Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s good to know, they look munch! Any recommendations?

Day 6
Protein bread, poached egg and bacon
Chorizo Jalapeño cheese roll ups
Nduja sausage roll ups and cauliflower broccoli cheese

Reactions: 2
Made sweet waffles today 🤤

I used..
4 eggs
Splash vanilla extract
30g Erythritol
175g peanut butter
Pinch baking powder
Bit of salt
4 squares chopped dark chocolate

I used about 1/3 of that mixture for one waffle. It was soooo good. I’m loving the keto desserts available 💃

Has anybody thought about getting a ketone blood monitor? I was looking into it, the test strips are a bit expensive which puts me off 😕 but then I hear keto’ers say ‘I can’t eat __, it puts me out of ketosis’ and I think ahh!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I used..
4 eggs
Splash vanilla extract
30g Erythritol
175g peanut butter
Pinch baking powder
Bit of salt

I used about 1/3 of that mixture for one waffle. It was soooo good. I’m loving the keto desserts available 💃

Has anybody thought about getting a ketone blood monitor? I was looking into it, the test strips are a bit expensive which puts me off 😕 but then I hear keto’ers say ‘I can’t eat __, it puts me out of ketosis’ and I think ahh!
Oh wow impressive, so yum! 😋 I have just ordered the strips as it happens, £7.97 for 125 strips from Amazon along with the Electrolyte Plus so I am all pre-prepared x

I used..
4 eggs
Splash vanilla extract
30g Erythritol
175g peanut butter
Pinch baking powder
Bit of salt

The Keto desserts look so good

I havent, but I’ve noticed a lot of people use them, I guess if I stalled with my weight loss I might use them but for now I’m happy just sticking under 20g carbs

Hope it goes well when you tell them. I live with family at the moment too, but we never eat the same meals. Just be strong and tell them this is what you're going to be doing from now on :)

I was searching for some UK Keto Instagrammers and this lady is really good: https://www.instagram.com/ketoladyuk/
thank you so much! I was so nervous telling them (not 100% sure why, just didn’t want my mum to think I dont appreciate her meals and didn’t want them telling me it was a fad) but they were super interested! And when I told them my meal plan For the week and showed them potential health benefits from the Diet Doctor, they said they were interested too! So relieved and now excited to have their support.

so glad this thread is active, and thank you all for sharing what you’ve been eating it’s given me loads of inspiration! 👐🏻🤗

Oh wow impressive, so yum! 😋 I have just ordered the strips as it happens, £7.97 for 125 strips from Amazon along with the Electrolyte Plus so I am all pre-prepared x
also interested in these, can you let us know how you find them?? 😄

• Heart
I did a Keto detox plan for the past 2 weeks and we decided to reward ourselves with a Domino’s this evening ... big mistake! Now in agony and feel terrible! Back to chicken and veg tomorrow!

I lost 11lb though and it hasn’t been too hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
thank you so much! I was so nervous telling them (not 100% sure why, just didn’t want my mum to think I dont appreciate her meals and didn’t want them telling me it was a fad) but they were super interested! And when I told them my meal plan For the week and showed them potential health benefits from the Diet Doctor, they said they were interested too! So relieved and now excited to have their support.

so glad this thread is active, and thank you all for sharing what you’ve been eating it’s given me loads of inspiration! 👐🏻🤗

also interested in these, can you let us know how you find them?? 😄
Oh I am so glad they were supportive!!! Maybe they'll do Keto along with you 😊
Yes will do, here are the links to ones I ordered:

I did a Keto detox plan for the past 2 weeks and we decided to reward ourselves with a Domino’s this evening ... big mistake! Now in agony and feel terrible! Back to chicken and veg tomorrow!

Ahh the thing I am most worried about is eating out. I love Domino's 😢 Hope you feel better soon and well done to the 11Ib loss! 👏

Wowww well done on nearly a stone lost in 2 weeks! 😱 marvelous. Were you counting calories on Keto?

I used..
4 eggs
Splash vanilla extract
30g Erythritol
175g peanut butter
Pinch baking powder
Bit of salt

I’ve got a blood monitor, I got an inexpensive one and you can buy strips on eBay for £3 for 10. I don’t use it much, I hadn’t in ages until I started IF last week. Can’t find it on eBay at the moment though.

11lbs is an amazing loss well done! Hope you’re feeling better after the dominos - dominos is my weakness

Day 7
Carbzone bread, poached egg and 3 slices bacon
Chicken korma
2 jalapeño poppers and these little Serrano ham parcels from waitrose which look delightful

Did my workout this morning faster and it was a goodun! 320 calories burnt in 25 minutes.

I realised my waffle maker has lost its non stick now and is a big nightmare so I’ve Just ordered a new mini waffle maker 😀😀 can’t wait to make chaffles, I think the day it arrives will be burger night for me!!

Think I’ve just found my favourite quick meal.. I found this gorgeous smoked chicken sausage (only 0.5g carbs for 100g) and I fried it in a bit of sugar free maple syrup and served it with 15ml blue cheese dressing (1.5 g carbs for 15ml)... Literally HEAVEN! I’ve stocked up on my favourite blue cheese dressing 😚 it’s so good

I’ve been reflecting and I can’t help feeling so proud of myself. After years and years of sugar addiction, eating up to 100g sugar per day, even going back as far as I can remember to when I was a 10 year old and used to steal the chocolate chip packets from the baking cupboard and eat them by myself in my room 😳.. to go from that to now day 4 of less than 5g sugar every day, and to actually be enjoying it and eating delicious food. It’s a huge weight off for me 😭
I found this sausage!!! I got it today after reading this. Going to have it with egged scrambled in butter and mustard!! Wish I got blue cheese.

Also can’t remember if it was you who said about peanut butter on dark choc but i forgot to pick the PB up today and I’m gutted!

First day done!
had a spinach And bacon frittata for breakfast, a cheese string and a pepperoni for lunch and then for dinner I had takeout from a burrito bar (boyfriend submitted his dissertation!)... chorizo, chicken, lettuce and queso 😋😋

literally all my favourite foods and I feel so FULL. also drinking loads more water... I usually drink 2l minimum but today I’ve had 3.5l already 😳 I have also just developed a headache so going to up my salt tomorrow!

Reactions: 3
First day done!
had a spinach And bacon frittata for breakfast, a cheese string and a pepperoni for lunch and then for dinner I had takeout from a burrito bar (boyfriend submitted his dissertation!)... chorizo, chicken, lettuce and queso 😋😋

literally all my favourite foods and I feel so FULL. also drinking loads more water... I usually drink 2l minimum but today I’ve had 3.5l already 😳 I have also just developed a headache so going to up my salt tomorrow!
Well done 👏

I found this sausage!!! I got it today after reading this. Going to have it with egged scrambled in butter and mustard!! Wish I got blue cheese.

Also can’t remember if it was you who said about peanut butter on dark choc but i forgot to pick the PB up today and I’m gutted!
YUM! That sausage is sooo good.. I put a bit of maple syrup on it, got it from amazon for £4 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DT7VQDU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title - it says out of stock but then it was delivered like the next day)

Well my chicken korma was terrible, proper gutted 😂 won’t try that recipe again!

Found some really nice recipes on Pinterest, think I’ll give this one a go Wednesday
www.blondelish.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/cheesy-chicken-fritters-recipe-keto/

One week completed now!
Loving that recipe! I will have to try it too!

YUM! That sausage is sooo good.. I put a bit of maple syrup on it, got it from amazon for £4 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DT7VQDU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title - it says out of stock but then it was delivered like the next day)
Where can I purchase the smoked chicken sausage from? Thanks for the Maple Syrup link too 😃

Last edited: