Katie Snooks #6 Kathleen snooks, why oh why are you like this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Tia Maria ad is a riot. It makes no sense at all.

Her hair looks good, but it’s not that unusual for a blow dry to last a few days.

Reactions: 8
I used to watch Katie pretty heavily when she was with Andrew and I loved her. I actually wish those vlogs were still up in her channel. I had to stop watching her at some point because her shopping/ hoarding habits were just too much for me. Just for reference, I live in a third world country (in a pandemic). I don’t even remember the last time we bought Christmas presents. My phone turns 5 years next week. I haven’t taken a holiday in 5 years (when I bought my phone actually). So to see her constant cycle of hauls and PO boxes followed by declutters was too much for me at some point. I would skip those parts but it got to a point where she was just acummulating everything: plants, food, clothes, make up, shoes, cameras, books.
But now, I’m pregnant, throwing up all day long, so I’ve come back to her for a bit of escapism.
I just don’t understand how someone can have so much. There’s a vlog where she shows her candles, and she opens this box and has like 50 new candles that she proceeds to declutter. Imagine decluttering unused candles! I bought one a while ago and it was such a treat as she would say. The idea of having 50 candles and at the same time, keep buying candles, seems so odd to me. I can’t imagine having the money to do that. She shows her perfums and she has 100 of them and she even asks “how do you guys store your perfums?” I don’t know Katie, I got one as a present a while ago and I keep it in the closet. The other day I saw her tea and coffee cabinet. She had 30 types of tea, 10 types of coffee, creamers, syrups, so many options! In my house we buy a box of teabags, and when it’s finished, we buy another one.
As someone who used to watch her in 2014/2015 when she discovered minimalism, I have seen her declutter her make up and clothes 20 times (there were actually a lot more videos on this that she had to delete). My makeup fits into a small cosmetic bag and honestly that is all I need.
Is this how people on the first world live? Because if it is, it makes me jealous but also sad. No one needs that much stuff. I may not have much but at least my bedroom doesn’t look like this. (Taken from a very old vlog I was just rewatching)
46045F2D-32F4-4628-8B97-49C8F6B8DF48.png

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sorry, just read my post and it sounds a bit depressing. I guess I am a bit depressed. I tried to watch some of her lockdowns vlogs but I don’t know, I would have had the time of my life it that had been my lockdown. I can’t even tell you how bad it was and still is here (but you know we are so used to everything being tit that the pandemic was just one more thing going wrong). But she just kept buying clothes, amazing food, going on trips, going on walks (through London!), going out for dinners, playing games/ doing pottery on zoom (just typing this makes wanna laugh), she even bought a house, got a cat, got engaged. And she cried all the time because of how hard it was. Trust me, that was not bad at all. Honestly, sounds pretty great to me. I just wish she would just enjoy her privilege instead of complaining the whole time and crying because of the most ridiculous things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@missingtheolddays I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be watching the endless declutter/ haul cycle and I'm so sorry that the pandemic/ lockdown has been especially difficult for you. Everything you've said is spot on and is a perfectly valid criticism. Even those of us who also live in the UK are baffled by how much she owns, it's all completely unsustainable and unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@missingtheolddays ❤ Congrats on pregnancy.
This is not how everyone lives!! The amount she consumes makes me feel sad. And it frustrates me because I try very hard to cut down my carbon footprint and I see people like her and just think what’s the point!
I think she’s out of touch and certainly not the same Katie she was back in the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s wrecks my brain on how she affords it? Prior to meeting Geoff, she had her own house on a single salary, went on several holidays, fancy restaurants, fancy cocktail bars, circus/aerial/hoop classes, had a car, regular ASOS hauls, going out. Now it’s times 100, which we can guess because G is a big earner. She addressed she doesn’t come from a rich background.. it just doesn’t add up to me. It infuriates me more now as she’s so lazy and does the bare minimum work wise and gets to live the high life because of Geoff. I can see why Katie said he’s what she’s been manifesting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s wrecks my brain on how she affords it? Prior to meeting Geoff, she had her own house on a single salary, went on several holidays, fancy restaurants, fancy cocktail bars, circus/aerial/hoop classes, had a car, regular ASOS hauls, going out. Now it’s times 100, which we can guess because G is a big earner. She addressed she doesn’t come from a rich background.. it just doesn’t add up to me. It infuriates me more now as she’s so lazy and does the bare minimum work wise and gets to live the high life because of Geoff. I can see why Katie said he’s what she’s been manifesting 😂
The thing is, she gets sooo much stuff sent for free that us mere mortals have to pay for from our own pockets. Let's see:
- makeup/skincare/perfume;
- bodycare/haircare;
- sex toys and lingerie;
- clothes and jewellery;
- alcohol, food, snacks;
- she's been on gifted trips (maybe not recently but before covid she did quite a few).
There is probably more.

And this is how she can afford gorgeous cocktails and 273-course meals out, fancy classes and a nice house in London.

Reactions: 7
I'd rather be excruciatingly poor than have to live with that wet wipe.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing is, she gets sooo much stuff sent for free that us mere mortals have to pay for from our own pockets. Let's see:
- makeup/skincare/perfume;
- bodycare/haircare;
- sex toys and lingerie;
- clothes and jewellery;
- alcohol, food, snacks;
- she's been on gifted trips (maybe not recently but before covid she did quite a few).
There is probably more.

And this is how she can afford gorgeous cocktails and 273-course meals out, fancy classes and a nice house in London.
Funny how she went downhill when the brand trips stopped. No more of her snarky comments about the hotel room or the food.

On one brand trip, when she was ticking what breakfast she wanted, she openly said she was acting like there was 2 people in the room so the staff didn’t think she was over ordering. How greedy and sneaky of her. Brands spend a ton of money onboarding people like her and she couldn’t care less.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
“It’s really one of a kind- and I love this drink as it reminds me to embrace what makes me one of a kind- which is circus, and hoarding crap and houseplants”

seriously what the duck is this?!? This is the most brainless inane thing I’ve ever read. She still hasn’t sipped from the glass either!
she’s no longer a lifestyle creator. Just a walking advert. Like them annoying YouTube ads, but atleast with YouTube we have a skip button

• Heart
Reactions: 12
“It’s really one of a kind- and I love this drink as it reminds me to embrace what makes me one of a kind- which is circus, and hoarding crap and houseplants”

seriously what the duck is this?!? This is the most brainless inane thing I’ve ever read. She still hasn’t sipped from the glass either!
she’s no longer a lifestyle creator. Just a walking advert. Like them annoying YouTube ads, but atleast with YouTube we have a skip button
I think the pandemic has shown us who is actually an interesting person/‘influencer’ with something to give. It seems so many hid behind the excitement of events. You know when you’re dating someone and it’s all fun whilst you do an activity, but as soon as you’re doing nothing together you realise they’re actually boring and you have nothing in common? I feel like that’s happened

• Heart
I used to watch Katie pretty heavily when she was with Andrew and I loved her. I actually wish those vlogs were still up in her channel. I had to stop watching her at some point because her shopping/ hoarding habits were just too much for me. Just for reference, I live in a third world country (in a pandemic). I don’t even remember the last time we bought Christmas presents. My phone turns 5 years next week. I haven’t taken a holiday in 5 years (when I bought my phone actually). So to see her constant cycle of hauls and PO boxes followed by declutters was too much for me at some point. I would skip those parts but it got to a point where she was just acummulating everything: plants, food, clothes, make up, shoes, cameras, books.
But now, I’m pregnant, throwing up all day long, so I’ve come back to her for a bit of escapism.
I just don’t understand how someone can have so much. There’s a vlog where she shows her candles, and she opens this box and has like 50 new candles that she proceeds to declutter. Imagine decluttering unused candles! I bought one a while ago and it was such a treat as she would say. The idea of having 50 candles and at the same time, keep buying candles, seems so odd to me. I can’t imagine having the money to do that. She shows her perfums and she has 100 of them and she even asks “how do you guys store your perfums?” I don’t know Katie, I got one as a present a while ago and I keep it in the closet. The other day I saw her tea and coffee cabinet. She had 30 types of tea, 10 types of coffee, creamers, syrups, so many options! In my house we buy a box of teabags, and when it’s finished, we buy another one.
As someone who used to watch her in 2014/2015 when she discovered minimalism, I have seen her declutter her make up and clothes 20 times (there were actually a lot more videos on this that she had to delete). My makeup fits into a small cosmetic bag and honestly that is all I need.
Is this how people on the first world live? Because if it is, it makes me jealous but also sad. No one needs that much stuff. I may not have much but at least my bedroom doesn’t look like this. (Taken from a very old vlog I was just rewatching)
View attachment 789695
Congratulations on your pregnancy. 🥰

No the hoarding and excess stuff is not how the majority of the UK and Ireland live. A lot of what she hoards is stuff she has been sent for free, she could donate a lot more of it to charities or take her name off the freebies list.

However shopping has been sold to the public as a leisure activity for as long as I can remember. That and cheap weekend flights as things to do when you may be bored, which are both terrible for the environment, hopefully things are changing, but way too slowly.

All the stuff just seems to make her anxious and depressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
05E6E02C-8881-46D7-8FFD-E6F6207264E0.jpeg

Haha just saw this comment on her Gardening/matcha/posing with a green drink in a green suit next to green plants car crash Ad 🤣

must be a tattler or her followers r waking up and seeing through her act 👏🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A few questions:
Wasn't Katie supposed to review the Primark period knickers? I wonder whether she read here and saw us criticising her for reviewing something like this after just one period? Or they weren't very good and now she doesn't want to post a negative review?

No activity on her IG yesterday. It cracked me up when in the vlog she said they both took a day off to do that perfume workshop, I think she meant G took a day off as it's not a secret she doesn't typically work on Fridays :rolleyes:

Wasn't she also supposed tell us about a miracle face mask that cleared her skin after just one use? Again, I think she must have read here and realise how silly such claim was. (Well, I hope that was the case and we saved someone from buying a product that might not help their skin).

Oh, and what happened to the little black dress she wore to the Batman-themed restaurant? She never posted the link. (I'm not interested, but someone did ask nicely in the comments).

Reactions: 5
Our poor little busy bee. Anyone else thinks this is going to be a super over the top wedding?
Screenshot_20211003-151956~2.png

Reactions: 7
How can she be “knee deep in spreadsheets”? Does she know one spreadsheet can hold thousands of rows of info? If one spreadsheet isn’t enough for Katie’s checklist, the wedding is going to be an over-the-top fiasco all for the gram.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.