Kate Murnane - dollybowbow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I'm brutally honest I don't think a video even needed to be made about it, let alone such a long video. I know she's donating money raised from it to charity etc etc etc but I don't think a video about a chemical pregnancy is necessary. Lots of people probably wouldn't even have mentioned it to their followers.
Most people aren't even aware they've had a chemical pregnancy unless they're trying for a baby, tracking their cycle and taking regular pregnancy tests. I think you would just assume your period was a few days late. I've not had one (to my knowledge), but I can imagine it's incredibly upsetting and extremely disappointing to get an early positive and then bleed a few days later. That must be really tit, so I do feel for her. But I do tend to agree that maybe a video wasn't necessary

Reactions: 10
I just feel that influencers these days are oversharing a bit too much. They all want to go one better than each other and have more drama/excitement in their lives than the others, which in turn leads them to overdramatise things that in the grand scheme of things may not be a massive deal.

Reactions: 9
I'm so glad that someone else has said this.

I would never compare losses and everyone's situation is completely different. But I was just left a bit confused by her video. I'm not really sure why she made it.

She basically seemed to say that she knew right from the start that it wasn't right this was coming, and her period came after a day or two of having a very faint test. So it was, as others have said, a chemical pregnancy that most people wouldn't have known about.

But she's so affected she's not been able to work properly for months 🤷‍♀️

I don't wish loss on anyone at all. It sucks. I tried for over 2 years to get pregnant, and then found out at my 12 week scan that there was no heartbeat. It was absolutely tit after trying for so long, but it was still just described as a 'non-viable pregnancy' and I still had to go to work and carry on.

She also said that the pain was manageable. I don't mean to be distasteful or crude, but she was only a few days late. She can't have expected a chemical pregnancy to be much different to a period.

I do repsect her for being honest, and stepping away from the over processed perfect princess image she tried to create. But it does seem like she feels that every tiny detail needs to be shared and madd video worthy. Maybe because she's seen so many others discussing their miscarriage and felt she now had something to share. I dunno.

Loss is tit, especially if you have been really hoping for it. And people do need to talk about loss more. But I'm just not sure what to make of this at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Agree. Like I said I had chemical pregnancies when I was trying to conceive and realised that I had probably had them before and was just unaware of them. I was also a bit confused when she said about the pain being managed and the physical aspect of it or however she put it because as you say there really isn’t one....it’s just a normal period that comes at that stage. Feel like a witch for being so cynical but it just seemed over dramatised and used to attract viewers back. Dunno....it’s obviously tit when you want a baby and get a disappointment like this but it felt disingenuous.

Thing with her (take the miscarriage away) she only comes on stories when she has an ad to push.. then she comes on with this. As others have said she just doesn’t come across as genuine

I too have had a chemical pregnancy in the past and a miscarriage, so altho I understand the former is still tough and upsetting it isn't the same kind of pain as a miscarriage even just a few weeks later.
Like pp said it would have just been like a regular period, if she hadn't done a test she never would have known.

Not to take away from her hurt because I completely understand but I thought the video was unnecessary. Yes bring awareness to baby loss but the video, at least to me, was just her using this as an excuse for being lazy on her channel this year. If it had have happened in like May it would have made sense but August! The whole thing just seemed like a cry for attention and a pity party tbh.

Hope that didn't seem too heartless

Reactions: 7
There was just no need for the over drama of it all. It just screams give me attention. Also who runs out and buys by the sounds of it quite a few pregnancy tests after being 1 day late. She admits using the digital ones mainly, so why was she even buying ones that show up lines. It seems a lot for someone who admitted she didn't really feel it was going to take anyway. I feel these bloggers are all just trying to one up each other these days. I'm genuinally surprised she didn't put in pictures of the tests for extra drama. There was just something that I dont know felt very dishonest about the whole thing. The obvious cuts and forced looking tears, it was just all very dramamtic for a chemical pregnancy if 2 days. Maybe im being a bit mean but I could have understood all the upset if she was quite a few weeks into it and then she properly miscarried.

She's on stories but rudely hasn't subed them and the I can't be arsed listening to her voice, so no idea what shes moaning about now (or she could be asking for free stuffwho knows really)

Honestly this whole thing has made me incredibly sad and disappointed in a way. I'm by no means saying it isn't heartbreaking to have a positive pregnancy test and then bleed. But a chemical pregnancy IS very common and most people don't even know. It's more like a late period than a miscarriage at such. And she's acting like it is a miscarriage... taking months off work basically. I feel it's just one big excuse for being so lazy and posting ads after ads after ad and doing nothing more, raking in the money for nothing, and now she's after sympathy so everyone forgets all that. I don't want to think that's why she's done it, but it does feel that way a little bit doesn't it? And now she's like on stories "I'm fine" like yes of course you are, you've managed to swing your way back to everyone pouring love to you. These influencers just get more and more disappointing. As she has always come across as a dramatic princess and is more so now I think.

Reactions: 17
Honestly this whole thing has made me incredibly sad and disappointed in a way. I'm by no means saying it isn't heartbreaking to have a positive pregnancy test and then bleed. But a chemical pregnancy IS very common and most people don't even know. It's more like a late period than a miscarriage at such. And she's acting like it is a miscarriage... taking months off work basically. I feel it's just one big excuse for being so lazy and posting ads after ads after ad and doing nothing more, raking in the money for nothing, and now she's after sympathy so everyone forgets all that. I don't want to think that's why she's done it, but it does feel that way a little bit doesn't it? And now she's like on stories "I'm fine" like yes of course you are, you've managed to swing your way back to everyone pouring love to you. These influencers just get more and more disappointing. As she has always come across as a dramatic princess and is more so now I think.
I completely agree - a midwife would not class this as a miscarriage. I don’t mean to be insensitive, and I’m really sorry to anyone who has suffered loss in the past, but it’s the truth. I had a chemical pregnancy before I was pregnant with my daughter. At my midwife booking in appointment she asked about any previous pregnancies (along with every other single thing about you that you have to tell at those appointments 😂) and my midwife explained that this wouldn’t be recorded as a miscarriage in my notes. It’s the very reason I now would wait until I was over 10 days late before taking a pregnancy test in the future, as what you don’t know won’t hurt you! I suspect many, many women have had chemical pregnancies and not even known about it.

I also got the feeling that they weren’t even trying and this was a surprise baby? Did anyone else feel that? She never said we had decided to try or anything like that.

Reactions: 12
Sorry to be insensitive but she didn’t have a ‘miscarriage’ did she, all just for attention and 💰 It’s sick

Reactions: 5
Surprise surprise and she’s back with more ads! I’m sure the life update video the other day was just to gain a bit of sympathy after all the recent adverts

The latest ad is so cringeworthy. I used to really like her but now I’m so tempted to unfollow x

Reactions: 8
FE920359-20E0-41A7-9E9D-197472C02C2D.jpeg

How is she not pulled up on declaring Ads. It’s like a game of where’s wally to notice it.

Reactions: 11
I used to really enjoy her channel. I liked her home and fashion videos but it is like she has lost her way completely. She is almost unrecognisable. Not sure if she is going through something or if she has just changed. 🤑🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I used to really enjoy her channel. I liked her home and fashion videos but it is like she has lost her way completely. She is almost unrecognisable. Not sure if she is going through something or if she has just changed. 🤑🤷🏻‍♀️
She used to be lovely but once they start getting those deals I think the greed just starts!

Reactions: 3
When you think of how Fleur informed her subscribers of her miscarriages aswell...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.