Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all about family too but I haven't seen my mother in law for 7 years. I told my husband before we had kids that I'd never let her near them and he was in agreement.

I don't think it's fair to make a very sweeping statement without knowing the ins and outs of someone's life.
Omg wow!! Whats wrong with one from B&M?! Haha. Where does she get her money from? Her channel is small and she isn't ad heavy. I understand Jon has a good job but how good??
she does work for other brands. She’s mentioned she’s created a lot of content for visit Orlando I think it was.

Reactions: 1
Plus the bathroom, all the bath, shower, sink etc was gifted (which she appears to label correctly every time she posts about it). So they only paid for tiling, Labour etc which would have saved them a fair bit.

I unfollowed her months ago. Her house is so lovely but where does she get all her money from? Her YouTube is very average.

Reactions: 2
Watched that video that was mentioned in here. Not sure she gets what an average family life is like? Paraphrasing a bit but, "I don't know what to film because when we aren't travelling it's just mundane stuff at home" just feels like a big disregard for the way the majority of familys live their lives. We are always at home! Can understand what others have said about feeling envious. I unfollowed on instagram a while ago, and feel loads better for it.

Reactions: 3
Watched that video that was mentioned in here. Not sure she gets what an average family life is like? Paraphrasing a bit but, "I don't know what to film because when we aren't travelling it's just mundane stuff at home" just feels like a big disregard for the way the majority of familys live their lives. We are always at home! Can understand what others have said about feeling envious. I unfollowed on instagram a while ago, and feel loads better for it.
She talks in her latest video about not wanting to make people feel s*** by the fact she can travel etc. But then this is something I talk about a bit, that if Katie's viewers aren't the type to travel then why the brands aligning with her? I actually think she's better at created content for them as oppose to influencing her own viewers.

Reactions: 2
She talks in her latest video about not wanting to make people feel s*** by the fact she can travel etc. But then this is something I talk about a bit, that if Katie's viewers aren't the type to travel then why the brands aligning with her? I actually think she's better at created content for them as oppose to influencing her own viewers.
One thing I do like about Katie is she is 100% transparent with ads , they financed a lot of their Florida holiday themselves and was clear when it was gifted/sponsored. They would do these holidays anyway unlike the Meldrums who only do freebies 🤮🤮. She also does not take the girls out of school now they are older. But I do wonder how they can afford it with 3 children the air fares alone must cost a fortune. I went to New Orleans last year and the BA flight was extortionate, we flew South West to NewYork, then Norwegian home. I went with friend so was only paying for myself so paying for 5 must be eye watering.

Reactions: 6
One thing I do like about Katie is she is 100% transparent with ads , they financed a lot of their Florida holiday themselves and was clear when it was gifted/sponsored. They would do these holidays anyway unlike the Meldrums who only do freebies 🤮🤮. She also does not take the girls out of school now they are older. But I do wonder how they can afford it with 3 children the air fares alone must cost a fortune. I went to New Orleans last year and the BA flight was extortionate, we flew South West to NewYork, then Norwegian home. I went with friend so was only paying for myself so paying for 5 must be eye watering.
Yes, she won't take them out of school and she is very clear in what she's financed and what's been gifted. Jon has a good job and she clearly does ok with her work too. She has talked about the BA sales, so maybe she's a bit canny with flight finding!

Reactions: 4
As much as I like her, their “travelling” is several trips to America and a couple of sponsored Europe and Dubai holidays. They’re not that well traveled.

Not sure how she managed to turn an ad for velux windows into a 3000 word essay 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes, she won't take them out of school and she is very clear in what she's financed and what's been gifted. Jon has a good job and she clearly does ok with her work too. She has talked about the BA sales, so maybe she's a bit canny with flight finding!

BA have some good sales on and I know she has booked flights at these times before. British Airways Exec Club have a points scheme called Avios and you can actually convert your Tesco Clubcard points to avios points and get money off flights which helps.

As much as I like her, their “travelling” is several trips to America and a couple of sponsored Europe and Dubai holidays. They’re not that well traveled.
I would agree, they like a good holiday rather than travelling! I don’t get me on Lara Jarvis and her take on ‘travelling’

I just think she's clever with money. They use brand work wisely. She never accepts tit AD after tit AD like others. She puts lots of work into one big AD rather than lots of little ones!
The sofas there are the first brand new sofas they ever had. You don't see her doing cleaning product hauls or home bargains crap hauls! She seems to invest in good pieces that last. They don't go OTT at Christmas or Birthdays etc.

They don't even seem to have takeaways or meals out for no reason. It's an occasion. I just don't think she wastes money!
You need to get your facts right. The sofas in their old house were bought by them from next!

You need to get your facts right. The sofas in their old house were bought by them from next!
Unless I've not heard it all, she has stated they are the first new ones. I've never had a reason to get my facts right! I'm going on what she has said

Reactions: 5
But surely it’s all about perspective. Where you perhaps don’t think her travels are ‘travels’. To the next person (myself), it may seem like such wonderful places to go.

I personally feel very inspired by her page. At the end of the day, it’s a social media platform/highlight reel, whatever you want to call it. She lives (in my opinion) such a wonderful life. The humdrum day to day life, I can relate to. And looking forward to your next adventure (I relate to) albeit her humdrum house is MUCH nicer than mine, and her adventure are way more extravagant than mine, but that is life. There are always people with bigger, better fortune. Then there’s people who are less fortunate. Social media is such a double edged sword for a lot of these ‘influencers’ but Katie is one who I have so much time and respect for. Unfortunately though, when you put yourself in the watchful eye of Thousands....your going to get picked apart. But she seriously does what we all say we want.... she’s super transparent, she’s replies to most if not all, she’s picky with what she chooses, all her ads genuinely suit her lifestyle, and she responds to criticism so well. She’s always willing to open a discussion...not just block and delete. And I know this is a ‘trash’ thread, but I really do have a lot of time for her.

Reactions: 26
But surely it’s all about perspective. Where you perhaps don’t think her travels are ‘travels’. To the next person (myself), it may seem like such wonderful places to go.
That’s fine but don’t say you *love* travelling when really you only like America unless it’s a sponsored Europe holiday. I bet they’ll be gifted some holiday house in Greece/France in the summer then there next big trip will be some part of America. I know this happened after they went but I wouldn’t even be going to places like Alabama and giving them my tourist $

I know this happened after they went but I wouldn’t even be going to places like Alabama and giving them my tourist $
I don’t see how it isn’t travelling? Not like they go and sit on a beach for two weeks at an all inclusive holiday. They literally travel around... surely that is exactly travelling?! Plus she has said they want to go to Asia when the kids are bigger, Japan I think was mentioned. Just because it isn’t your cup of tea doesn’t make it not travelling.

Ok so they aren’t backpacking the Inca trail, but they definitely travel more than the vast majority of people with 3 small kids.

No they weren’t. They were second hand. Maybe you need to get your facts right before being rude to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t see how it isn’t travelling? Not like they go and sit on a beach for two weeks at an all inclusive holiday. They literally travel around... surely that is exactly travelling?! Plus she has said they want to go to Asia when the kids are bigger, Japan I think was mentioned. Just because it isn’t your cup of tea doesn’t make it not travelling.

Ok so they aren’t backpacking the Inca trail, but they definitely travel more than the vast majority of people with 3 small kids.
Good point - I stand corrected!

• Heart
I don't personally find her soooooo transparent, I think she's definitely one of the better insta-mums out there, and I very much commend her on that. But I have never seen her talk straight facts on budgeting and pricing and that's why for me watching her travel vlogs (not my thing) are more escapism, as it's not a reflection of whatever regular family lifestyle she 'thinks' she's portraying.

I'm sure she definitely works hard and so does her husband, but their disposable income is a lot more than an average family with 3 children. So much in that house is brand new, a lot of their food is convenience food (in the sense that you're not making any sauce or ingredient from scratch), all their pizzas, take aways are expensive etc etc, they eat out a lot yet still can afford multiple trips a year, and everything "new".

I've never seen her talk about buying second hand clothes on eBay, or charity shop finds, which is fine, I'm definitely not saying everyone has to, but she's not "regular" or "ordinary" in that sense. So I guess I dip in and out of her videos and don't think she's the de-facto insta-mum example of perfect transparency and etiquette, sadly I don't think any of them truly are.

Reactions: 5
My favourite thing and I hope this never changes. You'll never see her advertise crap! She doesn't advertise 2 day spray like meldrum! Or 3 different skincare products in a week! Not 2 printers in a month. She holds out and gets good brand work! And it pays off for her

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.