Kay Burley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't believe she's back in the studio this morning...but dressed in black and "subdued" (for her).

Haven't heard any mention of Nicola Bulley yet. Being named and shamed live on air will have ruffled many feathers at Sky HQ hopefully.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Looks like Burley has decided if they want privacy, she won't mention Nicola at all.
 
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Sky has to explain itself to ofcom. Have to say I thought the programme on Friday morning with Kay was in seriously bad taste.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I bet Sky come up with a different version of events. A sort of "recollections may vary" perspective. Is Inzamam Rashid still active on social media or has he been put on gardening leave, I wonder?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
It sounds like itv are blaming Inzamam Rashid and saying they only contacted for a quote after he announced on sky that he was in contact with the family and gave him a message.
---
On Sunday, when Bulley’s body had been found but not yet identified, much of the media carried quotes from Ansell about the family’s agony that were attributed to Sky News.

He was quoted as saying: “No words right now, just agony. We’re all together, we have to be strong,” in a text to Sky News correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who the broadcaster said had been in contact with the family throughout the three-week search.

Press Gazette understands that ITV News contacted Bulley’s family on Monday morning, after the quote to Sky News had been broadcast and led them to believe the family was willing to speak. The family declined to say anything further and ITV News journalists have not contacted them again since.

No doubt he'll be the scapegoat but KB deserves the same level of criticism and disciplinary action should be the same for both.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I hadn't really noticed him before this. Both him and Kay accosted a local on Friday morning too. The man said he'd made a full statement to the police, they kept him in conversation on a live broadcast, that man then had various accusations thrown at him via social media. Sky news know exactly what they're doing, they knew speculation was rife, they threw very ordinary people into their game.
Other stations should have been mentioned too though, particularly ch5. Why not? Maybe they will be in due course.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
She also broadcasted yesterday with a graveyard in the background. How tasteless and ghoulish. They know exactly what they are doing! What can Ofcom do?
Kay is also deleting comments on her Instagram page
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I wouldn't be suprised if he takes the fall for it.

I suspect Kay and the team behind everything she does encouraged him. They've been crossing the line of what's acceptable for a very long time and treat the news as if it's a reality TV show where everyone is a contestant.

Last week she was getting the camera to zoom in when she thought people digging in the rubble found a body.
I had to turn Sky news off when I saw she was reporting during the earthquake. It's almost as if she gets some kind of sick pleasure being in the centre of these awful events. Really rips ma mittens (for want of a better phrase). I wonder if any of them have a conscience for their behaviour? Probably not.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I'd kinda like to know about her personal life.
Why not? She does it to everyone else and calls it news.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Shes an awful woman. So patronising I cannot bare her.

Gurantee she would have had a camera with her in the room when the Queen passed giving a commentary. Vile vile woman
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Shes an awful woman. So patronising I cannot bare her.

Gurantee she would have had a camera with her in the room when the Queen passed giving a commentary. Vile vile woman
I can imagine her saying "Your Majesty, my viewers all want to know how you are really feeling...Are the rumours true? Have you made plans for next week?"
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Back to Beth briefly but everytime she says the PMs surname it comes out as suenoook, like she struggles to get the name out at all, it's really irritating
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Kay Burley first came to my attention when she told relatives of the then missing April Jones the news there was evidence she’d been killed live on air. Horrific woman.

She was positively gleeful while reporting on the morning of Grenfell.

I try not to watch sky much anyway but I’ll absolutely turn over when she comes on screen.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Kay Burley first came to my attention when she told relatives of the then missing April Jones the news there was evidence she’d been killed live on air. Horrific woman.
Oh, I remember that. I think it was a mother and son who were some of the many volunteers searching for April, just coming back to the village hall for refreshments or something.

She also reduced Peter André to tears live on air, asking if it was true that Pwicy's cross dressing husband was adopting Junior and Princess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4