Katie Snooks #2 Kathleen's still talking about her bowler hat whilst G's swinging the da cat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the description again. The Starbuck's drinks are her DAILY TREAT. FFS. I hope she at least puts the packaging in the recycling bin.

Reactions: 3
The bookcase makes my fists clench with rage!!! I want to pull all the books and shite out and place them properly 😖

Reactions: 8
So, funnily enough, when I posted the picture of her "capturing content for work", I thought she was just having a cheeky little Starbucks latte between taking pictures of something.
But no. The Starbucks drink was in fact the content.
All she did for Veganuary was swapped her ready made plastic packaged latte for a VEGAN ready made plastic packaged latte.
I'd like to think veganism is a bit more than using a plant based milk instead of cow's (which she apparently should do anyway being lactose intolerant and having suffered with acne - I know not every acne sufferer sees difference when giving up milk but as far as I remember, she had). It's also about being sustainable and caring for the planet
Lastly, I just hate when big companies just jump on bandwagons like this. I'd like to see a company not only introducing vegan options to their offering, but improving packaging so it's more environmentally friendly. There's no point in going vegan if everything you eat, comes in single use plastic packaging.
Rant over.
View attachment 395830
View attachment 395832
Imagine that your job is taking 2 photos of yourself and writing a caption that the brand will have told you what needs to go into it (like, please ref a vegan influencer, please use our #tag, please ref Veganuary, pls use the full name of the product etc) and you cry off it with a HEADACHE every week.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Why do they do a pregnancy photo shoot every time she’s constipated? I might start saving the photos every time she posts one and send them to a psychologist
View attachment 383457View attachment 383458

we should start a “Katie’s ailment of the weeeeeeek”
This week it’s her scoliosis!
View attachment 383461
I think the attachments are wrong, two are of jack.monroe and one of lenin and a kitten?

I know right? As I said, I have a friend who has several pairs but she got them mostly second hand (but in good condition, you know when people get them and just can't seem to be able to break them in and sell on after a couple of weeks?) or in sales, and it took her about five years to build a collection.
Also, not only Katie spent a little fortune on DMs but also gave away bags of good shoes (fair enough, they went to charity shops) which she must have paid a fortune for as well when she originally got them. She got rid of them because... G told her so.
Well? He is a very stylish man!

I read the description again. The Starbuck's drinks are her DAILY TREAT. FFS. I hope she at least puts the packaging in the recycling bin.
Doubt those sugary coffee milkshakes would fit onto her fodmaps elimination diet...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think the attachments are wrong, two are of jack.monroe and one of lenin and a kitten?
that’s so weird 😳 I think there was an issue with attachments a while ago so it might be that? @Yel
Do you know how/why my attachments would have been changed?

Imagine that your job is taking 2 photos of yourself and writing a caption that the brand will have told you what needs to go into it (like, please ref a vegan influencer, please use our #tag, please ref Veganuary, pls use the full name of the product etc) and you cry off it with a HEADACHE every week.
Well, that's Katie's working day. She probably has one day like this a week and spends the other days pestering G and Mo'Reece
Screenshot_20210121-175808.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My favourite is “colour correct videos/photos, upload and meta-data”

That’s a lot of odd words for post a picture with a filter and caption.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Doubt those sugary coffee milkshakes would fit onto her fodmaps elimination diet...
She's either not doing the elimination diet properly or her contract with Starbucks required her to post about the plant based drinks in January no matter what

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Isn't metadata just adding tags? So in a box she writes: makeup, vlog, lifestyle etc. 10 second job.

I'd actually be interested in the analytics side, I would like to know more about how YouTubers base their content on the data.

Reactions: 9
Filming her YouTube videos and editing can hardly be a daily task considering she’s only uploaded 6 videos this year. Only one of them was a sit down video which I do think would take time to edit but the rest are vlogs so she’s just filming tasks she would have been doing regardless of her “job”
God, one of her videos this year was the cheese toastie one 🙄 so if I film myself doing mundane day to day tasks do I add it to my to do list and call it work?
Unless I get a migraine that day and can’t do anything of course.

Reactions: 12
Well, that's Katie's working day. She probably has one day like this a week and spends the other days pestering G and Mo'Reece
View attachment 396600
Emails - fine okay, an hour a day.
Write creative pitches - implies she is approaching people for work not the other way round and err how long does it take to write a pitch saying 'a picture of me in my pants in my flat'
Vlog/film youtube content - okay so pushing a button and talking to camera for half an hour every once or twice a week?
Film/photograph insta content - another half hour if its a reel and thats being generous. Photos - 10 minutes if you have to set up a backdrop.
Edit videos - er okay yes this does take some time but if you've been doing it for a years and are just doing bog standard vlog cutting... not that hard.
Colour correct - takes less than a minute, give over.
Plan content - What content? Also this should be an hours brainstorm/planning once a month max.
Write blog posts - Again, if youve been doing it for years this is a couple hours per post max.
Secret projects - you spelt 'brand deals' wrong.
Manage press samples and organise - ...so.. open a parcel, take out the contents, add them to your 'products to try' pile? Thats a 2 minute job.. if you had 10 parcels a day its a 20 minute job.
Admin - a legit time sucker ok
Storying - 10 minutes
Collect analytics - 5 minutes to get the info off various platforms and compile it in an email.

I think half the problem with influencers is they dont understand that in a normal job you have to do things at a reasonable pace?
Like i fully imagine people taking an hour to do stuff that takes 10 minutes because there's no sense of urgency.

Edited to add that she did 17 blog posts in 2020 so not even 2 a month.

Reactions: 12
Emails - fine okay, an hour a day.
Write creative pitches - implies she is approaching people for work not the other way round and err how long does it take to write a pitch saying 'a picture of me in my pants in my flat'
Vlog/film youtube content - okay so pushing a button and talking to camera for half an hour every once or twice a week?
Film/photograph insta content - another half hour if its a reel and thats being generous. Photos - 10 minutes if you have to set up a backdrop.
Edit videos - er okay yes this does take some time but if you've been doing it for a years and are just doing bog standard vlog cutting... not that hard.
Colour correct - takes less than a minute, give over.
Plan content - What content? Also this should be an hours brainstorm/planning once a month max.
Write blog posts - Again, if youve been doing it for years this is a couple hours per post max.
Secret projects - you spelt 'brand deals' wrong.
Manage press samples and organise - ...so.. open a parcel, take out the contents, add them to your 'products to try' pile? Thats a 2 minute job.. if you had 10 parcels a day its a 20 minute job.
Admin - a legit time sucker ok
Storying - 10 minutes
Collect analytics - 5 minutes to get the info off various platforms and compile it in an email.

I think half the problem with influencers is they dont understand that in a normal job you have to do things at a reasonable pace?
Like i fully imagine people taking an hour to do stuff that takes 10 minutes because there's no sense of urgency.

Edited to add that she did 17 blog posts in 2020 so not even 2 a month.
My job very much overlaps with Katie's in the sense that she does all the work to promote herself, while I do it for a brand. All of things she listed do take 40+ hours in a week. While stories may seem quick and silly, they don't take 10 mins. Realistically a 3-5 slide story brand deal can take 45-60 mins to create. Photographing content is bulk can take 2-4 hours. And pitch emails take a while since they do need to be some tailoring to brands.

I think, because people don't do influencer's jobs, they don't fully understand that these things are time consuming and take a lot of time to make/prep.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My job very much overlaps with Katie's in the sense that she does all the work to promote herself, while I do it for a brand. All of things she listed do take 40+ hours in a week. While stories may seem quick and silly, they don't take 10 mins. Realistically a 3-5 slide story brand deal can take 45-60 mins to create. Photographing content is bulk can take 2-4 hours. And pitch emails take a while since they do need to be some tailoring to brands.

I think, because people don't do influencer's jobs, they don't fully understand that these things are time consuming and take a lot of time to make/prep.
Ah, good spot, i was referring to just generic non-brand stories as she put 'post on stories every day' which do take longer admittedly.
Pitch emails i've done for a different line of work and it takes time yes, but Katies been doing it for years, and a lot of her ads arent exactly big creative pieces...

I can understand this and respect that it takes time it’s just that her content is AWFUL and so poorly done, that’s bothering me the most tbh?? Like okey you do that all day and edit for HOURS but it still looks shite and like it’s been made in windows movie maker?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.