Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nor me. They’ll shift up. It wouldn’t surprise me if the kids move to private school as well. Just my assumptions though!
Yes defo private secondary on the cards , know the area well one great state school and one shite, think they are in shite catchment area.

£ is what they paid for it and I think sold their previous house for £276,000
Positively terrifying that Katie (who we feel offers her family the most privacy of the Instamums!) has given away so much of her life online that this information (and catchment areas of schools) is able to be found out so easily!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
Positively terrifying that Katie (who we feel offers her family the most privacy of the Instamums!) has given away so much of her life online that this information (and catchment areas of schools) is able to be found out so easily!
I don’t know Katie personally although I met her a few times years ago. I know people who know her situation and have never heard a bad word said about her. So any info is not from what she has put out, I would never divulge any personal or location details I am just local.

Reactions: 1
I’m not from England, our house is about the same size at a Katie’s (minus the extension) and it was over double the price! Cannot believe how expensive houses are there !!!

The amount you're talking about is actual fortunes to me. I think people forget that other people on the internet are poor, we are not all middle class home owners. Having the opportunity to have a home like that is like a wildest wish to me. And there is no way for me to change my situation either. I won't go into details but there are plenty of situations where no matter how hard we work, there is no way for some of us to earn enough money to ever ever become a homeowner. So sometimes, this whole instamum phenomenon can really be detrimental because women talking about how they are making a home for their children, giving their children opportunities & making magical memories with them, when all these things are out of your wildest dreams is really heartbreaking. When they are presenting themselves as your friend/girl next door mum pal, it's really bitter to swallow

• Heart
Reactions: 17
But that's not something to just single one influencer about. All of these people own there own homes and honestly Katie's is quite modest compared to some. She is a good person ,she doesn't brag and doesn't outwardly make you feel bad for it. It's just her life she cant hide these things. If these influencer6make you feel bad because they own homes surely all of them do so to single one person out isnt fair. Also to add just because her life is lovely now doesn't mean that they haven't worked for it or sacrificed things in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But that's not something to just single one influencer about. All of these people own there own homes and honestly Katie's is quite modest compared to some. She is a good person ,she doesn't brag and doesn't outwardly make you feel bad for it. It's just her life she cant hide these things. If these influencer6make you feel bad because they own homes surely all of them do so to single one person out isnt fair. Also to add just because her life is lovely now doesn't mean that they haven't worked for it or sacrificed things in the past.
Agree. I am in my 30s with 3 kids and we’re so far from owning our own home or going on lovely holidays, but Katie never makes me feel bad just because she does have these things. I find her really lovely to watch and just appreciate our lives are different.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think we are deliberately singling out Katie

It’s a problem with all instamums and how easy it is to access their lives each and every day. I see more of the instamums that I follow than I see of my closest friends or family. Without realising it we are brainlessly watching their stories more than we are talking to our mates. We know what the instagrammers wear day to day. What they are doing. I wouldn’t bother telling my mates about new rug I’d bought but I find myself compelled to check in and see how unmummsy mum’s house reno is going. It’s crazy really and it’s easy to see how this drip feed of wealthy midle class white women is leading to lots of us feeling a bit tit. By watching them everyday it feels as if everyone is off on an exotic holiday. Everyone is buying extravagent furniture and clothes. They aren’t. But it’s hard to keep remembering to remind ourselves of that

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's a shame this is on Katie's thread as it does apply to all Channel Mum / Insta mums. We have this interaction with them, we share their homes, we share our personal stories with them and in this odd way we do see them as online friends but at the same time they are selling to us. It may just be a cleaning product or a family holiday but because we have had this odd friendship thing going on we are influencers more than if it was a celeb or an actress told us this product / holiday destination is amazing.

Reactions: 3
Yeh it is a shame this is on katies thread as most of us here really like her and her family. I suppose it’s come up on Katie’s thread as in her previous house, what her family had may have seemed attainable for some of us. Buying a big new house, doing constant renovations and going on 6 once in a lifetime holidays a year really isn’t attainable for the vast majority though. Not suggesting this is Katie’s fault or problem

Reactions: 2
I don’t see how it isn’t travelling? Not like they go and sit on a beach for two weeks at an all inclusive holiday. They literally travel around... surely that is exactly travelling?! Plus she has said they want to go to Asia when the kids are bigger, Japan I think was mentioned. Just because it isn’t your cup of tea doesn’t make it not travelling.

Ok so they aren’t backpacking the Inca trail, but they definitely travel more than the vast majority of people with 3 small kids.

No they weren’t. They were second hand. Maybe you need to get your facts right before being rude to people.
Mm they’re holidays to me, maybe the road trips were actual trips but the rest no. I didn’t know she said she wants to go to Asia, I don’t really watch the Q&A’s as they’re dull. Anyway I don’t really care tbh, I just wouldn’t spend the money going to America several times when there is other nicer places to go I haven’t been yet.

On other influencer threads there have been discussions about how much that particular influencer has paid for their house, car whatever and that some influencers having an unattainable lifestyle for the average family and how that can affect their followers mental health and wellbeing. I don’t think Katie is being singled out. I get that the average house price in London and the South East is probably around the same price as what Katie paid for hers. It’s definitely subjective but a huge amount of money to me. Influencers can earn tons, not to mention the freebies but she does say that she can’t earn X but in the next breath is doing thousands of pounds worth of renovations.

The amount you're talking about is actual fortunes to me. I think people forget that other people on the internet are poor, we are not all middle class home owners. Having the opportunity to have a home like that is like a wildest wish to me. And there is no way for me to change my situation either. I won't go into details but there are plenty of situations where no matter how hard we work, there is no way for some of us to earn enough money to ever ever become a homeowner. So sometimes, this whole instamum phenomenon can really be detrimental because women talking about how they are making a home for their children, giving their children opportunities & making magical memories with them, when all these things are out of your wildest dreams is really heartbreaking. When they are presenting themselves as your friend/girl next door mum pal, it's really bitter to swallow

It’s really sad that you feel that way, and I agree that when you follow 10,20,30 plus of these influencer....it can start to bog you down. But Katie is so endearing with her fortune, forever thankful and appreciative of her blessings. She shouldn’t have to hide her life because some people can’t/won’t achieve the things she has. She seems like she really tries to focus on balance, and I think she should be so proud of herself for doing so, as many others are extremely vacuous and Braggy.

If her life is completley unattainable for you, I would seriously consider unfollowing the ones that make you feel this way. Or at least just accept that their life if different from yours, but that’s ok. I’m sure you have many things to be thankful and grateful for. Influencers can’t seriously be blamed for EVERYTHING! We need to take responsibility for Our personal welfare. And as far as I’m concerned if your lucky enough to have your health, family, support, roof over your head, and food in your tummy....your pretty lucky ❤

Reactions: 9
No one is asking katie to hide her blessings. We are just agreeing that sometimes following instamums can be hard x

We’re only singling her out as this is a thread about her.

Most people on here (me included) really like Katie! Infact some people have asked for this thread to be moved to the “rave” section of forum

We’re only singling her out as this is a thread about her.

Most people on here (me included) really like Katie! Infact some people have asked for this thread to be moved to the “rave” section of forum
Yes please move to rave section. Most influencers can learn a lot from Katie.

No one is asking katie to hide her blessings. We are just agreeing that sometimes following instamums can be hard x
Don't follow then!! The thing is I would love that life too! But maybe I should be a you tuber then... but I'm not I don't have that in me! If I was maybe I could be having better holidays! It is what It is! They both work he clearly has a very good job plus she does do other social.media for other companies! We all want better holidays and aspire to have nicer house etc. But life is what it is unless you change it!

Reactions: 3
This is a discussion board about instagrammers! If your solution is just “unfollow them” then you might as well write the same comment on every thread 🤣

I actually don’t follow katie but I used to. I have always found her very likeable but just found her lifestyle unattainable for me (not suggesting thar is her problem or fault). You can say “work harder” to me, but a nurses wages is never going to cover a house like katie’s unfortunately no matter how many extra shifts I do. xxx

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.