Katie Hayes @katehayesmakeup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To those commenting on her going back to work after 2 weeks, some people who are self employed have no option. It’s not about money but about maintaining your business. I’m self employed and went back to work after two weeks. Not because I want to leave my baby but because I’ve worked hard for something I’m proud of and want to maintain it to provide for my children’s future. I would have loved the luxury of 9 months off but it’s not possible for everyone. I have amazing family that I trust with my baby. Our parents probably didn’t have 9 months off work. You can’t judge someone off that until you have been in the same situation with your own business

Reactions: 8
To those commenting on her going back to work after 2 weeks, some people who are self employed have no option. It’s not about money but about maintaining your business. I’m self employed and went back to work after two weeks. Not because I want to leave my baby but because I’ve worked hard for something I’m proud of and want to maintain it to provide for my children’s future. I would have loved the luxury of 9 months off but it’s not possible for everyone. I have amazing family that I trust with my baby. Our parents probably didn’t have 9 months off work. You can’t judge someone off that until you have been in the same situation with your own business
Totally agree! So many judgey comments on here. People may not like her or the comments she’s making on breastfeeding however, you can’t knock her work ethic. Unless you have a business turning over thousands and thousands of pounds, like you say, you can’t just swan off on maternity for a few months. My nail tech was back after 4 weeks and my hairdresser 8 weeks as that’s their only form of income. Unless you’ve walked in the shoes of a business owner, you really don’t have the knowledge to judge

Reactions: 4
I dont know why people have the opinion that self employed people have a stronger work ethic than the employed. Im a nurse employed by the NHS, ive worked in a very busy A&E department for the last 8 years, two years of which ive been a coordinator. Some shifts I dont even have time to eat or use the toilet. My partner is self employed and runs a successful business so im well aware of the struggles of being self employed, but he works no harder than I do. I highly doubt Kate works as hard as I do, she seems to have plenty of time during her working day to use her phone, comments have been made by people who have signed up to her courses that she was on her phone a lot. All respect to her shes built a successful business and im sure she earns much more money than I do, but I dont think she has a stronger work ethic than me. Yes most self employed people return to work sooner but to say shes only taking two weeks off and that her baby will go to work with her is an extremely naive comment to make to say the least. However that is a side note, I was mostly shocked by her ill informed comments about breastfeeding, she really needs to be careful when her following probably mostly consists of young impressionable women, putting incorrect information out can be extremely dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I dont know why people have the opinion that self employed people have a stronger work ethic than the employed. Im a nurse employed by the NHS, ive worked in a very busy A&E department for the last 8 years, two years of which ive been a coordinator. Some shifts I dont even have time to eat or use the toilet. My partner is self employed and runs a successful business so im well aware of the struggles of being self employed, but he works no harder than I do. I highly doubt Kate works as hard as I do, she seems to have plenty of time during her working day to use her phone, comments have been made by people who have signed up to her courses that she was on her phone a lot. All respect to her shes built a successful business and im sure she earns much more money than I do, but I dont think she has a stronger work ethic than me. Yes most self employed people return to work sooner but to say shes only taking two weeks off and that her baby will go to work with her is an extremely naive comment to make to say the least. However that is a side note, I was mostly shocked by her ill informed comments about breastfeeding, she really needs to be careful when her following probably mostly consists of young impressionable women, putting incorrect information out can be extremely dangerous.
No one has made that comparison in terms of work ethic. Of course there’s employed people who work just as hard if not harder. It’s more the comments on her going back early. As someone who is self employed, you don’t get the benefit of taking a few months off work to be with your baby. Yes her comment that she’ll take her baby to work might be misjudged on her part but having to go back to work so early might be her only option

Reactions: 3
its not about how hard you work, I’m pretty sure there’s employed people who work alot harder than self employed.
If you’re employed by a company it’s more than likely the exact same role will be there for you when you get back. If you’re self employed you could lose clients that aren’t going to wait for you to have 9 months off. It’s really not knocking how hard you actually work.

Reactions: 6
Do you ever get feeling that some of people commented are friends with or related to her????

It's not a bad thing if people want to come in with there views and are related to her or friends just dont tell her she doesnt like to know 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
No one has made that comparison in terms of work ethic. Of course there’s employed people who work just as hard if not harder.
Do you ever get feeling that some of people commented are friends with or related to her????

It's not a bad thing if people want to come in with there views and are related to her or friends just dont tell her she doesnt like to know 😂😂😂😂😂
Especially the new members 😂

Reactions: 5
Funny you are only interested in this thread though based on your activity 🤔
Hmm no babe, I’ve commented on others. Just because I have opinions that differ to some doesn’t mean I’m here to defend anyone or that I’m a certain persons friend or family member.

What has having an opinion on work got to do with being a friend to Kate. Just defending self employed.
also to those saying you can’t take a baby to work, both my babies I could have easily taken to work with me as they was so good. We don’t all have to be up the wall and not be able to cope with a new born. I think it’s a good thing she’s being optimistic. To many negative people trying to scare new mums

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Funny you are only interested in this thread though based on your activity 🤔
You do realise everyone can see your activity yea?

What has having an opinion on work got to do with being a friend to Kate. Just defending self employed.
also to those saying you can’t take a baby to work, both my babies I could have easily taken to work with me as they was so good. We don’t all have to be up the wall and not be able to cope with a new born. I think it’s a good thing she’s being optimistic. To many negative people trying to scare new mums
If your comment is directed at me im definitely not out to ‘scare new mums’ and I certainly wasn’t up the wall or unable to cope with a newborn 😂 we are all optimistic but there is a difference between optimism and reality. But lets see how it works out, im not going to continue discussing the work side of things when the main issue were the breastfeeding comments. I noticed you didn’t comment on that because you cant put a positive spin on it and as Kate’s pal/relation that must be difficult for you.

You do realise everyone can see your activity yea?

If your comment is directed at me im definitely not out to ‘scare new mums’ and I certainly wasn’t up the wall or unable to cope with a newborn 😂 we are all optimistic but there is a difference between optimism and reality. But lets see how it works out, im not going to continue discussing the work side of things when the main issue were the breastfeeding comments. I noticed you didn’t comment on that because you cant put a positive spin on it and as Kate’s pal/relation that must be difficult for you.
I’m absolutely disgusted by the breastfeeding remarks, no wonder this country has such a low breastfeeding rate when people like her are spouting garbage like this. Then she gets people telling her how hard it is 🤷🏽‍♀️. Very irresponsible.

Reactions: 9
I smell a certain family member on this thread 😂
Definitely, I tried clicking on her handle and says cannot be found, she’s definitely blocked people from this thread from seeing her account, 100% family member

• Haha
Aww I don’t know Kate I follow her on Instagram and really enjoy watching her stories , I Did find some of her comments a tad silly , but then I thought about how I felt when before I had my first child , everything was new to me , I didn’t even know how to make a bottle and In my head I literally thought I would be back at work within a couple of months , I don’t think I realised all this but once I had the baby ,my mind set changed and I realised some of the things I told my self and said , I now laugh at myself , it’s literally the unknown ... so I can relate to some of the things she’s said , maybe she will go back to work etc but I think once she’s had the baby her mind set will probably change and adjust , she’s going. To be a new mum , o new 0 about babies so maybe she is the same

Aww I don’t know Kate I follow her on Instagram and really enjoy watching her stories , I Did find some of her comments a tad silly , but then I thought about how I felt when before I had my first child , everything was new to me , I didn’t even know how to make a bottle and In my head I literally thought I would be back at work within a couple of months , I don’t think I realised all this but once I had the baby ,my mind set changed and I realised some of the things I told my self and said , I now laugh at myself , it’s literally the unknown ... so I can relate to some of the things she’s said , maybe she will go back to work etc but I think once she’s had the baby her mind set will probably change and adjust , she’s going. To be a new mum , o new 0 about babies so maybe she is the same
That's fine. But were you advising over 100k impressionable followers at the time?

On another note - if I was ANYONES client in any field and they showed up to an appointment I'd made with a baby in tow I would be absolutely fuming. No baby is that good that you could give a client/student your undivided attention if that's what they are paying you for. If you are in your own office or similar doing your own thing then fair enough. But if you are customer facing then I don't agree with it at all. Put the baby in nursery if you need to keep working or get a sitter.

Reactions: 12
So if you don’t disagree with everything Kate says then you’re a family member or friend?????
you need to be open to people disagreeing with what you say yourselves, if you’re going to be so opinionated in the first place, be prepared for others to have other opinions not the same as yours. Or can you only come on this thread if you’re a hater???

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.