Keelin Moncrieff (Keemon)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so she was living with her dad for 3 or 4 months earning 5k and not paying any rent and literally cried on youtube about it for sympathy? most people would LOVE to be in that position talk about tone deaf

Reactions: 25
I assume it’s 5k a month before tax. So an annual salary of 60k. Take home pay of €3,200 or thereabouts.

Either way, I’m impressed. Fair play to her.

Reactions: 4
Why would you be impressed? It's total bullshit that she gets paid that much for much for doing nothing. My friend's who are the same age as her who are nurses are barely surviving let alone buying new clothes like her all the time.

Reactions: 17
I find it impossible to believe her income because every other youtuber I've seen discussing how much they get per video says it's supposed to be $500 per 500,000 views ??? How could she not afford a livable apartment because that 1 bed isn't enough space for a baby and a cat to live comfortably, she makes everything come across like she has to skrimp and save? she also mentioned about her getting a social worker after a baby if you're a low income household, and getting HAP (but "choosing" not to take it 🙄) you can't be earning that much and be entitled to HAP.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I don't believe she earns that much 😹 . Maybe there was one month where she earned 5k but I doubt her annual income is 5*12 🤭. If she really does earn that much her moaning is embarrassing.

Why would you be impressed? It's total bullshit that she gets paid that much for much for doing nothing. My friend's who are the same age as her who are nurses are barely surviving let alone buying new clothes like her all the time.
I know this sounds crazy but... Keelin might not actually be responsible for the devaluing of labour in Irish society! 😂

The problem isn't influencers. I work in a company where there are several people in largely decorative jobs on shitloads of money, on probably 5 times what Keelin's on, and no one seems to care even though it's actually insane. Honestly at least Keelin is entertaining and she puts herself out there. Her videos are a real highlight of the week for me in my miserable life and I watch them for free. I think if she's on that wage (€60k after tax would be less than €35k btw), fair play to her. Because she doesn't do a Patreon and appears to be making that money purely off the product placements on Youtube.

I find it impossible to believe her income because every other youtuber I've seen discussing how much they get per video says it's supposed to be $500 per 500,000 views ??? How could she not afford a livable apartment because that 1 bed isn't enough space for a baby and a cat to live comfortably, she makes everything come across like she has to skrimp and save? she also mentioned about her getting a social worker after a baby if you're a low income household, and getting HAP (but "choosing" not to take it 🙄) you can't be earning that much and be entitled to HAP.
Could you provide any timestamps/link for those HAP comments? While they sound outrageous and tone deaf, I'd like to see what context she was discussing them in.

Perhaps the HAP comment was about how she's about to go on maternity and essentially go on state maternity benefit as I'd imagine her agency probably doesn't do an additional maternity benefit wage top up. Which actually would put her and her partners wage under the threshold for HAP.

Thank you! And well said.

I know this sounds crazy but... Keelin might not actually be responsible for the devaluing of labour in Irish society! 😂

The problem isn't influencers. I work in a company where there are several people in largely decorative jobs on shitloads of money, on probably 5 times what Keelin's on, and no one seems to care even though it's actually insane. Honestly at least Keelin is entertaining and she puts herself out there. Her videos are a real highlight of the week for me in my miserable life and I watch them for free. I think if she's on that wage (€60k after tax would be less than €35k btw), fair play to her. Because she doesn't do a Patreon and appears to be making that money purely off the product placements on Youtube.

Could you provide any timestamps/link for those HAP comments? While they sound outrageous and tone deaf, I'd like to see what context she was discussing them in.

Perhaps the HAP comment was about how she's about to go on maternity and essentially go on state maternity benefit as I'd imagine her agency probably doesn't do an additional maternity benefit wage top up. Which actually would put her and her partners wage under the threshold for HAP.
Because she’s carved out a career (I use the term loosely) where she does about 20 hours work a week and earns a decent wage, where she doesn’t need to leave the house to do so and she can make her own hours.To me, that’s impressive, and it’s ok if it’s not to you.

Summing up what @roseoftralee said, Keelin is not responsible for the devaluing of the Irish labour market. She earns a decent wage from doing very little, and at the same time we can be upset and disgusted and wanting change in how skilled or necessary workers like doctors and nurses are compensated. Two realities can exist at once.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
i dont care about how much she earns, i have no issue with it. plenty of people get overpaid for jobs, thats just the way it is. but her woe is me my life is so hard i had to live with my rich dad for 3 months god im just so crazy having a baby with no life plan shtick is ridiculous and tone deaf.

Reactions: 14
it's seriously not that deep, none of this matters, each of our opinions are equally unimportant. if anything she's a figment of our collective imaginations as viewers. no one knows what's actually going on with her nor does it really matter, people just like to witch on a meaningless thread like myself. no one makes keelin look at this

Reactions: 8
it's seriously not that deep, none of this matters, each of our opinions are equally unimportant. if anything she's a figment of our collective imaginations as viewers. no one knows what's actually going on with her nor does it really matter, people just like to witch on a meaningless thread like myself. no one makes keelin look at this
Actually, in my opinion, my opinion is really important. :p I find it interesting as well overall reflecting on many of the threads here how people complain about what influencers earn and how they're intentionally not watching their stuff so as to not finance them. But Tattle drives people towards their content, so even if you don't watch their stuff by discussing them you create drive and interest towards their content. So even as a hater you end up a consumer. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. Also please use my code roseoftralee22 to get a discount on Wild deodorant.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
its ironic because she used to talk about how she was earning loads back in the day and saying she would buy a big house for her family in dublin

life comes at u fast

Reactions: 3
what got me about her response to that tiktok was that she is someone who frequently cries on the internet about how she has no friends, v quick to project that accusation onto people who shitpost about her

what got me about her response to that tiktok was that she is someone who frequently cries on the internet about how she has no friends, v quick to project that accusation onto people who shitpost about her
exactly, why would i talk to my friends about her?? theyd just be like umm ok lmao its such a stupid comment to make that everyone on a gossip forum has no friends, especially since she clearly posts on here herself

• Heart
Reactions: 11
she is such a hypocrite!!! I like her but jesus keelin you are so problematic.

Reactions: 2
looked on playboard since she mentioned deleting some videos and saw these tags wtf
View attachment 1354847
I'm not sure if I should be pissed at Keelin or the current society that we live in that led to her doing this.

Also I guess it confirms what I've started to realise in that she really doesn't care about anything that doesn't benefit her own self intrests.

If she is earning that serious money surely it makes sense for her dad to let her stay until they get mortgage approved and buy somewhere and get set up for life, not rent which is dead money and then the worry of being put out, rent rising etc.
It doesn't add up to me.

She said in her newest YT vid that she earned nothing this month, then she will be getting a payslip for 5k next month and 6k the month after. So her income isn't consistent at all?

On tiktok she said she earned 5k a month, so thats where the discrepancy is, one platform she says one thing and something else on another

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.