Katherine Ormerod

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate that she promotes this falsehood (actually lets call it what it is - a lie) that she's hard up and has things really tough, it's like cos playing at being poor and disadvantaged. The reality is that she is an incredibly privileged privately educated white woman living in an affluent area in one of the most expensive cities in the world who is gifted huge amounts of homeware, clothes, mini breaks and meals, who CHOOSES to rent because she refused to compromise on her location. She is SO disingenuous.
You left out thin.

‘Incredibly privileged educated thin white woman’. Thin has so many benefits and advantages, particularly in her sector of fashion.

I liked Katherine a lot, but I think she jumped the shark with her newsletter. It’s just not that good and feels like double or even triple dipping along with free clothes, food and drink, holidays and probably a lucrative on selling account.

Reactions: 8
You left out thin.

‘Incredibly privileged educated thin white woman’. Thin has so many benefits and advantages, particularly in her sector of fashion.

I liked Katherine a lot, but I think she jumped the shark with her newsletter. It’s just not that good and feels like double or even triple dipping along with free clothes, food and drink, holidays and probably a lucrative on selling account.
I like the newsletter but it's absurdly overpriced. I really want to know if people actually sign up to live events with her - I just can't imagine doing this! What would you even ask her?

Reactions: 2
It's a matter of time until someone exposes the hypocrisy of her situation on Goodreads IMO.

Reactions: 7
I dm’d her. I was super polite. But I genuinely wanted to know why her content is marked ‘paid feature’,‘pr partner’, ‘prproduct’ ´paid partnerships’ and doesn’t just say ‘AD’ in be same location every time.
Her response? She was snarky. Self-entitled. She is an ‘author and a journalist’.

I actually had been a fan of hers. But turns out she is an even bigger fan of herself. Why do I get so sucked into thinking these people are relatable!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I dm’d her. I was super polite. But I genuinely wanted to know why her content is marked ‘paid feature’,‘pr partner’, ‘prproduct’ ´paid partnerships’ and doesn’t just say ‘AD’ in be same location every time.
Her response? She was snarky. Self-entitled. She is an ‘author and a journalist’.

I actually had been a fan of hers. But turns out she is an even bigger fan of herself. Why do I get so sucked into thinking these people are relatable!
Add the print screen when you report her to the ASA hun, she’s evidencing that she is knowingly flouting the rules that regulate her sector. Sorry you’ve had to deal with a crappy message - if it’s any consolation her bathroom upholstery moment must already stink of piss x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
All these gals who are skinny and like expensive clothes and got their first job at the Sunday Times Style are always chuntering on about how they are ‘journalists’. Katherine wouldn’t know good writing if it punched her in the face.

Reactions: 11

What an odd response. Even ‘authors and journalists’ must declare advertising. Is she saying her whole IG account, plus her newsletter crammed with affiliate links, are editorials?

It is online marketing if she’s received a product or service for free or it is an affiliate link from which she receives commission.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How many people renting in London with two young children would choose to have their dress made in NYC? I'd rather spend the money towards drinks for my guests (or experiences for my children) but then again what's more important to her, being able to boast forever more about it and complain how stressful it was (despite it being self inflicted) or not thinking about image for once and just having a good time?

Reactions: 15
Personally if I was prioritising getting a wedding dress made in NYC, I’d spend a bit less time banging on about being a hard done by working class kid who can’t afford to buy a house. Her cognitive dissonance is insane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
The birthday in Paris and all these trips to New York just don't match up with the bullshit renting narrative.

Reactions: 14
Personally if I was prioritising getting a wedding dress made in NYC, I’d spend a bit less time banging on about being a hard done by working class kid who can’t afford to buy a house. Her cognitive dissonance is insane.
Yep agreed, she's starting to enter Alexandra Stedman territory, she used to be quite open about wearing a lot of high street brands but I notice she's never without new designer gear now.
I also think she must be angling hard for a fully or at least partially funded dress. Those places in NY would be setting you back about $10k minimum, and aren't they having the wedding in the states too?
Is it possible her husband's business is also taking off and now he's able to contribute a lot more?

Reactions: 10
I feel for these two; the jokers they must come across doing the rounds of influencers with their Valentine’s Fortnum’s hampers. And without so much as a #prproduct in sight…

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel for these two; the jokers they must come across doing the rounds of influencers with their Valentine’s Fortnum’s hampers. And without so much as a #prproduct in sight…
This is doing the opposite of making me want to shop at Fortnum’s. Who thought sending two Butlin's employees to stand in the rain and pass minor influencers a glass of champagne would convey luxury?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another newsletter plugging all of her free stays / meals (in NYC) that she expects people to pay for. Double / triple dipping (as one other commenter excellently put it)

Also doesn’t surprise me that she snapped back to somebody’s DM - friendly when it suits her, to those that will benefit her I imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Unable to afford to buy a house, but able to afford getting married in the USA... Make it make sense?!

1000025776.png

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or are certain things she’s doing around the house actually supposed to be done by the landlord not the tenant? The shower was being held up by a makeshift piece of plastic so she’s fitted a new one. Is it not the landlord’s job to provide a functioning shower for their tenants? This country lets landlords off the hook enough as it is, allowing them to use flats as cash cows without actually investing into improving the flats for their tenants. And I fear this narrative of renters doing home improvements pushed by KO contributes to this continuing culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
yep I mean they're definitely going to drop the equivalent of a house deposit on a wedding...
I find destination weddings very selfish. Why are you expecting me to take annual leave to spend a fortune on staying in a destination YOU chose. I can guarantee the annoyance your guests feel will not outweigh the “amazing” day you think you’re giving them. If guests do accept, gifts should be actively discouraged. Is this wedding about marriage or Instagram?

Reactions: 13
I find destination weddings very selfish. Why are you expecting me to take annual leave to spend a fortune on staying in a destination YOU chose. I can guarantee the annoyance your guests feel will not outweigh the “amazing” day you think you’re giving them. If guests do accept, gifts should be actively discouraged. Is this wedding about marriage or Instagram?
I don’t know. Her friends seem as out of touch & insufferable as she does…

Reactions: 5