Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

truffletrot

VIP Member
Think I’ve just found my favourite quick meal.. I found this gorgeous smoked chicken sausage (only 0.5g carbs for 100g) and I fried it in a bit of sugar free maple syrup and served it with 15ml blue cheese dressing (1.5 g carbs for 15ml)... Literally HEAVEN! I’ve stocked up on my favourite blue cheese dressing 😚 it’s so good

I’ve been reflecting and I can’t help feeling so proud of myself. After years and years of sugar addiction, eating up to 100g sugar per day, even going back as far as I can remember to when I was a 10 year old and used to steal the chocolate chip packets from the baking cupboard and eat them by myself in my room 😳.. to go from that to now day 4 of less than 5g sugar every day, and to actually be enjoying it and eating delicious food. It’s a huge weight off for me 😭

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Nurseali

VIP Member
I love keto 🫶🏻 did it last year and lost 2 stone. I’ve mostly maintained but need to lose 6lbs to get back to what I was. 3 days in and 4lbs down. I also found how my aches and pains went away. The inflammation carbs caused me was real!

Facebook have a few great groups and found YouTube a great help.
I agree with Facebook groups. One is absolutely militant though, don't even allow sweeteners. If that's your thing great but I need my pepsi max to stay on track.
They have a higher turnover of regulars than the dirty keto groups as nobody can be that strict long term.

Nelly

I still do Keto, I started in November 2016, by June 2017, I lost 5 stone, I did a strict version of it, my only fats for energy were cheese, butter, nuts and avocado.

It was really hard at for the first 3 months, suffered from sleepless nights and headaches.

I ate, fish, white meat and once a fortnight a big juicy steak.

I cut out bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, all fruit and certain vegetables.

One cup of tea a day and then only water.

I take multi vitamins, plus vitamin C & D.

I walked 5 miles a day as my daily exercise.

I have kept the weight off, still do Keto 5 days a week, the other 2 days days I have carbs but only a small amount and they are wholemeal apart from the potatoes.

I still walk five miles a day and feel good about myself.

• Wow
  • Heart

Nurseali

VIP Member
I had to leave a group because they shamed me for using 1 teaspoon of soy sauce for 2 chicken breast 🤦🏻‍♀️ said soy sauce was a no no on keto and I should remove my post 🤣 this was after I’d lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months doing exactly what I was doing! Found some lovely sparkling lemon sodas in Aldi today, I enjoy the fact I have to really think about food rather than being lazy and grabbing a sandwich or something.
Honestly they are insane.
Sometimes I just fancy a pepperami or a 10g grams of carbs fuck the day treat. If I couldn't have that I think what is life really 😬

Chewingthefat

I’m back on keto after a couple of months off. I initially lost a stone and a half and have another stone to go.

What I love about keto is that my sugar levels are stable and I don’t have cravings or sugar crashes. And I’m never ravenously hungry. When I have carbs I’m always looking for my next fix! I don’t get that on keto.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Well it didn’t quite turn out like the picture above but the fried courgetti was lovely! You do have to watch it quite closely and I’d let it cool a little bit before eating but it tasted like fries.

day 11
Poached egg, bacon, low carb bread and butter
Cheeseburger pie, side salad and courgetti
Pepperami and a babybel

Attachments

Reactions: 4

Sabbie

VIP Member
Same. On strict keto (well it was Atkins when I did it), the higher the calories the easier the weight loss.

Thatgal4

Did so well doing keto in early January. For about a month I quit booze, prioritised protein, fasted and felt amazing. Lost a stone in a month. Then March I started drinking again gradually and can only seem to stick to keto for a few days at a time and this week I’m away and am completely off it. I tried my swimming costume on today and look terrible, almost like I never lost that stone. How can I regain the mindset I had in January! I find it so much harder not to drink in summer

Week 2
Average weight for the week: 11 st 6.1 lbs.

So 3.7 lbs down on last week's average.

Not bad. If I carry on at this rate then I should be at somewhere around 10 and a half stone by mid-Feb, at which time I'm hoping to switch to a diet that is more sustainable for me in the long term and also start proper cardio again.
Yay!! Awesome 👏

delightfullyfuked.

Chatty Member
Did so well doing keto in early January. For about a month I quit booze, prioritised protein, fasted and felt amazing. Lost a stone in a month. Then March I started drinking again gradually and can only seem to stick to keto for a few days at a time and this week I’m away and am completely off it. I tried my swimming costume on today and look terrible, almost like I never lost that stone. How can I regain the mindset I had in January! I find it so much harder not to drink in summer
I’ve restarted strict keto, 8 days down and I’ve lost 7lbs. You just have to do it, full force. I’m eating a lot of eggs/cheese/butter/chicken/pork.
today for breakfast I had left over chicken fried in butter with whisked eggs and cheese. I was the same as you, on a few days off a few and it just wasn’t working!

once the water weighed starts coming off its like a switch just goes off and it’s much easier to follow once you see results.
Do a meal prep chart. Stock up on good foods, cut out alcohol.

I haven’t had any booze for 2 weeks now but I’m out tomorrow so I know I’ll be drinking!! Can’t give up wine forever 🤣 carbs yes, wine no!

Nurseali

VIP Member
Hi. I have started keto again as I lost two stone a few years back then gradually my old habits came back. I then stopped smoking and have slowly gained most back

Been back on it a week and lost 6lbs but dropped a dress size already. I find it's getting back into it the hardest but I am not craving carbs and have had no sweet stuff either.
I look at all the fake cakes but find I am better just having no cakes at all. I eat strawberries if I fancy a sweet hit.
This is a great thread to keep us all motivated ☺

Nurseali

VIP Member
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was still here. I’ve just started low carb to manage my PCOS symptoms as they’re deliberating at the moment
I am still keto. Have been on and off for ages.
Starting low carb sounds like a plan. It can be a bit brutal going straight to keto

KfBr

VIP Member
I’ve lost 6lb since Monday 😁😁😁
Also, been to the doctors today regarding a pcos ultrasound I had last week. I told him I am doing Keto and he said it is the best thing I could ever do for myself and my ovaries!! By doing Keto, i could make all of my cysts go away and all my symptoms 🤯 so I am definitely on it now with Keto!
Good luck to all!!

• Heart

Cantdeal

Hi! An update...
Second week weigh in this morning and I've lost 2 pounds 🥳
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis :)

Cloak

VIP Member
On day three and I am feeling so snackish. I have been adding more fats to my meals but I still feel the urge to gorge on cookies and sweets and all those carb things!
did anyone else struggle with this in their first few days/weeks? I’ve planned out my day macro wise and by the end of the day I will be over by 200 calories because I just smacked - still only 16g of carbs though.
I’m hoping things will calm down next week and I can start cutting down on calories (I want to lose about 50lb) but right now it’s so hard 😩
I think: allow yourself this in the “transition period” as it IS hard not to, and you don’t want to fail at the first hurdle by being too hard on yourself. I’m the biggest snacker ever and I’ve found that it DOES actually get easier over time. Every diet I’ve done I’ve been very “all or nothing” but this is one of the few that I’ve actually felt like I can be a bit more balanced with it.

I’ve conquered my first keto birthday! And I drank 3 bottles of slim Prosecco 😂🙈 WAY over on calories, but still nailed my carb target, haha. Picnic in the park with slim Prosecco, deli meats, cheese, nuts and Cheesies 🐷

Gullri

VIP Member
I try to do keto again but I am not losing any weight. Last time I lost a lot. I ve read about this from other women nearing their 50s. I this week lost motivation after two months and ate a huge chocolate cake today 😮😐 For me ketosis gets so boring after a while. I never know what to eat and crave carbs. I will jump on the wagon again. Now when I am not in ketosis I feel like catching the moment and eating billions of carbs ☹ oh well just wanted to went a little! 🍗🌹

Cantdeal

Hi! Just checking in...
Had a good week, lost 2 pounds and in ketosis still :)
Trapped situation is a lot better, been drinking water more this week.
Hope you're all having a good week 😃

SkinnyTurkeyDinosaur

Ah I want to do this been watching videos about keto and have a friend who swears by it! I don't know I'm so on and off different diets all the time 🤣 this year I've done gluten free, 1200 calories, team tr, vegan, then I give up on them all a few weeks later. Anyone else like this 🤣 its a nightmare and my favourite foods are pizza, nuggets, chips, cheese toasties, kids food basically - hence my username my one true love ❤ I don't know I might give it a go who knows

• Heart

Sabbie

VIP Member
I probably jumped on your post unnecessarily. Apologies. If I see any talk asking about low fat versions of food I get twitchy. 😄 Actually, your choice of single cream isn’t a low fat version of anything. It’s still a natural food which I think is the most important when it comes down to it.

Though I have to (respectfully!) disagree about the “science of calories”. If the science of calories worked, the ‘diet’ industry wouldn’t be thriving for decades. Keto isn’t just about eating lots of healthy fats and hardly any carbs to keep us full and not overeat. It’s about being in ketosis (or close enough) and your body using but not storing fats for energy instead of carbs. Because of this screwed up society obsessed with counting calories for eons, this is probably exactly why 90% of us are sitting in this thread right now. Through my experience of losing just over 100lb on atkins/keto the more I thought about calories and tried to keep count (because for decades that’s what we’ve been indoctrinated to do) the faster my weight loss slowed. And by slow I am meaning stalled for months. Towards the end of my journey when I had less to lose, I had to eat way over the accepted ‘norm‘ of daily cals and the weight loss would kick back again. But that’s just my experience.

I’ll fully admit I haven’t read the ’rules’ of the latest fad keto diet (but read many other versions of it before ”keto” was the latest way to describe a low carb diet) and just stumbled across this thread as I have a stubborn low-ish amount of weight to lose but cannot eat dairy or nuts anymore so low carbing is much more difficult...hence the annoying weight gain. Or the gain could just be my hormones and screwed up thyroid in peri meno. Who knows? I actually have no clue what I weigh as I ditched the scales long ago because the fit of my clothes and my fitness is much more important than any number in my head dominating my life. The only numbers me and my doctor care about are my blood panels and BP. I did follow atkins and didn’t gorge on cream and cheese daily but easily ate way over 2000cals a day for years in the form of ‘healthy fats’ ie salad with avocado and eggs for breakfast, some kind of protein with a large plates of low carb vegetables for lunch and dinner and no restriction on added fats.

Anyway, I am babbling now. Thanks for the healthy and respectful chat about this! Happy to go private if you’d like to chat more so we don’t clog up this thread. Good luck with your journey! 🙂