Keelin Moncrieff (Keemon)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how is she studying accounting? is she doing open uni or something
Must be or else a private college like Griffith college or DBS as they're tge only ones who have distance learnering degrees, she said it'll take a couple of years so its definitely a Bachelors.

Reactions: 3
its the oxford online learning scheme, its a level 3 diploma, not a degree and its short. she said so in her 19 weeks preg vlog on tiktok.

Reactions: 2
how is she studying accounting? is she doing open uni or something
I thought that was so random when she said it in her video lol. I didn't know she liked numbers/ had an interest in finance. I hope she will stick out the course, would be a great certification to have.

I don't know why she needs to say her Dads living "near Killbarrick" , maybe its just because I'm from the area but I'm sure people know where Bayside is. Its not even like its a really posh area or anything.

its the oxford online learning scheme, its a level 3 diploma, not a degree and its short. she said so in her 19 weeks preg vlog on tiktok.
Ohh right maybe I misinterpreted her YT video as she said it would take a couple of years in the video. Still if she has the time and she has an intrest it'll be great for her future.

Maybe she just said that for her dad's privacy, tbf I think it was a very stupid idea for her to say where both her parents live anyway

Reactions: 7
Ohh right maybe I misinterpreted her YT video as she said it would take a couple of years in the video. Still if she has the time and she has an intrest it'll be great for her future.
The way she talked about how she had never looked at college as somewhere you go to learn a skill to make you more employable before either. I think that part of the video was probably one of the most privileged things I've heard.

Reactions: 14
can you get a work from home job with accounting? what kind of jobs are they? i always thought accounting jobs would be in an office which i know keelin hates and i hate myself tbh, but if you could get an accountihg technician job work from home id so do it. but im unsure if there are many work from home jobs like that unless you set up your own business which iw ouldnt like to do, not in accounting anyway

Reactions: 1
can you get a work from home job with accounting? what kind of jobs are they? i always thought accounting jobs would be in an office which i know keelin hates and i hate myself tbh, but if you could get an accountihg technician job work from home id so do it. but im unsure if there are many work from home jobs like that unless you set up your own business which iw ouldnt like to do, not in accounting anyway
Definitely not at entry level especially with the diploma she gets, if she manages to find a job in her first 2-3 years she'll essentially have to be supervised and trained.

The only scenario I could see would be if she was working a hybrid model and doing part time "book-keeping" for family/friends small businesses.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Even though people rag on accounting it’s actually pretty competitive nowadays if you wanna be paid a decent amount, I know most accounting firms want a strong educational background and smaller firms will at least want a bit of experience. She should really try to sort her internet footprint out too because you literally google Keelin Moncrieff and it’s like articles about her onlyfans and her talking about microdosing etc

Reactions: 10
I never would have put Keelin and accounting together. Seems like chalk and cheese
she says she could never do an office job or 9-5 so not sure why she would pursue accounting tbh unless it’s just so she can do her own taxes ? but then surely she she won’t be self employed for much longer anyway as she said she wants to quit in a couple years time

I think it's to do her own taxes as she's self employed, not to get a job in one of the big 4 lol

Reactions: 4
It’s a good thing to have done even if she doesn’t actually go into accountancy. If nothing else it’ll be great to have a finished course on her cv assuming she completes it.

I imagine it also provides something to do otherwise it seems she spends a fair bit of time in a bed room waiting for Jason and it’s so easy to get cabin fever.

I think like we are assuming too much, like how much does Keelin fully think things through ever? she did say on tiktok first the accounting was just for her own content, I think she just wants to do something profitable with her time and doesn't know where to start, and that's fair enough. I think she is feeling guilty over her not working while Jason slaves away. Really in our generation it's only fair for both partners to have jobs and mostly its a necessity, being a stay at home parent isn't financially possible anymore, theres 0 chance of a mortgage. I think she also feels like a burden in the parents houses and knows she should've got a job to avoid living on top of them. I'm sure the parents told her to grow up and do something normal too.

• Sad
im surprised she is planning to be a stay at home mum to be honest, i wouldve thought she would hate the whole ~nuclear family~ traditional setup she always talks about. idk im just surprised shes happy relying on her boyfriend financially bc lets face it its not like her social media is raking in the money

Reactions: 8
I think like we are assuming too much, like how much does Keelin fully think things through ever? she did say on tiktok first the accounting was just for her own content, I think she just wants to do something profitable with her time and doesn't know where to start, and that's fair enough. I think she is feeling guilty over her not working while Jason slaves away. Really in our generation it's only fair for both partners to have jobs and mostly its a necessity, being a stay at home parent isn't financially possible anymore, theres 0 chance of a mortgage. I think she also feels like a burden in the parents houses and knows she should've got a job to avoid living on top of them. I'm sure the parents told her to grow up and do something normal too.
I've heard quite a bit of the opposite recently where childcare is so expensive that it can completely wipe out one parent's salary and then some and it makes more financial sense for one of them to stay home to care for the child. What are the costs like in Ireland?

I've heard quite a bit of the opposite recently where childcare is so expensive that it can completely wipe out one parent's salary and then some and it makes more financial sense for one of them to stay home to care for the child. What are the costs like in Ireland?
yeah but childcare is only going to be that price for pre-school since ofc primary and up is free. My family who have young kids just get their parents and aunties to mind their kids while they themselves work part time. It's still a luxury to be able to stay at home. Typically a creche or montessori is €360 a week as far as i know if they are minded for 5 days, and its free for two years as part of that early learning scheme. Usually people in Ireland would be earning far higher wages than that before considering having the child, if they plan on using childcare. Really if Keelin was being financially sensible should wouldn't have gotten into this situation. Jason realistically is earning under €20,000 a year, no way they can afford just him working.

Its not as bad as the UK I think its 10k a year full-time, minnumuim wage is 19500k per year so it could still be worth there while.

She did say though it might be in a couple of years so possibly when the kids in school.

Also in her youtube video she said she would be going on maternity allowance and not making baby content. It sounds like she'll be taking atleast 6 months off from YT.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.