Katherine Ormerod

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or are certain things she’s doing around the house actually supposed to be done by the landlord not the tenant? The shower was being held up by a makeshift piece of plastic so she’s fitted a new one. Is it not the landlord’s job to provide a functioning shower for their tenants? This country lets landlords off the hook enough as it is, allowing them to use flats as cash cows without actually investing into improving the flats for their tenants. And I fear this narrative of renters doing home improvements pushed by KO contributes to this continuing culture.
I think I remember her saying months back that she negotiated lower rent in return for doing what is basically renovation work at this point, not just decorating (although this might be been on their previous place, which she also did quite a lot of painting/decorating on). I would not be surprised if this contributed to them taking a very long time to find a second rental, as it clearly needed to be in Chiswick and have a very relaxed landlord. Having rented for years I agree that it sucks when you can't get a landlord to do basic repairs, or when they do it's completely shoddy at the lowest possible price. And many landlords won't agree to you doing the changes yourself either. They ultimately hold all the power. If KO's landlord sells the place, they could very easily turn around and ask that it all be painted white and then ask for a rental increase too.

Reactions: 1
Is it just me or are certain things she’s doing around the house actually supposed to be done by the landlord not the tenant? The shower was being held up by a makeshift piece of plastic so she’s fitted a new one. Is it not the landlord’s job to provide a functioning shower for their tenants? This country lets landlords off the hook enough as it is, allowing them to use flats as cash cows without actually investing into improving the flats for their tenants. And I fear this narrative of renters doing home improvements pushed by KO contributes to this continuing culture.
If the landlord did these fixes, what would KO do for content?

Reactions: 4
Gotta say, it gives me all the LOLs when people do these pics with fake dinner parties 🤣

1000027896.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Gotta say, it gives me all the LOLs when people do these pics with fake dinner parties 🤣

View attachment 2850122
😂 Also, it’s so naff… like you’re going round to someone’s flat for lunch - it’s not the bloody Ivy - who writes a menu to have their friends round 🤦‍♀️😂?! The pretention is NEXT LEVEL. It’s ironic that she complained about not liking playing with her kids once and how boring it is because she basically plays at being a pretentious rich housewife in a country manor every bleeping day whilst living in a bland, rented london terrace. 😂 What a massive nob!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She is so vain it’s astonishing.
also she has the most disgusting hands / fingers in the world 🤢

Reactions: 2
She doesn’t want to younger, just glowy and well rested. So…. younger then? 🙄
And it should all be clearly marked first and foremost as an advertisement, as she well knows.
Do you mind, it’s actually a press appointment!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just saw her book giveaway post and this caught my eye: “this is the first (and likely last) time i’ll be offering this as a service” talking about doing design consultations 🙄

so she’s written a whole book about home “design” but will never do consultations? Surely that would be a normal pathway? Just seems so strange to me - but then again, please keep her sticker vinyl tiles away at all cost 😂

I also keep thinking, especially with so may more people in a situation where they can’t afford to buy so they rent - couldn’t she have made her book full of examples from renters who have made realistic improvements to their place, showing different styles etc, and examples from people that are actually feasible in a rental (without negotiation with the landlord or having to budget for a lot when you move out and have to reinstate everything, like she has) But no, of course no one has ever done DIY to a rental before except her so why would she bother speaking to anyone else…

2015C24E-6493-4B5E-9FD6-ABA0E34C1A8D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How on earth has this person got a book deal for an interior design book?!!

1000028605.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
And making a ‘feature’ of the radiator cover just does not work. Blend it with the wall. And that dark cupboard at face-height, so dark and imposing. Just nothing good about this. Is that book a commercial flop do we know?

Reactions: 4
Have you noticed she mentions Camille a lot and Camille never mentions Katherine?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't take the constant barrage of wedding dress selfie - she really does think she is AMAZING.

I wonder what she is like around her kids. Must be so toxic to have such a vain parent!

Reactions: 2
I can't take the constant barrage of wedding dress selfie - she really does think she is AMAZING.
Yeah I thought I would quite enjoy the wedding dress content, turns out it's really quite tedious, and it reminds me why I didn't shop around for months for my own!

Reactions: 3