Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really sad that you feel that way, and I agree that when you follow 10,20,30 plus of these influencer....it can start to bog you down. But Katie is so endearing with her fortune, forever thankful and appreciative of her blessings. She shouldn’t have to hide her life because some people can’t/won’t achieve the things she has. She seems like she really tries to focus on balance, and I think she should be so proud of herself for doing so, as many others are extremely vacuous and Braggy.

If her life is completley unattainable for you, I would seriously consider unfollowing the ones that make you feel this way. Or at least just accept that their life if different from yours, but that’s ok. I’m sure you have many things to be thankful and grateful for. Influencers can’t seriously be blamed for EVERYTHING! We need to take responsibility for Our personal welfare. And as far as I’m concerned if your lucky enough to have your health, family, support, roof over your head, and food in your tummy....your pretty lucky ❤
I would like to point out that it's entirely possible to have a smart phone & be using a food bank, have bad health/have a disabled child, be homeless, not have family support. It's very short sighted that people assume that everyone is lucky

This is a discussion board about instagrammers! If your solution is just “unfollow them” then you might as well write the same comment on every thread 🤣

I actually don’t follow katie but I used to. I have always found her very likeable but just found her lifestyle unattainable for me. You can say “work harder” to me, but a nurses wages is never going to cover a house like that unfortunately no matter how many extra shifts I do xxx
I quite agree. That's the only defence the influencers have ever come up with, and same here now too. Just unfollow! It doesn't even work. I've unfollowed so many but they come back into your feed, via sponsored posts, ads, collaborations. And yes, working harder won't make a bit of difference for most people. Your job is admirable & really making a difference. You should be very proud. I really appreciate you

Reactions: 3
I would like to point out that it's entirely possible to have a smart phone & be using a food bank, have bad health/have a disabled child, be homeless, not have family support. It's very short sighted that people assume that everyone is lucky
Nope, not short sighted at all. For anyone with any of the issues above, I seriously wish you well. However I would also advise that you put your focus elsewhere and not on Instagram influencers. Surely there’s bigger fish to fry than wallowing in the world of instagram, then heading over here to moan about it.

I’v personally just always believed in being happy for others success’s...not bitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Nope, not short sighted at all. For anyone with any of the issues above, I seriously wish you well. However I would also advise that you put your focus elsewhere and not on Instagram influencers. Surely there’s bigger fish to fry than wallowing in the world of instagram, then heading over here to moan about it.

I’v personally just always believed in being happy for others success’s...not bitter.
Then why are you here? Considering I fall into some of those categories, I don't see how it's so terrible that I come here to air some frustrations. So because I've got bigger problems, I should keep my opinions to myself? I'm not commenting on her stuff or attacking her, I'm saying that the approach of pretending to be relatable then renovating your massive house and going on American road trips is misleading & causes upset.

• Heart
So if one of us were to have a disabled child you’re suggesting all our focus should be on that situation and not on finding moments of connection and escapism?

Also..,,,,Bitter? Almost all of us like Katie!! Infact if she showed her sponsors the contents of this thread they’ll probably give her a raise - we’ve said she seems selective about Ads and that she seems like a great mum. Doesn’t sound like the words of a bunch of bitter trolls to me!

Discussing how her life and holidays are unattainable and finding out how many others on here agree has made me feel more normal. Thanks everyone xxx

Reactions: 6
So if one of us were to have a disabled child you’re suggesting all our focus should be on that situation and not on finding moments of connection and escapism?

Also..,,,,Bitter? Almost all of us like Katie!! Infact if she showed her sponsors the contents of this thread they’ll probably give her a raise - we’ve said she seems selective about Ads and that she seems like a great mum. Doesn’t sound like the words of a bunch of bitter trolls to me!

Discussing how her life and holidays are unattainable and finding out how many others on here agree has made me feel more normal. Thanks everyone xxx
That's exactly what I was trying to put across thank you. And thank you for making me feel less alone

• Heart
Reactions: 3
FYI I have a disabled child also, I also live each month pay packet to pay packet.

I’m not having a go at anyone, I’m mainly here for Mrs Meldrum as I can’t bear her, her attitude and deceit. I’m sorry if I made you feel bad....but I just try and spin negatives into positives most of the time. But it appears for some people, NOTHING right can be said.

Then why are you here? Considering I fall into some of those categories, I don't see how it's so terrible that I come here to air some frustrations. So because I've got bigger problems, I should keep my opinions to myself? I'm not commenting on her stuff or attacking her, I'm saying that the approach of pretending to be relatable then renovating your massive house and going on American road trips is misleading & causes upset.
I also never said you should stay quiet cuz u have bigger problems. I’m trying to suggest that if it makes you feel bad, don’t watch. I can’t comprehend why people would do that to themselves? Mrs Meldrum winds me up, and I enjoy watching her car crash 🙈. However if someone made me feel alone, down and like their life was unattainable for me....I’d 1000% switch off.

Reactions: 4
I’m trying to suggest that if it makes you feel bad, don’t watch. I can’t comprehend why people would do that to themselves? Mrs Meldrum winds me up, and I enjoy watching her car crash 🙈. However if someone made me feel alone, down and like their life was unattainable for me....I’d 1000% switch off.
Couldn't agree more with this. It's sort of like sticking your finger in a fire, realising it bloody hurts, and then sticking it in again. Honestly, your mental health and self-worth are far more important than scrolling through social media. Anyone who feels this level of misery directly caused by instagram should remove it from their phone. Job done.

Guys it really is as simple as not looking! If it's making you feel like you're not good enough then unfollow or delete insta. I haven't been on Instagram in a year as it was affecting how I felt. I recognised that and dealt with it. Katie is one of the better ones so if even if she is making you feel crappy then you need to detox from socials. You may not want to here that and that's fine but honestly you all need to take a step back sometimes and look around at what you have achieved in your life. I have great things in my life and crappy things like everyone! including these Instagramers who get pulled apart for being to perfect like Katie. I dont want to get dragged into this but I do think some of you need to take a break and be thankful for what you have!
Coming from a women who doesn't own my own house or even drive (too chicken) and my husband drives a banger, but I am so lucky to have 3 wonderful children a great job and a husband who has just had promotion. Honestly comparison is the thief of joy. I'm off to spend the bank hols drinking wine and having a great time. ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Where has katie been “pulled apart”?! Many people have asked for this thread to be moved to the “rave” section as everyone keeps saying they like her!

We are on this forum to discuss instagrammers so it seems a bit odd that anyone that says anything is being told to “just unfollow”?! I wasn’t looking for advice- just friendly discussion on a person who has chosen to put them self in the public eye.

Reactions: 1
On every other thread on this site, people have said incredibly similar, almost identical things. However, its somehow forbidden to say it in relation to Katie, and not only should we unfollow, but we should have to delete Instagram from our phones?

Reactions: 2
On every other thread on this site, people have said incredibly similar, almost identical things. However, its somehow forbidden to say it in relation to Katie, and not only should we unfollow, but we should have to delete Instagram from our phones?
This could just go round and round in circles when ur putting words in others mouth, I’m not aiming to offend, which I’m clearly doing. I truly wish you health and happiness ❤

Thanks for the wish of health and happiness now can we get back on topic. This forum is here to discuss instagram/YouTube families. If people don’t want to discuss this type of thing then they have the option of leaving this forum x

Wow, this thread escalated since I last read here....

Back to Katie - she's still waaaaay too sickly for me, everything she writes is so cheesy. Literally every caption on Instagram is perfectly curated and she chooses her words so carefully. She's boring.

You yourself described your own reaction to instamums like Katie (further up this thread) as 'heartbreaking' and 'a bitter pill to swallow'. Honestly, if I was that badly affected by something that I had the power to stop, would I be stopping it? Hell yes.

Again, I use my analogy of the fire - if you're poking your finger into a fire and it hurts, why on earth would you poke it in again? Honestly not trying to argue with you, but I simply cannot understand why you'd continue to do this to yourself? You may not have the power (let's face it, not that many of us in the real world do) to take your children on holiday or renovate your home, or buy a car, but you do have the power to stop yourself feeling heartbroken by Instamums.

Just to add, I am not specifically standing up for Katie - I would offer the same advice to anybody feeling the way you are about any social media influencer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes back on topic

I do find katie quite sickly sweet and agree with the comments that say that if she opened up a bit more then her follower numbers would probably fly

Apparently she’s hinted at mental health issues recently. Problem is, when people like Telford mention mental health people on here are very skeptical and assume she’s doing it for likes and engagement. The more you reveal of yourself the more you’re ripe for criticism I suppose.

The amount you're talking about is actual fortunes to me. I think people forget that other people on the internet are poor, we are not all middle class home owners. Having the opportunity to have a home like that is like a wildest wish to me. And there is no way for me to change my situation either. I won't go into details but there are plenty of situations where no matter how hard we work, there is no way for some of us to earn enough money to ever ever become a homeowner. So sometimes, this whole instamum phenomenon can really be detrimental because women talking about how they are making a home for their children, giving their children opportunities & making magical memories with them, when all these things are out of your wildest dreams is really heartbreaking. When they are presenting themselves as your friend/girl next door mum pal, it's really bitter to swallow
In life there are always going to be people with more money, bigger houses, more expensive holidays....it’s just life!

We are never going to own our own home (unless we win the lottery which I don’t do!) but does that mean I can’t be friends with someone that does?

We go on one caravan holiday a year, my friends go abroad a few times a year.

It’s being fine with your lot in life that makes you feel happy and secure, sure I may not have my ‘own’ house but we have a roof over our heads, all the bills paid and we have healthy children, I think until we can think like this we’re always going to be a bit fed up x

In life there are always going to be people with more money, bigger houses, more expensive holidays....it’s just life!

We are never going to own our own home (unless we win the lottery which I don’t do!) but does that mean I can’t be friends with someone that does?

We go on one caravan holiday a year, my friends go abroad a few times a year.

It’s being fine with your lot in life that makes you feel happy and secure, sure I may not have my ‘own’ house but we have a roof over our heads, all the bills paid and we have healthy children, I think until we can think like this we’re always going to be a bit fed up x
I'm very happy for you that you have a roof over your head and healthy children, that is indeed very fortunate x

Can we get back on topic please?
Apologies, but I think if a member here is posting about having emotional problems and potential mental health issues from what they're consuming on social media, I'd rather take a couple of minutes out of my day to try and offer some sensible advice to help them, rather than ignore them.

Don't get me wrong, I love a gossip about influencers as much as the next person, but when I see someone clearly hurting and upset, I feel the need to try and help.

Thanks for the advice. Like the above poster I’m also keen to get back on topic and use this forum for its purpose xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.