Katie Snooks #2 Kathleen's still talking about her bowler hat whilst G's swinging the da cat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t really care what she does with her day but she’s craving validation by listing her duties and making them seem more than they are and then saying “there’s more I can’t think of right now”. I feel like other content creators just do their own thing and don’t look for validation like Katie does. Hence why she always whines about comparing herself to others and stuff.

Speaking of which, I think what’s happened is that she joined the influencer scene when it was first becoming a thing. She was doing the right thing with her content. However, now she can’t keep up with the level of quality everyone else is providing.

She’s also still sharing every aspect of her life which I thought she would have grown out of by now. It comes across needy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She was really likeable in the girly house share. I hope to see more true crime episodes, a serious foodmap review and i don't hate he4 dating stuff. She doesn't seem to have made a great choice with G but whatever.

Reactions: 2
Diha & ahemahem very good observations

Lemonz & beatrix246 I agree re: Stories. If you do them well, it can take a couple of hours a day. I am no influencer but have a decent following for someone who is not a blogger or anything like that (just over 1700) and sometimes when I have a good day out taking pictures, it will take 2-3 hours to do Stories, when you include things like captions, location tagging (and making sure you use correct ones!) and tagging local business etc if they happen to be in pictures. I only do it as a hobby but it's not half arsed, I try to sneak in some info about the places I photograph, and judging from replies to Stories, it's well received. But maybe that's the thing, I only do it for fun, maybe if it was a job, it'd start feeling like a chore. But then I guess if that's the case, you need to stop and re-evaluate

Reactions: 2
My job very much overlaps with Katie's in the sense that she does all the work to promote herself, while I do it for a brand. All of things she listed do take 40+ hours in a week. While stories may seem quick and silly, they don't take 10 mins. Realistically a 3-5 slide story brand deal can take 45-60 mins to create. Photographing content is bulk can take 2-4 hours. And pitch emails take a while since they do need to be some tailoring to brands.

I think, because people don't do influencer's jobs, they don't fully understand that these things are time consuming and take a lot of time to make/prep.
Oh I can totally appreciate things that this kind of work can take an awful lot of time and effort, but do you honestly think Katie is putting in as much as you are in a professional environment work for a brand, presumably with a boss/client to hold you accountable? I highly doubt it and you shouldn't do yourself down like that!

Presumably most of the work securing contracts/pitching to brands is done by her management anyway?!

Diha & ahemahem very good observations

Lemonz & beatrix246 I agree re: Stories. If you do them well, it can take a couple of hours a day. I am no influencer but have a decent following for someone who is not a blogger or anything like that (just over 1700) and sometimes when I have a good day out taking pictures, it will take 2-3 hours to do Stories, when you include things like captions, location tagging (and making sure you use correct ones!) and tagging local business etc if they happen to be in pictures. I only do it as a hobby but it's not half arsed, I try to sneak in some info about the places I photograph, and judging from replies to Stories, it's well received. But maybe that's the thing, I only do it for fun, maybe if it was a job, it'd start feeling like a chore. But then I guess if that's the case, you need to stop and re-evaluate
Sorry for the double post, but I always enjoy your comments Marta and now very intrigued by your Instagram 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh I can totally appreciate things that this kind of work can take an awful lot of time and effort, but do you honestly think Katie is putting in as much as you are in a professional environment work for a brand, presumably with a boss/client to hold you accountable? I highly doubt it and you shouldn't do yourself down like that!

Presumably most of the work securing contracts/pitching to brands is done by her management anyway?!

Sorry for the double post, but I always enjoy your comments Marta and now very intrigued by your Instagram 😂
I honestly believe she is putting in 40 hours a week on her content. Even the shittiest content take hours to do. All I'm saying is people who don't work in social media or as an influencer know how much time it realistically takes to do the things that she listed.

Reactions: 4
I honestly believe she is putting in 40 hours a week on her content. Even the shittiest content take hours to do. All I'm saying is people who don't work in social media or as an influencer know how much time it realistically takes to do the things that she listed.
Your probably right but it just doesn't look like she spends 40 hours a week. Does it makes sense?

Thanks! I would rather not post my IG username here, I don't mind letting you know in private but can't figure out how messaging works here?

I think that too? Why would she have management otherwise?

Totally fair, I trust your professional opinion!

In that case, she has a LOT of time off/sick days if she's got that much to do. It definitely shows in her content.

Reactions: 1
Sorry, but this simply isn’t true. I work for a Marketing Agency and our Social team will churn out tons of professional content in a 40 hour week. This includes bespoke banners and assets, which Kate obviously doesn’t do.

Reactions: 10
Sorry, but this simply isn’t true. I work for a Marketing Agency and our Social team will churn out tons of professional content in a 40 hour week. This includes bespoke banners and assets, which Kate obviously doesn’t do.
I think more realistically, Katie spends closer to 30 than 40 hours a week, which is still a full time job. The stuff influencers do is time consuming and most people who don't work in that industry don't realise how time consuming it can be. Just because a job is fun doesn't mean it's not work. That being said, Katie probably has a lot more spare time than she would like to admit because, let's face it, her content isn't exactly high quality. It won't take her that long to produce a couple of photographs for her Instagram (like that Starbucks shoot). Other influencers are putting in way more effort and producing better content than Katie.

Reactions: 6
It won't take her that long to produce a couple of photographs for her Instagram (like that Starbucks shoot). Other influencers are putting in way more effort and producing better content than Katie.
This 100%, it didn’t take long because she didn’t even bother to tidy the shelves 🤣

But yeah, laying about in your underwear surrounded by vibrators or taking a selfie in the mirror doesn’t exactly take long to set up does it 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She was really likeable in the girly house share. I hope to see more true crime episodes, a serious foodmap review and i don't hate he4 dating stuff. She doesn't seem to have made a great choice with G but whatever.
She so was! That was the time period where I watched her the most and actually enjoyed some of her content. She’s changed sooo much since then.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So pumped for the weekend roundup guys! Weekend round up bingo....fodmap stuff, look I'm not as bloated anymore, hehehe Moreeeece, declutter, we were lazy and then we tidied...God, I'm bored.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s the last person if ask
So pumped for the weekend roundup guys! Weekend round up bingo....fodmap stuff, look I'm not as bloated anymore, hehehe Moreeeece, declutter, we were lazy and then we tidied...God, I'm bored.
Something about boobs and willies maybe she has put something in her god awful home made pot?? A family zoom/teams thing, and then some more moreeeeece

Reactions: 11
Don’t forget a “gorgeous” brunch of scrambled eggs on toast and some #ad cocktails

Reactions: 11
Don’t forget a “gorgeous” brunch of scrambled eggs on toast and some #ad cocktails
Oh oh don't forget played a new video game / watched a new TV show that she's now obsessed with

Reactions: 8
Well weekend roundup didn't disappoint - laughing at the cat doing something totally unfunny, a 'look at me I'm so small!' picture, spending loads of money unnecessarily, endless amount of meat and making a bum vase. She must be having us on at this point?

Reactions: 13
So SMOL
Screenshot_20210125-105557.png

It's like Bake Off but with glass blowing...
So exactly nothing like Bake Off.
Or is she just excited to use the word "blowing" 🤔
Screenshot_20210125-105456.png

• Haha
I know fodmap is a specific group of compounds and so technically removing them doesn't have to mean a super healthy or restricted diet...

But Jesus, her weekend consisted of bacon and eggs, Chinese takeaway, a roast and tons of alcohol. Nothing healthy or good for your general digestion, just fat, processed meat and booze.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.