Kay Burley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kay Burley first came to my attention when she told relatives of the then missing April Jones the news there was evidence she’d been killed live on air. Horrific woman.

She was positively gleeful while reporting on the morning of Grenfell.

I try not to watch sky much anyway but I’ll absolutely turn over when she comes on screen.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Kay Burley first came to my attention when she told relatives of the then missing April Jones the news there was evidence she’d been killed live on air. Horrific woman.
Oh, I remember that. I think it was a mother and son who were some of the many volunteers searching for April, just coming back to the village hall for refreshments or something.

She also reduced Peter André to tears live on air, asking if it was true that Pwicy's cross dressing husband was adopting Junior and Princess.

Reactions: 4
I swear Beth rigby does it on purpose, the first word in her package about the Ukrainine war: Wadin' 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I get sick of the way people like Burley abuse the freedom of the press. They make me want them to have some restrictions put on them even though in reality that would be a terrible idea.

Reactions: 3
I think, also, that news is far too opinion based now. Another thing is it’s far too graphic. There are a lot of, sometimes gory, details we really don’t need informed of, especially before the watershed.

Reactions: 6
I think, also, that news is far too opinion based now. Another thing is it’s far too graphic. There are a lot of, sometimes gory, details we really don’t need informed of, especially before the watershed.
We know too much about journalists personalities and personal lives. When they become the story, as they constantly seem to make sure of, it takes away from real news too much. Would love to go back to the 1980s and previous where this did not tend to be the case.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone else notice Kay call Camilla “Camilly” in yesterday’s Coronation coverage?! Really made me laugh!

• Heart
  • Haha
Yes I did!

I really don't know why she is always on screen at such important occasions. She invariably makes clumsy mistakes/faux pas. There was a Covid "joke" re Sir Chris Whitty's attendance as well.

Yes I did!

I really don't know why she is always on screen at such important occasions. She invariably makes clumsy mistakes/faux pas. There was a Covid "joke" re Sir Chris Whitty's attendance as well.
I didn’t see that bit, she bumbles along and makes mistakes!!

Reactions: 1
She completely ruined Sky's coverage for me. Banging on about Camilla and what happened 25 years ago and repeatedly mentioning Harry. She's obsessed with him.

I like Anna Botting who always seems measured and approachable. Jayne Secker too. Vast improvements on Burley's fake camaraderie with" her " viewers.

I didn’t know Burley had a thread. She ruined the whole coronation on sky news. Why on earth did they pick her! Out of all the presenters it had to be her. You could even tell Joanna Lumley was done with her for asking private questions about how she knows KC & QC.

At least she had a "rest" from presenting today.Fingers crossed for the rest of the week too

What on earth does this woman have on someone at Sky to still be employed there?? Or with any news channel for that matter. Awful presenter, horrendously rude interviewer. All she wants is to hear her own voice constantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What on earth does this woman have on someone at Sky to still be employed there?? Or with any news channel for that matter. Awful presenter, horrendously rude interviewer. All she wants is to hear her own voice constantly.
She is truly awful I cant watch her and sophie ridge is another irritant.

Reactions: 5
Shes a foul individual.

Yel

I wish there was a way to only view twitter where people have added notes, it's the best thing on the platform.
Screenshot_20231005_191542_X.jpg

Reactions: 2