Kelly...Kids and the Commute #3 Scared of her Kids, house is a mess. All she does is Decompress!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Describing her own child as the 'unreasonable one' ... nice

... and yet another day spent in the living room of doom in PJs

Reactions: 7
Describing her own child as the 'unreasonable one' ... nice

... and yet another day spent in the living room of doom in PJs
You would have thought given Kelly’s flexibility with her new “career” that an inset day is the PERFECT day to do something. All other kids are back in school so make the most of it - go to London, go to a quiet swimming session, anything - Why, why, why stay in that depressing lounge AGAIN for the whole day. It’s not even like she has a particularly nice home to hang out in. I think I’m right in saying the only thing the girls did between Saturday morning and what will be Tuesday morning is a swimming lesson which we all know last 20-30 minutes max.

Reactions: 11
You would have thought given Kelly’s flexibility with her new “career” that an inset day is the PERFECT day to do something. All other kids are back in school so make the most of it - go to London, go to a quiet swimming session, anything - Why, why, why stay in that depressing lounge AGAIN for the whole day. It’s not even like she has a particularly nice home to hang out in. I think I’m right in saying the only thing the girls did between Saturday morning and what will be Tuesday morning is a swimming lesson which we all know last 20-30 minutes max.
Exactly this. And that was on a weekend when the weather was actually nice and they could have done soo many things outside. I took my kids to kew Gardens on Friday, me and half of London, and it was brilliant, they did not stop all day!

Reactions: 2
Absolutely make the most of inset days!! The weather was crap first thing but brightened up by 11am. Pure laziness.

Reactions: 3
This painful drip drip drip of an extra 100 followers a day. Kelly, just put yourself on 100k followers or whatever it is you need to justify this “career pivot” and be done with it ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s always got so much “work” to do… like what work is this??

Reactions: 5
I can honestly hand on heart say I have never taken a snack to my daily school pick up, ever. And when I look around the playground i dont see any other parent handing out snacks to their kids either. Is this honestly a thing??

Reactions: 6
I can honestly hand on heart say I have never taken a snack to my daily school pick up, ever. And when I look around the playground i dont see any other parent handing out snacks to their kids either. Is this honestly a thing??
I have never done it! And I’ve never seen it done in 20 years of being a teacher … she has made those kids believe that they NEED snacks to get through daily life. There’s no correlation between snacks and being hungry, they just treat snacks like breathing or blinking - something that happens naturally without thought!

Reactions: 4
I have this argument with my 6yo regularly (less often now she’s older tbf, it was more a thing when she first started school last year). I’ve never taken her a snack but she likes to claim that everyone else’s mum does. I think around a third of parents I see do immediately thrust food at their children when they get out of school, but it’s less than half. When she claims that everyone is eating I just start pointing out all the people who aren’t.

Reactions: 3
Same here. Even when the kids were in reception. I don’t see any snacks at pick up either.
---
Still promoting Scamp and Dude for free with that monstrosity of a coat,

Reactions: 2
I always take snacks to be fair to primary pick up. She’s always hungry but would cope if I didn’t for sure.

Not my son at secondary school.

Reactions: 1
I sometimes do, sometimes don't. Today I didn't as I left home rushing to school and forgot. They asked, I said I don't have any, no drama.

Reactions: 4
I definitely see snacks at pick up, similar to @Virago I reckon under half of parents have them. I sometimes take one, sometimes not. Often my daughter is on her scooter so doesn't have a hand free to eat anyway. I believe that Kelly does live a fair distance from school so maybe an apple or something to munch on the way home would be reasonable, but I don't get the whole 'wrong snack' thing being such a big issue.

My autistic/ADHD daughter always becomes dysregulated if she doesn’t have a snack after school and that’s fine because school is a huge deal for her and it’s a comfort and something to fill her up when she struggles to manage food at school. It could be that Abi is neurodivergent. There are a few signs- food aversions, meltdowns etc. I know lots of young children behave like this but it’s possible.

Reactions: 7
The only time I do is when I pick my 11 yo girly from school, and she’s going straight into quite intense netball training for a couple of hours. Otherwise, she’ll maybe have a banana when she gets in. Teenager has ways and means to pop into the shop on his way home 😂

Kelly is not ageing well and no amount of makeup can hide that. Is this really the “dream career”?