningless fluff, but flattering meaningless fluff.

Reactions: 7
It seems to be only from certain angles where you can't see her face full on. I think that's quite a nice compromise actually.
She has responded to a comment questioning it and she said "no I only show images where you don't get a clear view" - but I feel like the first photo from the set is fairly clear, even if she is looking down...

She has the most gorgeous curls though, she's a cutie. I feel like she has Kiera's facial features & Alex's hair

I do feel like that picture is fairly clear too.

In any case I’ll say this: Kiera takes a damn good photo. Her feed is beautiful.

Reactions: 4
What’s with same sex parenthood? Who has the „fatherly instinct“ in a lesbian relationship? What even is „fatherly instinct“? That’s such a hetero- and cis-normative thing to say. It’s a way to create that „children need a father and a mother“-myth, which limits the rights of homosexual couples.
Just because you don’t remember her saying that, doesn’t mean, she didn’t say it.
Don't be daft!

Don't be daft!
😂 I try to, promised! But I still stand with my opinion: „fatherly instincts“ is just a way of romanticizing and excusing absent fathering.
Also, stating only the combination of „fatherly“ and „motherly“ instincts as „sacred“ is homophobic and a statement against reproductive rights of homosexual people. 👻

😂 I try to, promised! But I still stand with my opinion: „fatherly instincts“ is just a way of romanticizing and excusing absent fathering.
Also, stating only the combination of „fatherly“ and „motherly“ instincts as „sacred“ is homophobic and a statement against reproductive rights of homosexual people. 👻
What are you on about? Every single human being and animal on this planet has a mother and a father. This isn't "cis-het privilege" or whatever po-mo blue-hair nonsense you might want to subscribe to. Motherly and fatherly instincts aren't homophobic. That sort of stuff makes an absolute mockery of the LGB community (of which I'm a member) and turns people against us.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What are you on about? Every single human being and animal on this planet has a mother and a father. This isn't "cis-het privilege" or whatever po-mo blue-hair nonsense you might want to subscribe to. Motherly and fatherly instincts aren't homophobic. That sort of stuff makes an absolute mockery of the LGB community (of which I'm a member) and turns people against us.
No reason for getting so aggressive?
That’s debatable, if every human on this Earth has a mother and a father. Many decide not to, because they hate them.
Also, there is no such thing as „fatherly instinct“. What is „fatherly instinct“ about? Drinking beer? Cooking a barbecue? Washing the car on weekends? That’s gender stereotype bulshit. We are not in the 1950s anymore.
Imo that’s a proof for Keira‘s rightwing worldview, fitting in with her anti-vaxer interest.

Reactions: 1
I really think you’ve just taken it and blown it out of proportion. You can’t disregard that a fatherly instinct is a thing? Maybe she worded her point poorly but of course fathers have instincts towards their children, you’re the one jumping to gender stereotypes.

I really think you’ve just taken it and blown it out of proportion. You can’t disregard that a fatherly instinct is a thing? Maybe she worded her point poorly but of course fathers have instincts towards their children, you’re the one jumping to gender stereotypes.
As I said, I stand by my opinion. Whatever. Back to Keira.

No reason for getting so aggressive?
That’s debatable, if every human on this Earth has a mother and a father. Many decide not to, because they hate them.
Also, there is no such thing as „fatherly instinct“. What is „fatherly instinct“ about? Drinking beer? Cooking a barbecue? Washing the car on weekends? That’s gender stereotype bulshit. We are not in the 1950s anymore.
Imo that’s a proof for Keira‘s rightwing worldview, fitting in with her anti-vaxer interest.
Biologically speaking, yes they obviously do. They may not all have the motherly or fatherly instincts that Kiera was referencing but that actually just proves her point and has nothing to do with the gender stereotypes you're projecting onto her post.
Okay I'm moving on now 😅

Reactions: 2