Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got it from their website, I got a 10% discount searching lodough on Instagram

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm an avid follower of the keto diet 🙋🏼‍♀️

To give a bit of history, started "dirty" keto back in 2016 after myself and my husband had aome health issues. Combined with regular exercise I lost 4 stone over 8 months. Maintained for a year and then in 2018 had a bit of a mh breakdown. Piled all the weight back on and struggled last year to control my eating. Decided 2020 wasn't gonna be another year just written off so started vegetarian clean keto yesterday.

I've read alot about it's benefits, pit falls and issues so feel free to ask. Also there are some helpful links I can post.
I read maintained as marinated - basically sums me up! Well done tho.. encouraging story x

Since Tuesday I’m 5lbs down woo! I wanted to try and wait until Tuesday to do the first weeks weigh in and measurements but got inpatient 😁

Apologies for double posting but I made Chaffles for breakfast and they were fantastic
Go you!! Chaffles - wow! They look yummaaay.

I made some Mozzarella sticks today!

the recipe called for hard block of mozzarella but I just had the ball one so I basically cut 2 of them up and then squeezed as much water out with a paper towel. Then egg washed and coated in a mix of 45g almond flour plus some garlic powder and herbs. air fried them and served with Franks Buffalo sauce. 1.7 g carbs for each portion (4 portions in that recipe) They were all odd shapes but who cares 😋 they actually tasted like pizza!

Attachments

• Heart
Go you!! Chaffles - wow! They look yummaaay.

I made some Mozzarella sticks today!

the recipe called for hard block of mozzarella but I just had the ball one so I basically cut 2 of them up and then squeezed as much water out with a paper towel. Then egg washed and coated in a mix of 45g almond flour plus some garlic powder and herbs. air fried them and served with Franks Buffalo sauce. 1.7 g carbs for each portion (4 portions in that recipe) They were all odd shapes but who cares 😋 they actually tasted like pizza!
They look so good, doesn’t matter how they look if they taste nice!

Just walked to waitrose and got my 10,000 steps in and they had jalapeños 🙌 so I’ll be making some poppers tomorrow. Love waitrose, they had some great low carb bbq stuff and their mozzarella and burrata is buff, I also got some dark chocolate for snaccckks.

Day 5
Bacon and chaffles
Plum tomato, mozzarella and prosciutto skewers (5 plum tomatoes so 3g carbs)
Steak and swede chips with salad

First weekend of not drinking too actually which is nice, even if I’m not hungover the day after drinking always has me perusing the take away menus 🙄

Hi everyone. I've flirted with the idea of keto for a while and I think I'm going to take the plunge! I've lost weight beofr won a low carb diet so looking forward to it.
I've skipped to the end here so don't know if it's been mentioned but I've found a blogger on youtube called nicole burgess, I've been watching her for a bit she has recipes and has detailed her keto journey with weekly vlogs, might be helpful for. Some. Inspo x

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone. I've flirted with the idea of keto for a while and I think I'm going to take the plunge! I've lost weight beofr won a low carb diet so looking forward to it.
I've skipped to the end here so don't know if it's been mentioned but I've found a blogger on youtube called nicole burgess, I've been watching her for a bit she has recipes and has detailed her keto journey with weekly vlogs, might be helpful for. Some. Inspo x
Thanks for the recommendation, I am addicted to watching Keto what I eat in a day videos 🙈 I‘m on day 6 and really enjoying this, I’ve not had any cravings for sugar because of how delicious the Keto recipes are and I’ve also not had the dreaded ‘keto flu’!! (Been really on top of taking my electrolytes). If you are thinking of doing Keto you must watch ‘Ginger Keto in the UK’ videos, even though she’s a bit hard to understand and I have to put captions on, she really knows her stuff with regards to the science of Keto. I found a lot of it so interesting in understanding what the body is doing and why Keto is a good change etc!

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, I have just read this thread along with note taking (such great insight and info!). I am going to start Keto this Thursday as I want to finish the food I have already so it doesn't go to waste. Even though I have a good routine with food using the Weight Watchers app, I still feel sluggish and no weight loss at all, the scales haven't moved. I watched quite a few YouTube videos on Keto last night too and I can't wait to start! CarbManager is downloaded 🥳

I got it from their website, I got a 10% discount searching lodough on Instagram
Just checked the website and their pizza bases have sold out :cry: I will keep on checking until I see them back in stock and will order :)

Hi everyone, I have just read this thread along with note taking (such great insight and info!). I am going to start Keto this Thursday as I want to finish the food I have already so it doesn't go to waste. Even though I have a good routine with food using the Weight Watchers app, I still feel sluggish and no weight loss at all, the scales haven't moved. I watched quite a few YouTube videos on Keto last night too and I can't wait to start! CarbManager is downloaded 🥳

Just checked the website and their pizza bases have sold out :cry: I will keep on checking until I see them back in stock and will order :)
Welcome!! 😀 If you can’t get LoDough then the website Carb Zone has low carb tortilla wraps which look good! You could make a pizza out of them! They also do Keto Nutella 👀😳... but it’s £5 so I’ve found a recipe to try make my own 😂

I made a batch of Keto brownies earlier. Bloody gorge! My kid even loved them!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Welcome!! 😀 If you can’t get LoDough then the website Carb Zone has low carb tortilla wraps which look good! You could make a pizza out of them! They also do Keto Nutella 👀😳... but it’s £5 so I’ve found a recipe to try make my own 😂

Thank you! 😃 Oh wow, delicious! How did you make them and Keto Nutella...YES PLEASE! Will give a good browse on the Carb Zone website 😋

How lush does it sound! I’ve seen recipes use Macadamia nuts too which sounds even more delish. Keeps in the fridge for a good while as it’s got no dairy!

Going to do my next food shop at Iceland and it seems they have one of the best Keto food selections! (I love their frozen meat, always tastes lovely)

Here’s some of my selections...

*Cheese Coleslaw

* Mr Porky scratchings

*cauliflower rice steam bags and green rice steam bags

* salt & pepper chicken wings

*chicken and chorizo skewers

*frozen boneless chicken thighs. I always get these, make a beautiful curry

Last edited:
Starting Keto on Monday! I am so excited and reading here gives me even more motivation. I’ve put it off for months as I’ve moved back in with my mum and sister to save for a house deposit. I’m worried about always having to cook my own meals while my family have there’s and I hope they’re accepting. Going to tell them tomorrow, keep putting it off 😩

My wraps and bread arrived from carb zone today, will report back on how they are Sunday/Monday If you’re interested! Quite expensive so hopefully they’re worth it!

Keto brownies look lush, could you post the recipe please?

Glad this thread is active, helps keep me motivated checking in

• Heart

How lush does it sound! I’ve seen recipes use Macadamia nuts too which sounds even more delish. Keeps in the fridge for a good while as it’s got no dairy!

Going to do my next food shop at Iceland and it seems they have one of the best Keto food selections! (I love their frozen meat, always tastes lovely)

Here’s some of my selections...

*Cheese Coleslaw

* Mr Porky scratchings

*cauliflower rice steam bags and green rice steam bags

* salt & pepper chicken wings

*chicken and chorizo skewers

*frozen boneless chicken thighs. I always get these, make a beautiful curry
Thank you for the recipe, it looks pretty easy to make too and very lush 😋 Love your food list too, I am getting hungry just reading it! Looking forward to my food shop on Thursday even more now 😃

My wraps and bread arrived from carb zone today, will report back on how they are Sunday/Monday If you’re interested! Quite expensive so hopefully they’re worth it!
Fabulous! Yes please do let me know 🥳 Hopefully they'll be worth it 😃

Starting Keto on Monday! I am so excited and reading here gives me even more motivation. I’ve put it off for months as I’ve moved back in with my mum and sister to save for a house deposit. I’m worried about always having to cook my own meals while my family have there’s and I hope they’re accepting. Going to tell them tomorrow, keep putting it off 😩
My sister was a bit weird about it at first, but once she noticed the difference (especially my energy levels!) she was on board with the idea, though she'd never do keto herself :LOL:

Hope it goes well when you tell them. I live with family at the moment too, but we never eat the same meals. Just be strong and tell them this is what you're going to be doing from now on :)

I was searching for some UK Keto Instagrammers and this lady is really good: https://www.instagram.com/ketoladyuk/

Morning all, I’ve just had my protein bread and had to report back, it’s great! Obviously it’s not a thick bloomer but i would say the closest thing I can Compare it to is German/rye bread, lots of seeds, the main thing is I could have my poached egg and didn’t feel like I was missing out 😁

Woood also recommend checking out the lowcarbandketobakery on Instagram 🤤

Attachments

Morning all, I’ve just had my protein bread and had to report back, it’s great! Obviously it’s not a thick bloomer but i would say the closest thing I can Compare it to is German/rye bread, lots of seeds, the main thing is I could have my poached egg and didn’t feel like I was missing out 😁

Woood also recommend checking out the lowcarbandketobakery on Instagram 🤤
I've done several orders from LCKB, although I'm still waiting for one from April 19 and another from May 5, they're very busy at the moment.

Everything I've had has been delicious, though the cakes often arrive crumbled, not the fault of the company though, I don't think the couriers read the FRAGILE that's all over the boxes, and almond flour based cakes aren't as solid as typical cakes.