Katherine Ormerod

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“You all saw that, didn’t you? I’m rich, because I can buy £110 trousers (though I didn’t manage it first time because technology tee hee) and also I’m a size four, because I work out all the time, at very exclusive gyms and fitness clubs. Because I’m better than you. Just in case that wasn’t totally clear.”
My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: 4

I assume it's this - a book version of her terrible interiors instagram posts. She would have been better off calling it sticky back plastic as that is all she ever seems to do.

The question is how many times can she moan about mother hood in here?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I assume it's this - a book version of her terrible interiors instagram posts. She would have been better off calling it sticky back plastic as that is all she ever seems to do.

The question is how many times can she moan about mother hood in here?!
Who the hell is going to spend £24 quid on that?! 😂
To be told to use adhesive vinyl or scalloped mdf on every surface in sight. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Who the hell is going to spend £24 quid on that?! 😂
To be told to use adhesive vinyl or scalloped mdf on every surface in sight. 🤦‍♀️
Nobody - you can get all of that 'content' online.

Too many I'm so thin I'm so chic photos at the moment.

Reactions: 6
The longer I spend on tattle the more I wonder who tf is staffing these publishing houses - we’re in a CoL crisis where rents have skyrocketed, people are being forced to outbid each other and/or pay huge 6 month lump sums to beat the competition, I can’t imagine renters surviving such a dysfunctional market are going to show much interest in further financially benefitting their landlords and doing free renovations?? Isn’t everyone p much over Instagram aesthetics these days anyway?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The longer I spend on tattle the more I wonder who tf is staffing these publishing houses - we’re in a CoL crisis where rents have skyrocketed, people are being forced to outbid each other and/or pay huge 6 month lump sums to beat the competition, I can’t imagine renters surviving such a dysfunctional market are going to show much interest in further financially benefitting their landlords and doing free renovations?? Isn’t everyone p much over Instagram aesthetics these days anyway?
She is also in no way an expert? She just spent some time this year doing up one rental (questionably!)

Reactions: 5
Honestly there's so many people doing content on rental updates on social, and not only is Katherine far from the best, her taste level is honestly very questionable.

Reactions: 5
What a load of crap. Honestly the book just screams privilege to me 🤣 can’t wait to see it for £1 in my local charity shop in a few months

Reactions: 2
Also, the cover 🤢

1000025097.png

---
I also think the lack of transparency about the fact that she owns a flat already, plus all of the bleeping hashtag gifted stuff she's received for the house is just DISGUSTING.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
In her latest instagram post also implying she's working class again... despite going to private school.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
So the only interesting/interiors-y bit on that cover is the painted architrave. Nobody needs a book to tell them how to hang a David Shrigley poster or buy a bolster pillow.

I am guessing the suggestion is ‘just paint stuff then paint it back white when you leave!’ - if this is done to detailed period architrave it will
a) look tit
b) be very difficult to paint over
c) mean the period detail is even more coated over and obscured for the next tenants

Somehow I don’t think hours and hours of possibly noxious (lead) paint stripping to a good finish is going to be her approach. Pity the people coming in after she’s had her way with every surface.

Reactions: 6
Also, how many renters do you know have the kind of disposable income to spend a tit load on home improvements (paint, stick down tiles, fake marble wrap for a kitchen)??? Only for you to have to rip it all out when you move in the hope you get your deposit back? It doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 14
Clearly a book written and commissioned by property owners. Even if she sold her flat, she still owned it so knew that taste of a proper foothold.

Reactions: 9
I hate that she promotes this falsehood (actually lets call it what it is - a lie) that she's hard up and has things really tough, it's like cos playing at being poor and disadvantaged. The reality is that she is an incredibly privileged privately educated white woman living in an affluent area in one of the most expensive cities in the world who is gifted huge amounts of homeware, clothes, mini breaks and meals, who CHOOSES to rent because she refused to compromise on her location. She is SO disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In her latest instagram post also implying she's working class again... despite going to private school.
It’s amazing how many middle class working class authors/etc do literally nothing for inclusion isn’t it 🤡 it’s almost as if it’s just a label grab to elevate them and nothing more 🤡

Reactions: 7