Kate King

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know if she’s been back on the airwaves since his suspension? Could she not apply for voluntary positions other hospital radio shows outside of Aylesbury? She drives so transportation isn’t an issue especially since we know she worked at Wycombe Sound.

I think she’s living in la la land just a bit if she thinks anything is going to amount from all this time she’s devoting to bowls. Whilst it’s good as a hobby, it shouldn’t take precedence over employment. Bowls is a dying sport so there’s very little chance of her establishing any sort of career in it, unlike radio and social media.
She hasn't been back on the radio since. There are plenty of other community stations in Bucks or Oxfordshire so going somewhere else is definitely an option, but I think I remember her mentioning that pursuing radio as anything more than a hobby is pointless since it's so hard to break into. Maybe she's just given up on it entirely.

I agree that she's living in la la land. I try not to blame her parents too much since it must be hard raising a disabled child, and any parent would still worry about them as they enter into adulthood. But the more I find out about how they baby her the more difficult it becomes. She wasn't even allowed to drive 10 minutes to SMHR by herself, and then there's the famous story about her not being allowed in the kitchen unsupervised until she was in her 20s and still not being allowed to stay home alone (or at least she wasn't before "Grandad" passed). Bowls is like a replacement for school for her since she goes every day, and it's a way of clinging on to her childhood since her parents haven't allowed her to gain her independence.

Reactions: 1
On the SMHR website Steve’s presenter profile has been deleted but Kate’s is still up. Although I remember her getting angry that SMHR wouldn’t approve her as a solo presenter, despite people who joined after her getting approval. They clearly don’t trust her to handle a show on her own so unless she can find someone else to do it with her (unlikely) I think this is the end of her radio exploits.
Kate and Steve (alongside other SMHR personalities) went to an awards do last night and received an award, so the end might be near?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.