Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh my dad has a boiling water tap, he says it's the bain of his existence and always is on the blink. He's given up with it and just used the kettle 😂

I think maybe she's going to have appliances hidden away? She seems the sort who keep their toaster in a cupboard if you know what I mean!
Mind you... toast makes crumbs.... god forbid if that kitchen gets messy!! Needs to be insta worthy at all times!!!!! 😂

Ahh my dad has a boiling water tap, he says it's the bain of his existence and always is on the blink. He's given up with it and just used the kettle 😂

I think maybe she's going to have appliances hidden away? She seems the sort who keep their toaster in a cupboard if you know what I mean!
We have a boiling water tap in my office. It's awful, forever breaking and it starts to stink if the filter needs changing which is rank.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I can’t help but feel this kitchen is more about it looking a certain (oh so instaworthy) way rather than it being a practical functional family kitchen. They don’t seem to enjoy food a huge amount and cook the same simple and processed food over and over.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She has never said where the cooker is going or if they are having a extractor fan hood?

I expect a induction hob on the island as there is literally no where else for it to go.

Personally I would have preferred a sink on the island and cooker In alcove for splash back of cooking etc especially if kids are sitting at the island? But looks like all the plumbing is on the wall for the washing machine and dishwasher.

I hate the pink! Can’t believe her husband agreed to it. But I have enjoyed watching the renovation blogs even with her repeating herself, but then I always was a big fan of property ladder with Sarah Beeny. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I must admit I’ve not actually watched her recent vlogs - I actually unsubscribed from her YT channel as it was getting me down watching holiday after holiday & still getting every room decorated at the rate of knots. I’ve even reduced what I look at on Instagram but somehow I can’t quite knock her off my watch list completely. Maybe I just like being wound up!! 🤪
I feel this is all for her audience as she’s never come across as someone who likes to spend time in the kitchen, even in their last house. She’s brought the pink in to try and stand out. I too wonder how her husband has agreed on this but he does come across as a ‘yes man’.
If the hob is on the island, I wonder if it’ll have one of those integrated extractors they think they can justify enough airflow via their many windows that they’ve replaced in the space of a year??

Reactions: 2
She has never said where the cooker is going or if they are having a extractor fan hood?

I expect a induction hob on the island as there is literally no where else for it to go.

Personally I would have preferred a sink on the island and cooker In alcove for splash back of cooking etc especially if kids are sitting at the island? But looks like all the plumbing is on the wall for the washing machine and dishwasher.

I hate the pink! Can’t believe her husband agreed to it. But I have enjoyed watching the renovation blogs even with her repeating herself, but then I always was a big fan of property ladder with Sarah Beeny. 🙈
The ovens are integrated into the cupboard area

yes I dont see how having the island for kids to gather at is safe if the hob is there. Then Again it is so long they’d need to phone each other from one end to the other anyway! I would imagine if in the island (which it has to be surely?) there is no extractor fan as she will have the pendant lights. My MIL had her kitchen done recently and has no extractor. I find it weird always having had one, but she doesn’t feel the need for one

Reactions: 1
I was wondering where the hell the hob is going! If it's going where the sink is that is super cramped. If it's on the island, isn't that going to mess up the ceiling again putting in a vent? The fridge still looks in a god awful place. It's the entrance to the kitchen so it's always going to be clogged up with people going by and using the fridge and freezer. Whenever they have guests around it will drive them bonkers. I would have put it over on the wall of cupboards and had random storage cupboards where they have the fridge freezer. The floor looked a bit warm beige in today's vlog which I hope is incorrect. I know the cupboards are supposed to be dark grey but they look so blue with that pink in the room. Love the utility tiles and the snug will be cute if she gets the right stuff to put in it. Overall it's going to be a nice kitchen for all the neighbors out back to stare at. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was wondering where the hell the hob is going! If it's going where the sink is that is super cramped. If it's on the island, isn't that going to mess up the ceiling again putting in a vent? The fridge still looks in a god awful place. It's the entrance to the kitchen so it's always going to be clogged up with people going by and using the fridge and freezer. Whenever they have guests around it will drive them bonkers. I would have put it over on the wall of cupboards and had random storage cupboards where they have the fridge freezer. The floor looked a bit warm beige in today's vlog which I hope is incorrect. I know the cupboards are supposed to be dark grey but they look so blue with that pink in the room. Love the utility tiles and the snug will be cute if she gets the right stuff to put in it. Overall it's going to be a nice kitchen for all the neighbors out back to stare at. 😄
I may just have to watch her vlog now just to see exactly what this kitchen looks like...
I’ve just had to go watch week 4 of her vlogs. I needed to see the island for myself properly and where the fridge is etc etc.
Do you know, it’s actually made me feel a bit better. Though I have been waiting for a new kitchen for a decade, yes a decade Katie, this one doesn’t make me jealous!! Though my dream is a new kitchen (and I actually cook - A LOT), this one doesn’t inspire me.
What is the snug all about?! Made me laugh when she said ‘there’s no rush, we’ll do it in the new year’. Yeh right, that’ll be done ‘a little bit later in the day’!!
And I would not have a utility room with no proper air vents. Personal choice and all that but where’s she going to hang the damp washing? I use a tumble dryer and even with a condenser it needs airflow! 🤔
And you’re right, the neighbours will have a fab view! Who needs tele when you have The Ellisons to watch out the back!! They can then do their own vlogs ‘The Day in the life of the vlogger at the bottom of my garden’!! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I actually like the kitchen. The island is too big and I would’ve gone with a lighter pink (well I wouldn’t have chosen pink in the first place but the one they’ve gone with is a bit too Barbie for me), but generally I like it and I’m glad they’ve gone with what they wanted rather than the typical navy kitchen everyone seems to be going for now. I like the utility and I don’t think the snug is that small... it’s a snug, it’s not meant to be a grande room. I love the doors in the kitchen and the light that they let in. If the island was a bit smaller it would be great but it seems to overpower the entire room

Even an aubergine pinky purple would look better than the dusky pink! (not a great pic, but I think this sort of colour island would have worked better if she really wanted a pink hue)

purple-and-gold-kitchen-103204919.jpg

I also hope she doesn't herringbone any tile because that will look dated REALLY QUICKLY. The bifold doors, tall window, and radiators are gorgeous! I would just feel weird being so overlooked by all those bedrooms. 😬

I find her such an instagram cliche when it comes to interiors. Her style is heavily influenced by the trends, I know that the kitchen isn’t navy blue but it is very very close in shade and style. I’m just getting very bored of seeing the same colour palettes in all the insta homes-navy, charcoal, dusky pink 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I find her such an instagram cliche when it comes to interiors. Her style is heavily influenced by the trends, I know that the kitchen isn’t navy blue but it is very very close in shade and style. I’m just getting very bored of seeing the same colour palettes in all the insta homes-navy, charcoal, dusky pink 🤷🏼‍♀️
And the fact that she keeps having to tell people it’s not navy goes to show how close to it she is. Or was that her way of making people talk about it.... 🤔

I wonder if she’s putting the hob on the island with a rising extractor fan as these are really popular at the moment as they hide when not in use and provide a barrier between hob and anyone sitting opposite.
I also don’t love the pink but I’m sure she said they can paint it later if need be

I wonder if she’s putting the hob on the island with a rising extractor fan as these are really popular at the moment as they hide when not in use and provide a barrier between hob and anyone sitting opposite.
I also don’t love the pink but I’m sure she said they can paint it later if need be
She did make a point it could be painted... she has made that point a few times - you know how she likes to make sure we’ve taken note.
Thanks for telling us this information Katie but I also interpret that she’s not 100% sure herself and is wanting people to tell her she’s made the right decision and that it’s wonderful and that she’s so daring & bold. Katie always after some reassurance and alsos seems to do things she thinks everyone else will like. 🙄

I've just noticed her sons eye, it's really lovely. The house is so badly overlooked, I couldn't live somewhere like that with kids. I assume they live somewhere east of the country?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.