Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving that recipe! I will have to try it too!

Where can I purchase the smoked chicken sausage from? Thanks for the Maple Syrup link too 😃
I got mine from Morrison’s but Tesco do them too! Or Little polish supermarkets!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
OK week 1 is in the bag! 💼 I lost 3.8 lbs 😀 which = 30 lbs to lose!

Bearing in mind, this was with my calories being at least 1,800 or more a day! I’m short so my TDEE is low and I went above it every day, only a couple of walks too.

Going into week 2 I would like to get a bit of a reign on my calories, so I’m going to start Intermittent Fasting and have my first meal at 1pm or 2pm. I have been eating all day long so far but I think I’m starting to feel less hungry. So it’ll be a nice big dinner to look forward to with ‘naughty’ foods like Fathead pizza or Burgers made with chaffles and maybe a lighter lunch of salads or eggs and bacon 😚 (I’m writing it here to make myself stick to it ha!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Longtime lurker here 🙋🏻‍♀️

So I’ve maintained so far during lockdown, I’m a stone down. But this last week I’ve gone crazy. My sugar addiction is out of hand and need to make some changes. I turn 30 in less than two weeks and I was going to wait but I think I might start now.

I’m kicking myself because I could be 2 stone down during this lockdown 😣 Where did everyone start!? I don’t eat fish and I’m not a big meat eater.

Reactions: 4

So I’ve maintained so far during lockdown, I’m a stone down. But this last week I’ve gone crazy. My sugar addiction is out of hand and need to make some changes. I turn 30 in less than two weeks and I was going to wait but I think I might start now.

I’m kicking myself because I could be 2 stone down during this lockdown 😣 Where did everyone start!? I don’t eat fish and I’m not a big meat eater.

That’s fine you’re not a big meat eater, neither am I. It’s actually fat you need to eat the most of, protein needs to be kept moderate because it can kick you out of ketosis to have too high protein. ()

So yeah, lots of cheese, almond flour (for
Keto baking, chaffles etc) double cream and then protein sources like full fat sausages , beef mince, chicken

• Heart

Bearing in mind, this was with my calories being at least 1,800 or more a day! I’m short so my TDEE is low and I went above it every day, only a couple of walks too.

Going into week 2 I would like to get a bit of a reign on my calories, so I’m going to start Intermittent Fasting and have my first meal at 1pm or 2pm. I have been eating all day long so far but I think I’m starting to feel less hungry. So it’ll be a nice big dinner to look forward to with ‘naughty’ foods like Fathead pizza or Burgers made with chaffles and maybe a lighter lunch of salads or eggs and bacon 😚 (I’m writing it here to make myself stick to it ha!)
Amazing! Well done on Week 1 loss :D I've been doing Intermittent Fasting for a couple of years now on and off, I do the 8 hour of eating window of 10am-6pm and fast 16 hours, really does help. I went on a nice walk this morning and going for my food shop tonight so I can start tomorrow 🥳

Well done! I didn’t weight myself this morning, totm so didn’t want any bloating to affect my mood/ scales, feeling good though! Woke up and went for a run.
Day 8
3 low carb sausages, slice of carbzone bread
Jalapeño poppers, olives and gherkins
Pesto chicken, salad and burrata

I got mine from Morrison’s but Tesco do them too! Or Little polish supermarkets!
I got mine in European cold meat section in Sainsbury’s. Mine is beer where you’ve find things like fridge raiders, sandwich filler etc!!

Food shopping complete, 1st day tomorrow 🥳
Good luck!

Absolute killer headache tonight, lying down on the sofa with sunglasses on 🙃

Think I may take it a bit easier with the exercise and concentrate solely on the diet for a little while

• Heart
Good luck!

Think I may take it a bit easier with the exercise and concentrate solely on the diet for a little while
I’ve also had a little niggling headache the last few days at the back of my head. What are you doing for electrolytes?

Nowt! I’m wondering if maybe I should, I hadn’t really thought about it to be honest, feeling quite fatigued today though and a bit weak after this morning when I felt quite energetic

Nowt! I’m wondering if maybe I should, I hadn’t really thought about it to be honest, feeling quite fatigued today though and a bit weak after this morning when I felt quite energetic
Definitely order some of the my protein ones from Amazon, they give you the best bang for your buck.

Definitely order some of the my protein ones from Amazon, they give you the best bang for your buck.
Thank you, the tablets or powder? Was just reading about them, I have had issues with potassium
Deficiency in the past so they would probably be v helpful!

Good luck!

Thank you!

Oh no feel better soon! Good idea, maybe better to concentrate on the diet for a little while 💖

• Heart
Thank you, the tablets or powder? Was just reading about them, I have had issues with potassium
Deficiency in the past so they would probably be v helpful!
The tablets, I take 2 a day one Morning one evening And they don’t taste of anything bad 😀

A promising weigh day today, thank the lawd!

I think if I didn’t drink so much gin it would probably be faster but oh well, needs must in quarantine!

In 5 weeks I’ve lost half a stone. Without really feeling like I’m denying myself!

I picked up some magnesium tablets the other day, a word of warning for anyone who hasn’t had them yet: they are like laxatives! 😂 then I’ve started adding lo-salt to water for electrolytes.

Reactions: 3
Day 1 of breakfast and lunch done. Will edit later on tonight of my 1st day, but so far so good 🥳

On day three and I am feeling so snackish. I have been adding more fats to my meals but I still feel the urge to gorge on cookies and sweets and all those carb things!
did anyone else struggle with this in their first few days/weeks? I’ve planned out my day macro wise and by the end of the day I will be over by 200 calories because I just smacked - still only 16g of carbs though.
I’m hoping things will calm down next week and I can start cutting down on calories (I want to lose about 50lb) but right now it’s so hard 😩

I know this sounds crazy but during the first week I really struggled with sweet cravings too so I did some googling and every time I fancy a mars bar I eat a pickled gherkin 😂😂 I know it’s mental but there is some science behind it as the sourness overpowers the need for sweet things in your brain!

I didn’t even like pickled gherkins and now I quite enjoy them ... on week 3 now and no sweet cravings what so ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 6