Kerry Conway #2 New House Is A Dump, Married To A Lump, Dumb And Dumber Will Be Needing A Plumber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just skipped through the renovation vlog. She said she's not painting the pantry door because of the dust yet she's painting the living room and hallway.
I am guessing they wrecked the door they tried to move for the pantry hence having to buy new too, or realised their plan just wasn't going to work. Am going for the former though because Warren is one of these people that thinks everything is possible.

Which is another bit of expense they probably didn't think about!

Reactions: 3
Anyone think that maybe they have been made to leave the rental house which is why they have to move so quickly and rushed into a mortgage?
I don’t think so as it’s back up for rent on right move

I haven’t started the vlog but read the comments, interesting mix of excitable viewers and those rightly concerned about dust. Kerry has as good as said that it doesn’t need building regs sign off as the kitchen chimney will have a stud wall instead of brick... we’ll see!
We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I would be trying to put my foot down and delaying the move in until the bricks are removed and plaster has stopped drying. Dust everywhere and it is so, so drying, for your skin and your lungs! But Kerry says they don’t have a single speck. Pull the other one.
Also, why the heck are they painting with that amount of debris and dust floating around?

Im sat here in disbelief to be honest. The work they are doing to that house, just to put in a bloody cooker that Kerry wants. There are holes in the ceiling and the wall, so much rubble and dust. I honestly think its absolutely pointless for the reason behind it. We bought our first house a year ago and we moved straight in, luckily no work needed to be done, only decorating to our choice. I just cannot begin to imagine the stress i would be in, if i was Kerry right now with 3 girls. I think they should have done a good deep clean of the house, got the whole house re-carpeted and decorated maybe they moved in, no demolition or removing chimneys... just get in and get settled. Then in the future think about renovations, i honestly dont know where they are getting their money from. She couldn't afford new glasses a couple of weeks ago, how they must sleep at night with the amount of debt they now must be in. Also Warren hasn't been to work since they got the keys have they? He must get a lot of holiday ! This is just crazy, i really don't know why they didn't just move in and forget doing anything for now !!

Reactions: 7
Moving the loft hatch because you cant really get into it in the hallway? so how can you in the bedroom? they are making jobs for the sake of it jesus, they are annoying me so much

Reactions: 7
Yes!! Leave the hatch! They don’t have enough time to do all these plans to a good quality finish before moving in. Sure they can do stuff but it’s harder to finish it when you have young children around.

Reactions: 4
Oh yes the loft hatch, what a pointless job adding to the ever growing list of stuff they're doing. Also means if they were serious about a loft conversion, the stair case would likely be in sienna's room and reduce the size of that. When she was showing the 'workmen ?' in the loft, to me it didn't even look big enough to convert.

Like everyone else on here, I just cannot believe the mess they are getting themselves into.

Reactions: 5
Just read comments on the vlog. Shes saying it's okay because Roma wasnt there on the 'main days' ermmm.....dust doesn't just disappear Kerry, so regardless of that she is still breathing in dust and fumes whenever she is there. She claims they alternated taking her outside, when we've clearly seen her in the little bumbo seat or glued to Kerry's hip whilst she was painting!!!!!

Reactions: 8
Kerry using an odd bit of wood to get the debris out!! Laughable!!

I can’t believe she had the kids in there amongst the muck and while they were working!!!!!

• Wow
A million pounds ????? pretty sure it’s not any where near the same type house!! If it is then the owners of that million pound house must feel conned as they have spent £830k on 1 bedroom and no chimney

Attachments

• Haha
The million pound house hasn’t sold yet, and it’s grade II listed, detached, with a two bedroom cottage and parking for several cars. So yeah, bit different to a 3 bed terrace ?
Mid terance, looks ex council, no parking, and absolutely tiny!!!

• Haha
A million pounds ????? pretty sure it’s not any where near the same type house!! If it is then the owners of that million pound house must feel conned as they have spent £830k on 1 bedroom and no chimney
Someone has stated that's a listed building! So totally different from the ex council house!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She says in the comments that they’ve totally cleaned Aria’s room and the living room and there’s ‘not a spec of dust!’. I really, really hope that’s true. But considering her usual ‘cleaning’ is just using a detol wipe, I haven’t got high hopes.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They're both absolute imbeciles honestly.
"The builder or the chimney expert didn't think or mention that there would be a supporting wall behind here or above here"..

REALLY? really? I'm a bleeping beauty therapist and could have told them that ?‍♀
More likely they just didn't listen and heard what they wanted to.
Just been reading the comments on the video, lots of people pointing out the dust situation.
They seem to think the dust from 2 rooms has gone ? just because you hoover in the middle of a renovation doesn't mean it's gone kezza. Dust is in the air settling for weeks, you've got no skirting boards, and holes in the bloody wall and ceiling, more dust will spread. Not to mention Wazza and his mates stomping all around the "clean rooms" in their boots.

Sorry, I needed to get all that off my chest ?this is better than towie!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Shes annoying me so much. She can clearly keep them kids away from the house but she's choosing not to because she wants to be in there doing things too.
Now in her Instagram shes saying shes got parents evening tonight and won't have chance for a shower and shes covered in flecks of paint.. Really?! Its only 1pm and I'm sure Warren and other family members are around..
She wants people to think of her as some super woman who can do it all. Look after kids and house renovations in between all the bloody breastfeeding ?
She needs to get her priorities in order and just look after the kids. Leave the house to everyone else.

Reactions: 6
Shes annoying me so much. She can clearly keep them kids away from the house but she's choosing not to because she wants to be in there doing things too.
Now in her Instagram shes saying shes got parents evening tonight and won't have chance for a shower and shes covered in flecks of paint.. Really?! Its only 1pm and I'm sure Warren and other family members are around..
She wants people to think of her as some super woman who can do it all. Look after kids and house renovations in between all the bloody breastfeeding ?
She needs to get her priorities in order and just look after the kids. Leave the house to everyone else.
Doubt she’d have been showering before Parents Evening anyway. They’re not known for their cleanliness are they? ?

Reactions: 1
I've just watched the latest you tube video.
Cannot believe the grandma is bouncing the baby around in the room where they are painting and full of dust/holes in wall.
Why not just take her out the way in the pram at least?

Also I love they way the "chimney expert" has drawn a diagram of what to do on the wall.
Very professional

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She says in the comments that they’ve totally cleaned Aria’s room and the living room and there’s ‘not a spec of dust!’. I really, really hope that’s true. But considering her usual ‘cleaning’ is just using a detol wipe, I haven’t got high hopes.
It’s fine, she’ll have sent the robo-vac round ?

• Haha
Robo-vac will conk out very soon if they use it on those carpets. Industrial vacuums all the way!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.