Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not as simpering and as unassuming as she’s like to have people believe.
She knows what she’s doing, she plays the game very well. She’s one that will carve out a career long after the “influencer” nonsense comes to an end.
Katie never set out to be a social media influencer. Even now, after all she's experienced, I still get the impression she's not comfortable in the role. If YouTube disappeared tomorrow, never to return, she'd be elated. Katie wants to be taken seriously as a writer, photographer, and mother, not be turned into a QVC presenter. I agree with you, she's smart. Too bad 90% of her content is so boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Katie never set out to be a social media influencer. Even now, after all she's experienced, I still get the impression she's not comfortable in the role. If YouTube disappeared tomorrow, never to return, she'd be elated. Katie wants to be taken seriously as a writer, photographer, and mother, not be turned into a QVC presenter. I agree with you, she's smart. Too bad 90% of her content is so boring.
Why doesn’t she stop YT then?

Reactions: 2
Her YouTube ensures that she remains part of channel mum which earns her plenty of £££, not to mention the freebie holidays. I’m sure if she felt uncomfortable on Instagram and YouTube she would delete it but for now it’s earning her the big bucks.

Reactions: 1
Her YouTube ensures that she remains part of channel mum which earns her plenty of £££, not to mention the freebie holidays. I’m sure if she felt uncomfortable on Instagram and YouTube she would delete it but for now it’s earning her the big bucks.
Which mums makeup channel mum, do you know? Was Sarah Ingham a part of them at one point?

Is Chanel mum even that big thoug? 70k Instagram subscribers, 150k YouTube ? Is that really worth marking YouTube vids to remain part of?
(Genuine question- I don’t know much about Chanel mum or how it works you see- not trying to be rude)

Reactions: 1
Is Chanel mum even that big thoug? 70k Instagram subscribers, 150k YouTube ? Is that really worth marking YouTube vids to remain part of?
(Genuine question- I don’t know much about Chanel mum or how it works you see- not trying to be rude)
It’s the sum of the total iyswim. They act as an agent for various vloggers who all have big numbers. They are the go between for brands and vloggers. By having them in the mix they can create more impactful campaigns

Basically it’s an advertising agency. When you see multiple bloggers peddling the same crap that’s channel mum.

She doesn't have an issue with Instagram. Taking a 5 second picture is a lot less invasive and time consuming then making a 15 minute video. When YouTube goes tits up that's the platform all influencers will move to full-time. It's pretty versatile, not to mention there's really no place else for them to go. Facebook is dying and Twitch isn't really meant for their kind of content. As for YouTube she's said she's not comfortable with it. She's doing it because that's the direction social media went. So you're right, she's doing it for the money. But that doesn't mean she loves making that kind of content and it kind of shows. Her travel videos are great, everything else is a snooze fest.

You know, I think Katie has that old school, typical British,middle class opinion that you should never discuss politics or money.

I've noticed she says things like "absolute bargain" "really cheap" etc. On a food shop recently she said they "didn't spend that much this week", I get where she's coming from, but to me the point of sharing stuff like that is to see/compare with others?
To be fair to Katie (I'm also in the "quite like her" club!) I commented on YT asking how much she spent for the 5 of them and she did reply and say, she just didn't want people thinking they don't spend enough/too much etc?

You know, I think Katie has that old school, typical British,middle class opinion that you should never discuss politics or money.

I've noticed she says things like "absolute bargain" "really cheap" etc. On a food shop recently she said they "didn't spend that much this week", I get where she's coming from, but to me the point of sharing stuff like that is to see/compare with others?
To be fair to Katie (I'm also in the "quite like her" club!) I commented on YT asking how much she spent for the 5 of them and she did reply and say, she just didn't want people thinking they don't spend enough/too much etc?
She seems like the kind of person who is constantly watching herself to make sure she doesnt say or do anything on either end of the extreme. Don’t say that - it might offend someone. Don’t do that - it might cause a stir. Don’t say or do anything that is remotely diverse or controversial. Keep everything just so. She’s the kind of woman who apologises for saying damn or tit.
I can’t get on board with that. To me it just seems really fake, like she’s constantly putting on a front.

Reactions: 7
@BettyCrocker I completely agree! I don't really find her fake though, I think maybe she's an anxious person and part of it is worrying what others think.
That's only because I'm an over thinker and worry about upsetting people constantly though 🤣

After seeing Emily Norris' video on running for beginners which was just her selling trainers, headphones, sports bras, active wear etc.. its made me appreciate that Katies video was just a lovely, informative, well made video with not an affiliate or sales pitch in sight. Its great that she doesn't money grab at any available opportunity.

Reactions: 14
What’s twitch?
Twitch is mainly used by gamers or anyone who would otherwise be censored on YouTube. Before YouTube offered streaming capabilities, I know a lot of the more popular creators used it to live stream chats and Q&As. They offer a paid subscriptions and you can donate money thus turning on certain functions. I don't care for it myself.

I know this is a trash thread, but it's nice to see Katie is using her platform for some good and raising money for charity. It's so funny that she clarified on Instagram that it's not an AD which seems like a massive dig at the Meldrums for accepting payments for promoting charities!

Reactions: 8
I know this is a trash thread, but it's nice to see Katie is using her platform for some good and raising money for charity. It's so funny that she clarified on Instagram that it's not an AD which seems like a massive dig at the Meldrums for accepting payments for promoting charities!
She’s been wanting to do it for ages so I’m pleased she’s managed to get a sponsor and it’s a genuine thing not for #ad

I admire her for doing it but to be honest it has led to me unsubscribing which probably says more about me than her, I can't think of anything more boring than watching her train for a marathon for the next 11 months 😴😴

Reactions: 4
See I’ve ran that marathon twice, it’s the hardest marathon to get a place for UNLESS you can raise a shedload for a charity

Guess where her fundraising will come from

Here!!! Open your purses everyone she will be on the beg soon enough

She doesn’t even realise how much the training will encroach on her family life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.