Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I normally like her house taste, but that island is far too big for the kitchen and I think she'll realise her mistake in a few months. Also in the camp that thinks the snug is tiny and a pointless waste of money!

Reactions: 1
I normally like her house taste, but that island is far too big for the kitchen and I think she'll realise her mistake in a few months. Also in the camp that thinks the snug is tiny and a pointless waste of money!
I think the snug is bonus room and she's future proofing.
As they only have 4 beds and maybe the girls won't want to share long term which means they lose a play room/ guest room unless they do loft conversion.
Downstairs they garden extension/dining rooms open plan and just off the kicthen.
Sometimes half term my kids need space from one another especially when they have friends and are teenagers
So I imagine snug will get future use in time.
But decorating and furnishing that room needs careful thought as does window dressing as whole street see them.

I agree the snug is small, personally would have had a bigger utility/cloakroom or something. Or a downstairs toilet, I can't recall if they have a downstairs bathroom atm.

I don't like the island at all, it seems a waste of space. Don't get me wrong I would love one, but I think you need a very wide big kitchen for them to sit right, otherwise they seem to just look odd to me. Her kitchen looks more long than wide. I hate the pink too, it's very sickly. I am sure when it's done it will be very quirky and her taste.

Very random, but I always think with Katie that she puts on that voice for the camera. Like, does she really talk like that when it's just her and John?!

Reactions: 3
Yeah they’ve already got a downstairs toilet.

that island just goes on forever! :ROFLMAO: Also why do they need a wine fridge? Since when did they drink wine? Shes actually said before neither of them really drink at all!

Reactions: 4
I know 😂 I did laugh when she said they've now got to have a smaller wine fridge because the alcove isn't as big as they thought 🙈
She'll use it to store diet coke probably!

Reactions: 6
Why is it necessary to have the wine fridge, even if they did drink wine lots, when they are getting TWO fridges?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
First world problems when your new kitchen can only fit in a smaller wine fridge than you initially planned 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree the snug is small, personally would have had a bigger utility/cloakroom or something. Or a downstairs toilet, I can't recall if they have a downstairs bathroom atm.

I don't like the island at all, it seems a waste of space. Don't get me wrong I would love one, but I think you need a very wide big kitchen for them to sit right, otherwise they seem to just look odd to me. Her kitchen looks more long than wide. I hate the pink too, it's very sickly. I am sure when it's done it will be very quirky and her taste.

Very random, but I always think with Katie that she puts on that voice for the camera. Like, does she really talk like that when it's just her and John?!
I’ve always thought this about her voice too! It’s like she’s presenting something?! I find it really irritating

I noticed that Mrs Meldrum has decided she wants to convert her double garage and knock know the deadly utility room to extend the kitchen. Didn't even mention Katie once since it's clear where she got the idea from!

Reactions: 4
Ok, I feel like such a witch saying this as its not constructive and Katie hasn't done anything wrong so I'm not calling her out like I do others cough Norris cough Pentland.
BUT.. I don't like her kitchen!
I don't like the bubblegum/playboy pink colour.. it isn't a dusty pink.. its like a 3 year olds bedroom barbie pink. Also I don't think the floor looks good with it. Its too light and looks like cement. It looks like the floor hasn't yet been laid.

Ok, I feel like such a witch saying this as its not constructive and Katie hasn't done anything wrong so I'm not calling her out like I do others cough Norris cough Pentland.
BUT.. I don't like her kitchen!
I don't like the bubblegum/playboy pink colour.. it isn't a dusty pink.. its like a 3 year olds bedroom barbie pink. Also I don't think the floor looks good with it. Its too light and looks like cement. It looks like the floor hasn't yet been laid.
I dont like it either 😛 no shame in us saying that, I dont have anything against her and shes deffo doesn't irk me like Meldrum or Conway. I don't think the kitchen will age well and in all honesty I reckon they will move again at some point and it's not going to appeal to many people.

See I like it but I’m a bit on the fence about the pink and size of island - will wait to see how it looks when finished and styled before deciding!

Reactions: 2
I think its really silly having the fridges in the door way (obvs not major problem) but just seems in the way if that makes sense, plus if she has sink in L cove where will her tea station go ?? lol I've thought about this way too much and her toaster she doesn't seem to have anywhere to put stuff other that a huge island and your not going to want a toaster kettle on there

Reactions: 6
She doesn’t drink tea though and he’s probably got a built in coffee maker hidden somewhere or they’ve gone down the route of a ‘boiling water tap’... I also guess they don’t need much space to make fajitas? 😂

• Haha
She doesn’t drink tea though and he’s probably got a built in coffee maker hidden somewhere or they’ve gone down the route of a ‘boiling water tap’... I also guess they don’t need much space to make fajitas? 😂
Ahh my dad has a boiling water tap, he says it's the bain of his existence and always is on the blink. He's given up with it and just used the kettle 😂

I think maybe she's going to have appliances hidden away? She seems the sort who keep their toaster in a cupboard if you know what I mean!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ahh my dad has a boiling water tap, he says it's the bain of his existence and always is on the blink. He's given up with it and just used the kettle 😂

I think maybe she's going to have appliances hidden away? She seems the sort who keep their toaster in a cupboard if you know what I mean!
I've just watched this week's update, maybe they will go in the alcove.

Just watched latest update week 5.
I think she possibly does read here as she's apologised for repeating herself and said the camera she used to film last week possibly distorted the room and made it look narrower.
I think she accepts criticism well and that everyone has different tastes.
In reserving judgement on the island.
I like the windows. I like the units.
Still think snug is small.
Like utility floor tiles just not sure about dark units in utility.
Undecided utility light.
Like the handles . Think they opted for new appliances.

Reactions: 7
I like the look of the kitchen too and the tiles in the utility look nice in my opinion now that they are down. I wasn't that keen at first when she showed them but the finished look works in the small space.
I'm still not sure on the island but I guess its not my kitchen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.