Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember having my 18 year old son,I was in hospital on a Sat night ( being poked and prodded by midwives trying to help me with breastfeeding) and I looked out the window and thought all my friends are out now having fun! Didn't mean I didn't love him but it is a huge wakeup call because they're now rightly first and foremost. I think she looks sad too, overwhelmed...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I do feel for her, those first few weeks and months are (in my opinion) really really difficult. I also had a v rocky start with my first, premature and hospital etc, absolutely nothing can prepare you. It was brutal and hugely overwhelming. I was lucky to be relatively unscathed but it's a real recipe for PND. Agree they should be taking stints sleeping, and I wouldn't be showing the baby all those contrast photos in the nighttime - dark, quiet, and calm for night time! They ought to get some more help though, maybe Boj's mum again. Everything seems better with a little bit more sleep

Reactions: 5
She kind of seems crazy overtired with those night ramblings. She needs to put her phone down and rest! I've said it before but she is genuinely making me afraid to have my second in a few weeks, might have to unfollow for my own sanity!
If it helps, I found all the night feeds so much easier with my second. You know what to expect and you know they won’t last forever. With your first it’s such a shock even though everyone tells you that you won’t sleep!

I do feel for Kate as those first weeks are exhausting and they are such a shock but she’s just using it for content. Millions of parents did night feeds last night and *shock* didn’t post about it on Instagram.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Kate strikes me as someone who clearly wasn’t keen on having kids, but changed her mind for the sake of her partner and is now regretting it. They’ve had a rough ride of things with multiple A&E trips and infections. It’s a recipe for postnatal depression. My first baby was very planned and wanted, but even then I remember feeling totally floored and traumatised and thinking “I didn’t sign up for this”.
I’ve been thinking the same, and that she was maybe convinced with the rosy ideal of a baby that didn’t take into account all the rough patches, even without Noa having been sickly.

She doesn’t come across to me as someone who has really been around children or people with children much before, and while obviously it’s totally different with your own, I think going into it with absolutely zero experience is even rougher than with someone who’s seen others struggle with the same thing.

Reactions: 5
Probably an unpopular opinion but the minute I switched to formula my son was like a different baby. We all have our struggles, the guilt ate away at me (I still sometimes feel guilty for it) but I had to for my sanity. I hope Kate can keep in mind that it's always an option. I am not saying persevering with BFing doesn't work but in the short term you have to weigh up your mental health vs the benefits of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Probably an unpopular opinion but the minute I switched to formula my son was like a different baby. We all have our struggles, the guilt ate away at me (I still sometimes feel guilty for it) but I had to for my sanity. I hope Kate can keep in mind that it's always an option. I am not saying persevering with BFing doesn't work but in the short term you have to weigh up your mental health vs the benefits of it.
👏 Couldn't agree more,I wouldn't speak up. My mam did.." get that baby abottle she's had enough" always remember and so grateful she said what I couldn't for guilt.

Reactions: 15
In one of her stories, she's showing off her "bad boy pram" in the park (not hat on baby on a cold day) whilst trying to be funny.
Its just stupidly bad taste considering the current economic circumstances. She needs to grow up and stop acting like a goofy teenager.

Reactions: 7
She kind of seems crazy overtired with those night ramblings. She needs to put her phone down and rest! I've said it before but she is genuinely making me afraid to have my second in a few weeks, might have to unfollow for my own sanity!
This is how I feel, I’m pregnant with my first and it’s actually really scaring me. I know it won’t be all sweetness and light but it’s actually really making me panic.
I’m a realistic person and I do know it’s going to be hard with the lack of sleep and feeling overwhelmed. I know she’s trying to be real and all of that but sometimes I wish she would just put her phone down. Going to unfollow as it’s too stressful to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s definitely not enjoying this new born phase is she . And I think if your not particularly maternal your not going too . They are hard but you just have to go with it , it doesn’t last forever & I actually missed those days once mine were bigger . Night feeds never bothered me at all . Some days yea your knackered . If she continues to be negative the baby will pick up on it , she just needs to relax & go with it , noa will fall into a routine hopefully . Considering her age & the fact she may be her only baby she should try & enjoy every second , even at 3 in the morning because they really do grow up so quick

• Heart
I really like Kate and have followed her for years. It’s sad to see her struggling so much, the newborn phase is hard enough without the extra lockdown and baby illness on top.
I hope little Noa starts to get better soon and Kate can get some more sleep. She looks absolutely shattered bless her.

Reactions: 10
I agree with all that's been said, I've found her latest insta stories quite uncomfortable to watch, she seems really down and negative, it's very sad to see.
I hope she can get some help in, either paid help or get her mum or Boj's mum round to stay over perhaps for some support. I've not got kids but my friends who have had babies sometimes had their mum stay over for a few nights in the beginning, just for a bit of respite and help with household stuff.

Reactions: 1
She’s definitely not enjoying this new born phase is she . And I think if your not particularly maternal your not going too . They are hard but you just have to go with it , it doesn’t last forever & I actually missed those days once mine were bigger . Night feeds never bothered me at all . Some days yea your knackered . If she continues to be negative the baby will pick up on it , she just needs to relax & go with it , noa will fall into a routine hopefully . Considering her age & the fact she may be her only baby she should try & enjoy every second , even at 3 in the morning because they really do grow up so quick
I got told this, and when you’re struggling already and having a hard time being told to enjoy every second just doesn’t help. No one can or does, and a pressure to is just another stick to beat women with.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I got told this, and when you’re struggling already and having a hard time being told to enjoy every second just doesn’t help. No one can or does, and a pressure to is just another stick to beat women with.
Yea I get that . If your down , suffering with post natal depression I can imagine it’s not at all enjoyable . If this is Kates case , she needs to not post it on social media as it could be triggering . But with all celebs they have to keep up appearances don’t they 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Newborn days are on the scale of savage. Just my opinion obvs. First time round even more savage as I thought it would last forever. Second time round wasn’t as savage as I knew I might sleep again.
Add into that anxiety of the baby’s health and it ups the scale even more.
For first time mums reading this, don’t let it put you into panic. I just didn’t realise. I thought I would breathe my baby out. baby would latch onto boob. We would be a dream. It didn’t happen, but if I had known it wasn’t gonna be easy, it may not have been so savage.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There's also an element of which instamum has it the worst, the worst baby blues, the neediest baby, the most pnd, the least sleep, the craziest schedule. It's very negative and damaging, and all interspersed with undeclared ads.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This morning, why did she have the camera in Noa's face saying something like "this is the one who kept me up all night?"
She's a newborn...are you actually surprised about night feeds?
I wonder what babies and young children are thinking when they see their parents behind a small weird rectangle thing (a phone) all the time. In the past parents would take photos but not this much since film was expensive 😂 even a digital camera was a faff to get out whereas a phone is always on hand. Must be strange for the children wondering what the hell is being shoved in their face 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Agree, I would have loved my Mum to give me a night off in those early days! As it was she wasn't around. If I had money of any sort I would have got a nanny definitely!

Also agree new and expectant Mums don't let it put you off, everyone has a different experience and it's not all bad! Need to take my own advice now, sorry derailing thread completely!

• Heart
There's also an element of which instamum has it the worst, the worst baby blues, the neediest baby, the most pnd, the least sleep, the craziest schedule. It's very negative and damaging, and all interspersed with undeclared ads.
Exactly, there’s also an element of saying they are struggling about something one week and then the next week doing an ad for some miracle product that you don’t really need that really helped with whatever it was they were struggling with!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.