Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I rate Katie on the whole, for me, her fashion sense is just getting weirder and weirder. But perhaps I'm just old and out of touch these days!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’s fine but don’t say you *love* travelling when really you only like America unless it’s a sponsored Europe holiday. I bet they’ll be gifted some holiday house in Greece/France in the summer then there next big trip will be some part of America. I know this happened after they went but I wouldn’t even be going to places like Alabama and giving them my tourist $
Surely that is still travel though, even if it’s not everybody’s idea of travel. The actual definition is a trip abroad...

Reactions: 3
You need to get your facts right. The sofas in their old house were bought by them from next!
[/QUOTE
Weren’t they given the old sofas? She’s said many times that they were given them when they moved in and when they got the new house it was the first time they’d ever bought sofas.
But surely it’s all about perspective. Where you perhaps don’t think her travels are ‘travels’. To the next person (myself), it may seem like such wonderful places to go.

I personally feel very inspired by her page. At the end of the day, it’s a social media platform/highlight reel, whatever you want to call it. She lives (in my opinion) such a wonderful life. The humdrum day to day life, I can relate to. And looking forward to your next adventure (I relate to) albeit her humdrum house is MUCH nicer than mine, and her adventure are way more extravagant than mine, but that is life. There are always people with bigger, better fortune. Then there’s people who are less fortunate. Social media is such a double edged sword for a lot of these ‘influencers’ but Katie is one who I have so much time and respect for. Unfortunately though, when you put yourself in the watchful eye of Thousands....your going to get picked apart. But she seriously does what we all say we want.... she’s super transparent, she’s replies to most if not all, she’s picky with what she chooses, all her ads genuinely suit her lifestyle, and she responds to criticism so well. She’s always willing to open a discussion...not just block and delete. And I know this is a ‘trash’ thread, but I really do have a lot of time for her.
This!! Couldn’t agree more.

Reactions: 2
But I have never seen her talk straight facts on budgeting and pricing
Agreed, I have often wondered exactly what the cost of the trips is, and have wondered if maybe she doesn’t want to say as it could a) give away how much is free or b) maybe she doesn’t want to be Seen to be bragging? Either way, I’d like to know. Especially how much they must spend on eating out on holiday - every meal out is so alien to me.

I do like how she never says they are going away, or exactly where to at least, until they are there. And she has said on Instagram before she won’t put up the place they are staying until they leave. She displays much more common internet safety sense than most.

Reactions: 6
After her chatty vlog and her post yesterday,my advice to Katie would be to leave channel mum.

Reactions: 8
I think she seems like a nice person.

I’ve had to unfollow her because I can’t relate to all the holidays and expensive renovations anymore. Her old house seemed more attainable to me. Her new house is huge and I can’t help feeling jealous 🤭

What I do find super super annoying is her husband’s smirk in photos. The last couple of times he’s featured on her insta page he looks normal. But prior to that he’s been doing that annoying smirk for years- it looks exactly like this emoji 🥴 but the smile goes down at the edges . I get so annoyed with it I want to shout at my phone. Anyone else? 😂
You’re right though- husband appears to hate being on camera, poor guy. Wish he’d chose a different expression though xx

Reactions: 5

I’ve had to unfollow her because I can’t relate to all the holidays and expensive renovations anymore. Her old house seemed more attainable to me. Her new house is huge and I can’t help feeling jealous 🤭

What I do find super super annoying is her husband’s smirk in photos. The last couple of times he’s featured on her insta page he looks normal. But prior to that he’s been doing that annoying smirk for years- it looks exactly like this emoji 🥴 but the smile goes down at the edges . I get so annoyed with it I want to shout at my phone. Anyone else? 😂
You’re right though- husband appears to hate being on camera, poor guy. Wish he’d chose a different expression though xx
Her house isn’t as big as it looks, she lives in a very affordable area of the country and did get the house at an amazing price. I like Jon, I think he always looks embarrassed but I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything he didn’t want to, but he does support Katie.

Reactions: 5

Jon’s weird smile gets me too! But I‘be come to the conclusion that’s just his face 🙊🙊🙊 and his “id rather be doing anything else” smile!

Reactions: 1
I really like Katie and her family does seem lovely. I did recently unfollow her however as the picture perfect life, family, home etc isn’t for me. I totally respect why she just shows the good stuff and I think that she is doing things the right way in that her kids won’t really look back at anything that embarrasses them but her account is now something that I will only look at every now and again as to see a perfect portrayal every day is not good for me despite the sensible part of me knowing it’s not necessarily a true perception.

Reactions: 6
Her house isn’t as big as it looks, she lives in a very affordable area of the country and did get the house at an amazing price. I like Jon, I think he always looks embarrassed but I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything he didn’t want to, but he does support Katie.
House looks big to me but I guess it’s subjective.

I like Katie and Jon too (minus his constant smirk 🥴 😏 that in fairness he has stopped doing in the last couple of photos).

When you say “amazing price” what kind of ballpark are we talking do you think x

Of all the insta husband's Jon is my favourite. He is supportive of Katie but doesn't take her social media job at all seriously or interfere with it and appears a really doting father and all round nice guy.

I know Katie is mortified at the idea of people thinking she is sneaky with Ads or questioning how she can afford what appears a lavish lifestyle. I think she does genuinely care about her viewers and I hope she carves out a decent career when all this influencer business is over.
I only have two issues with Katie. One being telling us they are saving for the next stage of the house renovation and then all of a sudden the long term projects (garden / bathroom) are done. She previously stated it took them six years to save for the extension on their old house, something I imagine lots of us can relate to but with the new house and now that she is a bigger youtuber telling us they are saving and then in a short few months the project does leave me questioning her. Just say I got a big payout from a job or that a brand contacted us with the offer of a bathroom suite so it became affordable.

I don't feel jealous of Katie but unfollowed because I was starting to feel inadequate as a parent. I don't feel the need to have the same house, furniture or clothes as Katie but when I know I'm not going to be able to give my children the same opportunities as her children it did make me feel crappy and when you start pricing up a Disney trip because influencers tell you just how magical it is for children and that these memories they will never forget and knowing that it is not realistic for your own children it makes you feel rubbish but you have to remember it is all marketing. Katie is great at marketing for the brands. I am sure lots of mother's have booked holidays based on her vlogs and posts so win win for Katie and the brand.

Reactions: 4
I like ‘em! I know it’s super annoying when people post that kind of stuff on here but her thread keeps popping up and I couldn’t resist. She seems fairly transparent with ads and appears to be a bit more selective with the brands she works with. She respects her children’s privacy more than most and Jon seems fairly down to earth which is a nice change from all of the other insta-ham dads. And no racism scandal yet so that’s a plus! Hopefully she stays pretty normal and I don’t end up with egg on my face!

Reactions: 7
The house looks big as it has a double integral garage. So lots of space upstairs.The sitting room is quite small, The house was about 100k more than they sold their last one, so not such a huge leap not in the Meldrum bracket.

I don’t think the average family would think (exact price removed) is affordable or am l living a different world?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think the average family would think £ is affordable or am l living a different world?
Depending on where they live in the UK and how big the house is I don’t think it’s an extortionate amount to pay for a house.

Depending on where they live in the UK and how big the house is I don’t think it’s an extortionate amount to pay for a house.
I'd agree - depended on who you are, their house isn't that aspirational, I am sure Katie and Jon aspire to live in something like her mums house!

£ is what they paid for it and I think sold their previous house for £276,000
That is very good knowledge! Very interesting- thanks

You’re right those house prices aren’t astronomical- way off my budget but they may be fairly close to the average house price in parts of south of England

Although with all the renovations that house must be closer to £600k now I’d have thought

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.