Keelin Moncrieff (Keemon)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah i could probably understand her situation moreso if she got pregnant by accident but this was fully planned. she will probably say it wasnt now but it 100% was looking back at her videos. she seems very happy to be pregnant which is great and im sure shell be a great mother but i think shes happy moreso because it gives her a sense of stability, but that shouldnt come from a child.

Reactions: 10
I don't think her parents are giving her as much support as she had expected they would. Like they're letting her live with them but the pressure is obviously on her to find her own place and neither of them caved in and took the cat. I think she expected she would just land back from London, move into her mums and everyone would swarm around her and take care of her because she's pregnant. The whole idea, sure who could say no to a pregnant lady. But it seems if that was her plan, then it hasn't worked out.

Reactions: 19
She should have never got missy, as heartless as that sounds. She said her old landlord was ignoring her and its probably because he/she didn't want to provide a reference after she brought a cat into a no-pets property. She talked about how missy kept waking up her and her housemates too. I've lived with housemates for 4 years now and I would honestly throw a fit if one of them randomly got a cat and moved their boyfriend in all of a sudden. If her stepmum is allergic to cats thats a fully valid excuse for not wanting Missy there, and yet Keelin's response is to cry in a youtube video about it probably to guilt trip her and her family. Same thing with her mum, her mum text her about not liking the cat and she puts it on her public instagram story. At the end of the day she doesn't have her own house or place to live, she can't expect everyone to do what SHE wants without contributing anything. Also I get that she's pregnant but she is acting like a spoilt child.

Reactions: 16
She should have never got missy, as heartless as that sounds. She said her old landlord was ignoring her and its probably because he/she didn't want to provide a reference after she brought a cat into a no-pets property. She talked about how missy kept waking up her and her housemates too. I've lived with housemates for 4 years now and I would honestly throw a fit if one of them randomly got a cat and moved their boyfriend in all of a sudden. If her stepmum is allergic to cats thats a fully valid excuse for not wanting Missy there, and yet Keelin's response is to cry in a youtube video about it probably to guilt trip her and her family. Same thing with her mum, her mum text her about not liking the cat and she puts it on her public instagram story. At the end of the day she doesn't have her own house or place to live, she can't expect everyone to do what SHE wants without contributing anything. Also I get that she's pregnant but she is acting like a spoilt child.
The part of that video about her stepmum being allergic rubbed me the wrong way. I can't imagine that Keelin didn't already know that she was allergic, and it made it sound like Keelin asked if Missy could live with them anyway. crappy of her to put her family on the spot like that.

Reactions: 6
Accidents happen, but she’s known she was pregnant for long enough now to actually get another income, the boyfriend could take on another job possibly bar work in the evenings, 4 sources of income instead of 2 is simple for them. Also increases the chances of them getting a deposit for a mortgage, or even enough for a rental deposit in a competitive market. I still think they’ll buy a caravan etc and live on a trailer park tho

Reactions: 5
Jason already works full time in his job, another job wouldn’t work for him

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Less about Jason getting a second job on top of the 40 hours a week he's already working. Maybe she should have gotten even just a part time job? I doubt she's spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week making content.

Reactions: 8
she's 20 weeks right?? that's not a lot of time left to get themselves together before the baby arrives

Reactions: 2
Less about Jason getting a second job on top of the 40 hours a week he's already working. Maybe she should have gotten even just a part time job? I doubt she's spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week making content.
How do we know there’s a money issue? Was it mentioned in one of her videos or something?

she has no experience and shes already halfway due so no one would hire her realistically. i don't think you can also legally live in a caravan park in Ireland, I used to work in one as a teen and they legally have to close for so many months of the year because its for holidays only and not living in. I'd say she will end up in another county since she wanted to live in the countryside anyway

Reactions: 4
first time posting but the renting situation hits way too close to home. she should have never gotten her cat knowing how difficult it is to find a place to live that accepts animals. that is a reality of the renting market now in england and ireland, and it is horrible, i know myself not being able to have a pet right now but i also know it would be my fault and responsibility if that poor animal had nowhere to go because of my foolish decisions. i hope missy can be well taken care of and have some stability.

keelin has no idea how lucky she is in so many ways. i’ve finally been able to secure accommodation after emailing relentlessly since january, forced to move out due to a volatile home life, the properties are gone within hours of being uploaded and when working full time it’s incredibly difficult to go to viewings before the house is gone. keelin has literally nothing better to do than sit scrolling through daft every day to have the best chance of getting a place to live.

i don’t know how nobody in her life has ever given her a strong heartfelt reality check, how her family can watch her say things like assuming she’ll easily find a house for them to buy without a care in the world. i wish her the best and i feel bad because i don’t think she realised how difficult things would be but god, it’s so upsetting seeing someone with so much more support than you and so many people to fall back on act the way that she does.

Reactions: 9
How do we know there’s a money issue? Was it mentioned in one of her videos or something?
Raising a baby and living in Dublin isn't cheap. Especially if the two of them want to get a place to live on their on. Most people, even those who would be considered to be in good financial situations still have to house share with 4 or 5 others. And they don't even need to factor in the cost of a baby.

Reactions: 4
first time posting but the renting situation hits way too close to home. she should have never gotten her cat knowing how difficult it is to find a place to live that accepts animals. that is a reality of the renting market now in england and ireland, and it is horrible, i know myself not being able to have a pet right now but i also know it would be my fault and responsibility if that poor animal had nowhere to go because of my foolish decisions. i hope missy can be well taken care of and have some stability.

keelin has no idea how lucky she is in so many ways. i’ve finally been able to secure accommodation after emailing relentlessly since january, forced to move out due to a volatile home life, the properties are gone within hours of being uploaded and when working full time it’s incredibly difficult to go to viewings before the house is gone. keelin has literally nothing better to do than sit scrolling through daft every day to have the best chance of getting a place to live.

i don’t know how nobody in her life has ever given her a strong heartfelt reality check, how her family can watch her say things like assuming she’ll easily find a house for them to buy without a care in the world. i wish her the best and i feel bad because i don’t think she realised how difficult things would be but god, it’s so upsetting seeing someone with so much more support than you and so many people to fall back on act the way that she does.
in fairness her mam said she was being foolish to think of having a baby in an older video, and she said in the Q&A for parenting that her dad wasn't happy about her pregnancy. Shes also said shes been kicked out of the house a lot as a teen. I think her parents have just given up because she doesn't give in and always expects her way or throws a tantrum and posts mean things about them online to shame them. She posted a poem about her dad that he got her to take down since she was oversharing and ruining his reputation for work. Like a lot of us just know her online persona, I think she's honestly a huge witch irl - I was workmates with her ex bf and he had a lot to say about her 👁👁 (she mentions in her videos herself that she cheated on him). I get so upset with this pregnancy stuff because I had to have an abortion due to solely my financial situation and I live with the guilt everyday - but I would feel even worse if it was born and it live a horrible life moving house to house with no stable school, home or friends, and it sickens me that Keelin is having a child out of pure selfish reasons, and forcing everyone to pay for her. It's a disgusting dynamic for a kid to grow up in. Kids can tell from a young age when they're a burden. And I don't want to only target her, Jason is just as bad going along with it, however he can't force her to not have a child so idk the situation. She said "I want to give my child what I didnt have growing up" thats literally what child beauty pageant mams say

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She said that the houses go really quick or the ones still available have mould etc and aren’t suitable for a baby. Fair enough but she has nothing to do other than look for a house snd obviously their budget can’t be that high if she’s looking at mouldy properties lol so she really needs to step it up. She’s literally moved from London which is very expensive too so surely she should have realized if she couldn’t afford a baby there she wouldn’t be able to afford one in Dublin either.

Reactions: 8
Idk if this is a silly question but as an Irish citizen would she have been entitled to free NHS care? Maybe that was part of wanting to go back home?

Though if that has no bearing it's a wonder they didn't think about moving somewhere more rural but still UK to have the baby.

Idk I can imagine wanting to be close to family though

Idk if this is a silly question but as an Irish citizen would she have been entitled to free NHS care? Maybe that was part of wanting to go back home?

Though if that has no bearing it's a wonder they didn't think about moving somewhere more rural but still UK to have the baby.

Idk I can imagine wanting to be close to family though
no she would have been given free NHS care. as part of the good Friday Agreement, Irish citizens in the UK have almost as many privileges as UK citizens, we can even vote there. My partner isn't even an Irish citizen and we lived in the UK before and during Brexit and he got free NHS care too. I think she was just lonely, I personally hate London too and would take anywhere in Ireland over it any day

no she would have been given free NHS care. as part of the good Friday Agreement, Irish citizens in the UK have almost as many privileges as UK citizens, we can even vote there. My partner isn't even an Irish citizen and we lived in the UK before and during Brexit and he got free NHS care too. I think she was just lonely, I personally hate London too and would take anywhere in Ireland over it any day
Thank you for the insight! :) Agreed I only like London in small doses myself

I haven't checked this thread in months and it is shocking to discover her situation.

Imagine being born with so much privileges and constant help from your entourage yet choosing to get pregnant in your mid 20s in the middle of one of the worst financial situation in history.

If I was her parents I would feel so disappointed that Keelin not only chose to ruin her life but to bring another human with her is worse.

I have friends who earn 100k in Dublin and they are just getting back financially betwee renting and paying 1200€ for childcare. There is no way that her partner and her will make it on their own. They will have to either live with their parents or get out of Dublin.

Reactions: 6
the thing is i think keelin is very capable and smart. however, she has this spoilt mentality of being "above" a normal life and looks down on it. she "could never" work a 9-5, in her own words. she clearly thought she was above going to college as she dropped out of 2 very expensive colleges. she's above those who buy fast fashion even though she accepted an urban outfitters sponsorship and buys it herself. she got a cat because she wanted one and thought she was above following rent guidelines.

she's trashed her dad and her exes on numerous occasions and clearly thinks she's somehow morally superior to them and everyone around her. shes literally stuck in that phase when you're like 14 & you think you're going to be some rich creative nomad floating through life and everything will fall into place because you're so special. most people grow out of it and keelin hasn't. it wouldnt be so annoying if she wasnt throwing such a pity party for herself 24/7

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.