Katie Snooks #7 Will Kathleen taxidermy her channel when it is dead?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If every post on here was sent straight to their inbox then yeah, it would be different. They have chosen to pursue a career in the public eye so imo surely this is expected? It can’t all be freebies, events and getting paid stupid amounts for essentially nothing

Reactions: 17
If an influencer kills themselves one day, it will be because they have mental health issues that they're not addressing. Fair dues, negative comments on both their social media and forums can exacerbate someone's condition but also no-one is keeping anyone "hostage" in a social media job. If you can't handle it, go and find a nice office job, or a job where you can be useful, such as working for a charity, animal shelter, etc. If you think you can share who and how you sleep with, your sex toys, your period pants, your bloated stomach, the moments when your partner is being weird (or downright creepy), while trying to make money from pushing aff links to things that no-one needs (and you don't use or haven't tried and tested), and you won't get a negative comment, well, think again. That's the price you pay for fame. (The feedback, not being pushed to the point of committing suicide, of course.)
I am not on any thread here that's unfair or hateful, most users are just disappointed with influencers at this point and want to express it. When will the influencers understand that?

If every post on here was sent straight to their inbox then yeah, it would be different. They have chosen to pursue a career in the public eye so imo surely this is expected? It can’t all be freebies, events and getting paid stupid amounts for essentially nothing
Maybe it is? Maybe she's actually a user here and gets notifications? 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 885776
Katie liking this tweet about Tattle 🙄

I think the worst thing someone’s said about her on here is that her boyfriend is her dad 🤣
Or that we don't like her choice of paint, wish she'd disclose ADs and doesn't recognise her own privelege.

It's kind of similar to the whole 'be kind' narrative isn't it? "Be kind" I cry as I shill fast fashion made by an underpaid worker and make money off undisclosed affiliate links.

It's OK for influencers to talk about their opinions online, say damaging things and break ASA guidance but not OK for anyone to have a discussion about what they're shilling this week or why their behaviour is problematic (or why their choice of home decor is awful).

I only read threads that are similar to this one but some of the celebrity ones aren't my cup of tea. The influencer ones generally seem aware that this is a real person being discussed and wouldn't wish any harm on said person.

The thing is.... where does it stop? Are we as consumers also not meant to leave one star reviews or negative feedback for something we're disappointed in? Because influencing is such a new thing and a lot of them are seen as a brand/ a product/ an extension of a marketing department then of course people will criticise them and disagree with them sometimes. Clearly this is a much bigger issue!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
An argument against the Guardian article in question is that this finger-pointing at Tattle also unfairly vilifies women, when (mostly) men’s football forums and gaming forums, for example, have been gossiping and critiquing players for years.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Totally agree with you both @martaS @Tom_Nook

I don’t know why all influencers seem to think they’re untouchable. They use their audience as cash cows, promoting any old tat and fast fashion, plus using affiliate links to make as much money off their followers as they can. But as soon as those followers voice an opinion or criticism on a forum, they go straight for the “be kind” card. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's kind of similar to the whole 'be kind' narrative isn't it? "Be kind" I cry as I shill fast fashion made by an underpaid worker and make money off undisclosed affiliate links.
"Be kind" I cry as I shill fast fashion made by an underpaid worker, to underpaid workers.

There are so many undepraid people here in UK, who can barely afford any treats while Kathleen and others get gifted crap left, right and centre

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Watch me promote fast fashion made by underpaid workers, forget to disclose ADs and eat ANOTHER gifted meal but don’t you dare say anything about it. I’m a smol little girl boss 🥺

• Sad
Watch me promote fast fashion made by underpaid workers, forget to disclose ADs and eat ANOTHER gifted meal but don’t you dare say anything about it. I’m a smol little girl boss 🥺
So, in order to do the giveaway, she got gifted a free toastie experience 👀
This is what she wears in the giveaway:
1637788248456.png

And what she wore the first time...
1637788314222.png

Clearly can't be photographed without wine though?

Well I guess being a crappy food critic paid off. (Using the term food critic very loosely, duh!)

Reactions: 6
I'm allowed to watch a film and think it's utterly tit. I can talk about it online, leave reviews and discuss with others why I didn't enjoy it or why it was problematic. But I'm not allowed to criticise a YouTube video with an intentionally undisclosed AD, or an influencer making money by lying to viewers about skincare, or hauling crap constantly. We can only say positive things about the terrible content. Got it. Be kind now means 'mindlessly accept everything at face value' I think :rolleyes:

So, in order to do the giveaway, she got gifted a free toastie experience 👀
This is what she wears in the giveaway:
View attachment 885995

And what she wore the first time...
View attachment 885997

Clearly can't be photographed without wine though?

Well I guess being a crappy food critic paid off. (Using the term food critic very loosely, duh!)

Such a bizarre giveaway 😶 one toastie per visit until Christmas Eve

But.... how many times would anyone want to go and eat a toastie in a restaurant in the next month!? This is a competition for people who live in London with lots of time on their hands who love cheese. Such a weird giveaway.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was silly enough to think this giveaway would involve her giving away some of the stuff she hoards owns; like the trunkful of Bobbi brown makeup, tonnes of bath bombs, mountains of advent calendars…etc
Who is really gonna go to London every day to this restaurant and ask for a free cheese toastie

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I was silly enough to think this giveaway would involve her giving away some of the stuff she hoards owns; like the trunkful of Bobbi brown makeup, tonnes of bath bombs, mountains of advent calendars…etc
Silly you! She needs those things for the next decluttering video. Seriously though, that would have been a lovely idea. She could have done a few really good giveaways with some of her recent PR.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh BTW guys I have been meaning to say: The Vegan Beauty Girl reviewed that Holland and Barrett advent calendar and did so much better job of it! She knew much more about the brands featured than Kath, she inlcuded some criticism (for example, REN's parent company is not entirely cruelty free, as far as I remember). It annoyed me when Katie kept saying, "I don't know/haven't used X brand". It clear she doesn't shop at H&B and the calendar wasn't aimed at her, she is just not interested in more natural/sustainable beauty. I would be surprised if she uses 1/4 of the products in it. Also, it's probably better for her skin if she doesn't.

• Heart
Silly you! She needs those things for the next decluttering video. Seriously though, that would have been a lovely idea. She could have done a few really good giveaways with some of her recent PR.
Let’s not forget “yOu OnLy sEe 1% of hEr life”
Who knows.. maybe she’s a huge philanthropist in her spare time 🤔 Giving all of her gifted items away to womens shelters and homeless charities! Arranging charity campaigns with the big brands she collabs with, working for change in her local area and supporting small businesses?

Wait who am I kidding, influencers only do things to benefit themselves 🤢 Kath if you’re reading, take note of all the positive things you could as an influencer and maybe then you wouldn’t get so much criticism.

Reactions: 5
The entitlement of influencers is truly astounding. I'm echoing what some of you guys have already said but God forbid someone would criticise a spoilt, overpaid human that chooses to put their life online for all to see and yet these influencers regularly exploit and negatively 'influence' their followers on a regular basis be it by promoting unrealistic body expectations, showing off a lavish lifestyle and endless gifted items, making them think they NEED to buy certain items, promoting an unhealthy diet/lifestyle, lying about their thoughts on a product. Or what about not showing up to work for days/weeks because they 'needed some time offline' and showing no loyalty to their followers whatsoever - they just use them to make money. Freedom of speech only applies to influencers spouting tit on the Internet? Right, ok. I get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did anyone else immediately notice that Bobbi Brown cab was parked illegally? Nice PR 👌
Screenshot_20211124-221216_YouTube.jpg

I cannot take any of Kathleen's sex talk seriously when she doesn't know the difference between a vagina and a vulva (referring to the 'vagina' shaped waffle :sick:). Also, is this what makes people want to buy from a brand now? Why would a snack that looks like a bloody vagina and a bloody penis make anyone want to use Wuka? To be honest sending free stuff to influencers is enough to turn me off any brand.

Screenshot_20211124-222105_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-222143_YouTube.jpg

The entitlement of influencers is truly astounding. I'm echoing what some of you guys have already said but God forbid someone would criticise a spoilt, overpaid human that chooses to put their life online for all to see and yet these influencers regularly exploit and negatively 'influence' their followers on a regular basis be it by promoting unrealistic body expectations, showing off a lavish lifestyle and endless gifted items, making them think they NEED to buy certain items, promoting an unhealthy diet/lifestyle, lying about their thoughts on a product. Or what about not showing up to work for days/weeks because they 'needed some time offline' and showing no loyalty to their followers whatsoever - they just use them to make money. Freedom of speech only applies to influencers spouting tit on the Internet? Right, ok. I get it.
Exactly, let them exploit their viewers and don't question it. Glad we all understand that now :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 13
@Tom_Nook Oh, why a bloody penis though? Is this supposed to normalise sex while on period? I mean, there are better and subtler ways of doing so? (Sorry, haven't watched the vlog yet)

Reactions: 6
@Tom_Nook Oh, why a bloody penis though? Is this supposed to normalise sex while on period? I mean, there are better and subtler ways of doing so? (Sorry, haven't watched the vlog yet)
She was kindly gifted the food, a vibrator and some period pants and apparently the message was that your period shouldn't hold you back from sexual pleasure. I'd rather Wuka donated more to their charity partners instead of sending vibrators and waffles to rich influencers, but that's just me 🤪

• Heart
I wonder if any of the influencers that moan about tattle have ever considered…not reading here…?

• Haha
  • Wow
The London super cold. Oh for God sake, it was a cold, just a bad cold. You don't just get them in London 🙄 Pouty face and bloated tummy, ffs 😴

If an influencer kills themselves one day, it will be because they have mental health issues that they're not addressing. Fair dues, negative comments on both their social media and forums can exacerbate someone's condition but also no-one is keeping anyone "hostage" in a social media job. If you can't handle it, go and find a nice office job, or a job where you can be useful, such as working for a charity, animal shelter, etc. If you think you can share who and how you sleep with, your sex toys, your period pants, your bloated stomach, the moments when your partner is being weird (or downright creepy), while trying to make money from pushing aff links to things that no-one needs (and you don't use or haven't tried and tested), and you won't get a negative comment, well, think again. That's the price you pay for fame. (The feedback, not being pushed to the point of committing suicide, of course.)
I am not on any thread here that's unfair or hateful, most users are just disappointed with influencers at this point and want to express it. When will the influencers understand that?
👏👏👏👏 Well said!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.