Kay Burley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kay Burley and Sky News are vultures. A little girl disappeared from our street, over night Sky News and the rest of the media landed in our street and Martin Brunt done a report right outside the girls house! So disrespectful.
I'd be tempted to stand there shouting "duck off" in the background so they could use the footage.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Can't believe she's back in the studio this morning...but dressed in black and "subdued" (for her).

Haven't heard any mention of Nicola Bulley yet. Being named and shamed live on air will have ruffled many feathers at Sky HQ hopefully.

Reactions: 6
Looks like Burley has decided if they want privacy, she won't mention Nicola at all.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Sky has to explain itself to ofcom. Have to say I thought the programme on Friday morning with Kay was in seriously bad taste.

Reactions: 7
I presume that's why sky news are ignoring it and not saying sorry or anything until the report has been done by ofcom.

Taking Kay off air would maybe be seen as an admission of wrong doing.

Let's hope it doesn't move at a glacial speed.

Reactions: 2
I bet Sky come up with a different version of events. A sort of "recollections may vary" perspective. Is Inzamam Rashid still active on social media or has he been put on gardening leave, I wonder?

It sounds like itv are blaming Inzamam Rashid and sky news saying they only contacted for a quote after he announced on sky that he was in contact with the family and gave him a message.
---
On Sunday, when Bulley’s body had been found but not yet identified, much of the media carried quotes from Ansell about the family’s agony that were attributed to Sky News.

He was quoted as saying: “No words right now, just agony. We’re all together, we have to be strong,” in a text to Sky News correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who the broadcaster said had been in contact with the family throughout the three-week search.

Press Gazette understands that ITV News contacted Bulley’s family on Monday morning, after the quote to Sky News had been broadcast and led them to believe the family was willing to speak. The family declined to say anything further and ITV News journalists have not contacted them again since.

Reactions: 4
It sounds like itv are blaming Inzamam Rashid and saying they only contacted for a quote after he announced on sky that he was in contact with the family and gave him a message.
---
On Sunday, when Bulley’s body had been found but not yet identified, much of the media carried quotes from Ansell about the family’s agony that were attributed to Sky News.

He was quoted as saying: “No words right now, just agony. We’re all together, we have to be strong,” in a text to Sky News correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who the broadcaster said had been in contact with the family throughout the three-week search.

Press Gazette understands that ITV News contacted Bulley’s family on Monday morning, after the quote to Sky News had been broadcast and led them to believe the family was willing to speak. The family declined to say anything further and ITV News journalists have not contacted them again since.

No doubt he'll be the scapegoat but KB deserves the same level of criticism and disciplinary action should be the same for both.

Reactions: 4
I hadn't really noticed him before this. Both him and Kay accosted a local on Friday morning too. The man said he'd made a full statement to the police, they kept him in conversation on a live broadcast, that man then had various accusations thrown at him via social media. Sky news know exactly what they're doing, they knew speculation was rife, they threw very ordinary people into their game.
Other stations should have been mentioned too though, particularly ch5. Why not? Maybe they will be in due course.

She also broadcasted yesterday with a graveyard in the background. How tasteless and ghoulish. They know exactly what they are doing! What can Ofcom do?
Kay is also deleting comments on her Instagram page

I wouldn't be suprised if he takes the fall for it.

I suspect Kay and the team behind everything she does encouraged him. They've been crossing the line of what's acceptable for a very long time and treat the news as if it's a reality TV show where everyone is a contestant.

Last week she was getting the camera to zoom in when she thought people digging in the rubble found a body.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I wouldn't be suprised if he takes the fall for it.

I suspect Kay and the team behind everything she does encouraged him. They've been crossing the line of what's acceptable for a very long time and treat the news as if it's a reality TV show where everyone is a contestant.

Last week she was getting the camera to zoom in when she thought people digging in the rubble found a body.
I had to turn Sky news off when I saw she was reporting during the earthquake. It's almost as if she gets some kind of sick pleasure being in the centre of these awful events. Really rips ma mittens (for want of a better phrase). I wonder if any of them have a conscience for their behaviour? Probably not.

Reactions: 5
I'd kinda like to know about her personal life.
Why not? She does it to everyone else and calls it news.

Reactions: 7
Life hasn't been a breeze for Burley. She dotes on 20-year-old Alexander but split with his father, football agent Steve Kutner, when her son was just a year old. She has been divorced twice but never married George Pascoe-Watson, who was the political editor of The Sun during their five-year relationship. She has hinted though, that he was her one big love, saying after their split in 2009: "Sometimes you feel as if the bits of your heart are scattered under the fridge and you have to gather them together again.''

She's obviously aware of her critics but they don't seem to have cut too deeply into her self-belief. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," she says.

She says: "If you're a good journalist, you ask the questions that people at home want to know the answers to. Sometimes it gets me into trouble."

Shes an awful woman. So patronising I cannot bare her.

Gurantee she would have had a camera with her in the room when the Queen passed giving a commentary. Vile vile woman

Reactions: 5
Shes an awful woman. So patronising I cannot bare her.

Gurantee she would have had a camera with her in the room when the Queen passed giving a commentary. Vile vile woman
I can imagine her saying "Your Majesty, my viewers all want to know how you are really feeling...Are the rumours true? Have you made plans for next week?"

• Haha
Back to Beth briefly but everytime she says the PMs surname it comes out as suenoook, like she struggles to get the name out at all, it's really irritating

Reactions: 1